Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TKing and Drill Disruptions By Union Company Members

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    There is no specific set of rules for the servers other than the usual "don't be a dick", however that's not to say one can purposely team-kill with carefree abandon. We are currently relying upon player reports (hinthint) and directly PM'ing the administration and moderators with video/image proof before a permanent SteamID ban is placed. That said, there is a simple auto-kick feature currently in place, it will be upgraded and admin tools expanded over time.

As for the 'kid officer', you do have the option of actively ignoring him.
    No complaints about me yet so I must be doing it right �� ez grief skillz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairywarhero View Post
    No chill at all Etherton
    Tbf most of this community is kids so my choice is vastly broadened. Its like playing where's wallie just to find a mature man
    Last edited by Leifr; 08-30-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Double post

CSA Major

Etherton, I have taken the liberty of merging your posts. Please do not intentionally double-post.
    You clearly have not been looking very far with regards to finding 'a mature man', if that is how you are inclined.

USA Captain

Hi,

I wanted to keep me out of this discussion.

Every person in this community is responsible for his own activity. If I do shit, it isn't the fault of my OC, it's my own personal fault. So you can't blaim a company of doing shit, if one individual person makes non sense. We aren't in the real army, our NCO's and CO's don't have 24/7 controll of us. Don't forget this is a game, not the real army. So don't blaim a company of something one individual did.

I think everybody here in the community is old enough to know the consequences of his doing. And I personally think that every company in this game, where the OC's put many time in it to form their company and to get it bigger and bigger, haven't the aim on destroying the fun of this game. So I think it's very unfair to call names of companys and associate them with a bad thing.

Now something to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Units like the large 42nd PA and the significantly smaller 2nd MA that hold their men to a high standard should set the tone.
    (No offend) There is no elite in this game. Their are no better companys. Every Company is good on his own way. You can't compare companys because everybody is using his own tactics and his own disciplin. And I thing it is very offensive to say that you re one of the best companys. Because this isn't true. Like I said you can't compare any companys. You can't compare a small company with a big company because there are too many diffrence, you can't do such things (tactics, manouvers.) when you're smaller. I see this in our drills. We have a Section-Drill and in comparism with our Association-Drill, we can't do such things when we are 10-20 men. So please don't compare yourself with other companys as well they wouldn't do that.

Greetings from Germany.
    Last edited by Max Krause; 08-30-2017 at 01:08 PM.
    Max Petersen

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I believe this community has a very diverse demographic. We have young players (Kids)some that act their age (nothing wrong with that) and others that are pretty mature, teens, young adults who think they know about the military, and then those whom have served in their country's military, and then we have adults from 18+ that have great heads on their shoulders, giving the community a great name.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 08-30-2017 at 01:13 PM.

USA Captain

I believe this community has a very diverse demographic. We have young players (Kids)some that act their age (nothing wrong with that) and others that are pretty mature, teens, young adults who think they know about the military, and then those whom have served in their country's military, and then we have adults from 18+ that have great heads on their shoulders, giving the community a great name.
    Does this change the fact, that everybody is responsible for his own activitys? No.

And also, this community is mainly out of older persons. There aren't much young people in this community as far as I can say. I play this game now for nearly 100 hours and the only kid i've seen is your 1st or 2nd Lieutenant.

(For me a kid is from 0-16, If they have the age of 16 the mainly part, is acting like adults and also don't act childish)
    Last edited by Max Krause; 08-30-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Max Petersen

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Max Krause View Post
    I play this game now for nearly 100 hours and the only kid i've seen is your 1st or 2nd Lieutenant.
    and maybe yourself...

Hi,

I wanted to keep me out of this discussion.

Every person in this community is responsible for his own activity. If I do shit, it isn't the fault of my OC, it's my own personal fault. So you can't blaim a company of doing shit, if one individual person makes non sense. We aren't in the real army, our NCO's and CO's don't have 24/7 controll of us. Don't forget this is a game, not the real army. So don't blaim a company of something one individual did.

I think everybody here in the community is old enough to know the consequences of his doing. And I personally think that every company in this game, where the OC's put many time in it to form their company and to get it bigger and bigger, haven't the aim on destroying the fun of this game. So I think it's very unfair to call names of companys and associate them with a bad thing.

Now something to this post:

(No offend) There is no elite in this game. Their are no better companys. Every Company is good on his own way. You can't compare companys because everybody is using his own tactics and his own disciplin. And I thing it is very offensive to say that you re one of the best companys. Because this isn't true. Like I said you can't compare any companys. You can't compare a small company with a big company because there are too many diffrence, you can't do such things (tactics, manouvers.) when you're smaller. I see this in our drills. We have a Section-Drill and in comparism with our Association-Drill, we can't do such things when we are 10-20 men. So please don't compare yourself with other companys as well they wouldn't do that.

Greetings from Germany.
    Understand this...I do not care if it is not the real military. I do not care if it offends you. No I don't believe that WE are elite, what I do believe is that there have been companies to set themselves apart from the rest by way of holding their members accountable. If a group of people organize with the intent of portraying a historical company that fought with honor it is only appropriate that they treat that name with reverence. That is not up for debate. This is MY country's history with MY country's flag being used. The Developers have been amazing with the great respect, love, energy, and detail they have given this game and so have the moderators. Until you carry over 30+ caskets with American flags draped over them please do not tell me what I can and cannot compare.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Etherton View Post
    No complaints about me yet so I must be doing it right �� ez grief skillz.

Tbf most of this community is kids so my choice is vastly broadened. Its like playing where's wallie just to find a mature man
    I didn't even notice I double posted. I just replied to 2 different comments and I'm on mobile so hardly paying attention. I've looked very hard and most are kiddos. I'm edgy, a troll and a shit talker so most people are seen in bad light to me due to my strong xenophobic belief against anyone non english xddddd
    #EnglandIsMyCity

At the end of the day it comes down to just apologise if you accidentally TK. If not and it really annoys you, just try to talk to the guy or the Company Commander. And if that doesn't work, then I truly don't see a problem in name and shame. As that always works
    Further more, I don't see the need for a Union Commanders Meeting about this, as you literally just have to use your common sense and decency.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Etherton View Post
    I'm edgy, a troll and a shit talker so most people are seen in bad light to me due to my strong xenophobic belief against anyone non english xddddd
    That was actually funny...

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMonk View Post
    At the end of the day it comes down to just apologise if you accidentally TK. If not and it really annoys you, just try to talk to the guy or the Company Commander. And if that doesn't work, then I truly don't see a problem in name and shame. As that always works
    Further more, I don't see the need for a Union Commanders Meeting about this, as you literally just have to use your common sense and decency.
    That was a very honest and mature response to this whole thing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

"This is why a Union Commander's meeting is in order...or should be. Units like the large 42nd PA and the significantly smaller 2nd MA that hold their men to a high standard should set the tone. ".
    I just caught that you quoted me...The bold part is the part you used to try and make a point. But if you had used my whole quote you would have caught that I was talking to Bravescot and implying that we need to set the tone....as in we need to set the example....and do the right thing. Also meaning that I hold my people to a high standard...or they are booted/kicked out of the company. I tell all of my guys and they will quote me on this; "I would rather have 10 active guys that don't cause problems and are high quality than 100+ guys who are inactive or have bad attitudes"
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 08-30-2017 at 01:27 PM.

USA Captain

and maybe yourself...
    Very nice of you to offend. I appreciate it, but that just shows me and everyone else that you're out of arguments.

A little tip by the way. In a discussion it isn't advisible to give such comments. It isn't good for your credibility.

Understand this...I do not care if it is not the real military.
    You have to care. Because it is a fact that this is a game and not the real military. And offending my friend is useless so please let this non sense away of this discussion.

No I don't believe that WE are elite, what I do believe is that there have been companies to set themselves apart from the rest by way of holding their members accountable.
    But in your post:

This is why a Union Commander's meeting is in order...or should be. Units like the large 42nd PA and the significantly smaller 2nd MA that hold their men to a high standard should set the tone.
    I underlined it where you said that. It literally says that you think that your company is one of the best ones. And elite means the best ones.
    So let's keep it on.

If a group of people organize with the intent of portraying a historical company that fought with honor it is only appropriate that they treat that name with reverence.
    This is correct. It is right to treat that name with reverence. But you always forget that it is a game. If somebody who is in a company do something very very wrong, he doesn't do this in the name of the company. He does this on his own. And my friend how do you want to look over every action of your members. i personally think if one of your members goes now online start WoR and start screaming that all guys who play this game are *****. You don't have controll over it. And if you now want to say that you know your men. Thats mostly wrong. You don't know them. I don't know my OC either, because this here is virtual. I only hear his voice. I never met him personal. So I don't really know him. This is a fact. Maybe you are one of those companys, who are RL friends and all bought this game. But this would be unlikely.

This is MY country's history with MY country's flag being used. Until you carry over 30+ caskets with American flags draped over them please do not tell me what I can and cannot compare.
    Wow my friend, you want to tell me that I'm not allowed to discuss this with you because I'm German? Is this what you want to tell me? Maybe it is interesting for you, that also germans fight in the american civil war. And one of the biggest german regiments is the 52ndNY. You can google it. There are also I think 3 german generals who fought in the civil war so. So I'm also allowed on military point of view to discuss with you. And I can tell you what you can compare and what you can't compare because it is a fact that you can't compare because you don't know whats all behind the scenes in the companys. You DON'T know that because you can jsut the see the front of it. You just see that they have a lot of people the use tactics and so on. You don't know which of those massiv amounts of people in the company tool, are inactive, don't have the game. So I recomment that you stop doing a list of the best companys, because you don't see whats behind the scenes.

Greetings from Germany.

P.S.: I allowed my self to let the thing with the devs out of comment. Because they already know that they do a good job and for this discussing it is completly unimportant.
    Last edited by Max Krause; 08-30-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Max Petersen