Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American war of Inderpendance next please :)

Quote Originally Posted by [WoR] Kiff View Post
    Just to get a general idea of who all would want it to turn into different wars and such in the future
    Also, there is a severe lack of historical shooters that are not in WW2. The reason why I am so excited for this year is due to the amount of historical shooters coming out. There is still a long way to go.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Also, there is a severe lack of historical shooters that are not in WW2. The reason why I am so excited for this year is due to the amount of historical shooters coming out. There is still a long way to go.
    All in good time

Yeah, but I find it bad that AAA developers do not try to cover history in any way, preferring to go farther into the future, which makes me quite sad. I did not give BF4 a second thought when it was announced, but had my eyes glued to the computer screen when BF1's reveal trailer came out. If other companies took the way DICE went, things would be better for them.

Plus, I'm a teenager, meaning I go full OCD when I try to be patient.
    Last edited by Jack Clock; 02-16-2017 at 05:07 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

Yeah, but I find it bad that AAA developers do not try to cover history in any way, preferring to go farther into the future, which makes me quite sad. I did not give BF4 a second thought when it was announced, but had my eyes glued to the computer screen when BF1's reveal trailer came out. If other companies took the way DICE went, things would be better for them.

Plus, I'm a teenager, meaning I go full OCD when I try to be patient.
    It's alright video games are not history based for some reason that I do not understand, well majority of them that is. It's either you building a roller coaster amusement park or surviving a zombie apocalypse when they could be designing games to teach, educate, and have a fun experience with history! What's up with that? That's why I am so strongly passionate about this game, it's a rare little birdy that you don't see all that much. I'm on the same page with you Jack

CSA Captain

video games are not history based for some reason that I do not understand, well majority of them that is. It's either you building a roller coaster amusement park or surviving a zombie apocalypse
    It's pretty simple. It's about money.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    It's pretty simple. It's about money.

We've got to have... MONEY...

But yeah, teaching my generation about history has always been something I strive for, and video games would make that easier to do so.
    Last edited by Jack Clock; 02-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

We've got to have... MONEY...

But yeah, teaching my generation about history has always been something I strive for, and video games would make that easier to do so.
    I totally agree with that, I mean god knows how many people play "Grand Theft Auto" Think about having that many users but with a game that can teach history whilst having fun doing so!

I totally agree with that, I mean god knows how many people play "Grand Theft Auto" Think about having that many users but with a game that can teach history whilst having fun doing so!
    Well... we got RDR2, so yay!

But currently, there are quite a few historical shooters and such coming out, like RS2, The Trench 1916, War of Rights, Revolt 1917, a Napoleonic shooter, and The Wilderness 1862. Still, mostnof these games do not have enough budget, but after BF1, expect more historical ges in the future...

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Seriously? That's the best ya got?
    Try this!

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Seriously? That's the best ya got?
    Try this!

How am I supposed to compete with Andy Williams let alone Man of La Mancha? You win dear sir.