Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to ask the csa how they have liked the last few days getting the union side

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Again, we understand it is Alpha and skirms are mini testing versions of the larger map.
    Very little is as it will become eventually so tactics will keep evolving.
    But when we have 5,298 people available to test the game and we can barely fill 1 server at peak times there is a problem and we see a major part of it being a recent shift in balance.

To answer the OP ... we are loving being Union.
    It is a cake walk and our recent videos have had great titles like ...
    Union Tastes their own Medicine
    Saturday Slaughter ... yet again
    Union Unit Rage Quits

Not sure how much is getting tested in these "Few Minute Fights" but since that doesn't seem that important we will keep going Union and laughing our asses off. It is entertaining, if nothing else.
    thanks Cooley, at least you understand my problem here.. and I would hope the devs would too..
    yes .. fed is a cake walk, even when we are just screwing around.. and of course I will go along with the Corps in this plan.

but I want to explain.. I do understand phases, and I know the balance will come,, I know things are planned for and will make many changes,,, just at this moment I do not see how any TRUE testing can be done with such short skirms. perhaps it is very different when UK play.. but still this would not be fair if they ever played at OUR time.. so the whole spectrum should be looked at and not the abilities of those playing ...meaning, don't base your game on folks that think they know what they are doing but don't... just because someone posts a lot does not mean they have a clue when the crap hits the fan... many do not have a lot of hours in REAL GAME.. (not just standing around with a few folks but actually in line combat).. be cool devs.. and use good sense.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

CSA Captain

Again, we understand it is Alpha and skirms are mini testing versions of the larger map.
    Very little is as it will become eventually so tactics will keep evolving.
    But when we have 5,298 people available to test the game and we can barely fill 1 server at peak times there is a problem and we see a major part of it being a recent shift in balance.

To answer the OP ... we are loving being Union.
    It is a cake walk and our recent videos have had great titles like ...
    Union Tastes their own Medicine
    Saturday Slaughter ... yet again
    Union Unit Rage Quits

Not sure how much is getting tested in these "Few Minute Fights" but since that doesn't seem that important we will keep going Union and laughing our asses off. It is entertaining, if nothing else.
    I feel like everyone at this point understands the point we have been stressing. That being the lack of balance, when it comes to in game in my opinion Union is easier to play. However I chose Confederate to play Confederate and I've played Union with you guys the past few events to prove our point. I'm sure the Union players feel the same way, they want to play union. I find it unfair for us to continue to play Union forcing the actual Union to play CSA. In my opinion we should not be proud of causing union rage quits especially those fueled by lack of open Union slots. The Union players did not cause the balance issue and in no way should be punished for it.
    Last edited by Hienzman; 11-07-2017 at 06:43 PM.

USA General of the Army

I am glad you feel they understand but, sadly, it is not the case.
    We get messages and read posts that clearly illustrate their continued denial of an imbalance OR not caring that the imbalance makes it no fun to play as a Confederate.

Read my Sig ... do you honestly think ANY of us want to be Union?
    It makes our skin crawl!

We have three options ...
    - Continue to be punching bags and play Confederate
    - Play Union and slaughter our foes without any challenge
    - Stop Testing

We dislike all these options but certainly invite everyone to choose a path for themselves.
    We chose the second one because we refuse to be bullied into the first OR give up on a potentially great game by taking the third.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

We get messages and read posts that clearly illustrate their continued denial of an imbalance OR not caring that the imbalance makes it no fun to play as a Confederate.

It makes our skin crawl!

- Stop Testing

We dislike all these options but certainly invite everyone to choose a path for themselves.
    We chose the second one because we refuse to be bullied into the first OR give up on a potentially great game by taking the third.
    I understand that there are still those who refuse to see the reality of the situation I just find what we are doing is unfair to those who do. How ever I will fall in line with you boys and continue to wear the blue untill you decide otherwise.

CSA Captain

It makes our skin crawl!

- Stop Testing

Not quite sure where you see people denying imbalance (apart from 1 or 2 who were going on about specifics like weaponry and ticket numbers)
    Trusty and many others on this thread have agreed that there is an imbalance.
    Harping on about it isn't gonna make the situation any better, you are just beating a dead horse.
    But please do provide proof that there is a significant number of people who don't think that there is imbalance.

And who is trying to "bully" you in into playing Confederates?
    Last edited by Numitor; 11-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

Yes, no one is denying balance issues (hence why we wrote that they would be off in the patch notes of the patch that introduced the formation buff system).

A thing to keep in mind regarding balance tests: In order for us to be able to gain proper balance results we also need to remember that the teams need to be as identical as possible. If one team consists of 30 guys used to playing together and all sitting on teamspeak against another team of 30 randoms with no communication or worked out plan the former team should always win.

- Trusty

USA Major

I have been silent the past few days and really enjoyed this forum thread more than most thing in my live it was especially fun yesterday when, I smoked a jo*nt like a proper Dutch fellow and promtly started reading, now also I must say that the testing has been very fun especially on the saturday night, I even had to reschedule my late night w*nking sessions but it proved to be well worth it as it proved to be very fun to scream "Charlie's in the trees!!" while being on Westwoods noticing the point had been captured 5 seconds later, then I loaded in next map and f*ck me sideways before I could have spawned in on the next map those those bluebellies captured it again. Now this continued for like 20 rounds the next 30 minutes, but then it dawned on me, as the blessed virgin Mary appeared for me (I should really stop using certain drugs) she told me these Yanks are pulling your c*ck. So all I really want to say is that the testing you have been conducting is f*cking useless as we played 20 rounds and they where all over before half of the rebel team could spawn in, now I do fully propose testing to balance the game but frankly all I need to say is that the way you are doing it is useless as all you have been showing us is well you are really great at capping points, you don't really prove the Union is overpowered the exact same tactics would work on the Confederate when you are attacking and 2nd you fellas awfully remind me of the bullies that you say you are fighting, you are telling the devs to "Fix the game or we will continue being the Union and slaughter the CSA scrubs.". Now this is the wrong message to send as frankly it does more damage to the game than having and unbalanced CSA side your marathon like tactics in winning rounds well scares of new people as who woud want to play a game where when you spawn in, you are already loading in the next bl**dy map. I wish you all well on the perfect day. Yours truly the silent 6th!!!
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

While I haven't played all that much in the past few weeks, I do have a few thoughts about all of this. So, where to start?

First of all: There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing Union. I get that we're all very dedicated to our chosen factions, either through choice or perceived heritage, but at the end of the day; this is a game. We're not actually beating up Rebs or Yanks on the field of battle. As a matter of fact, I quite enjoy playing Union every now and then, just to see what it's like to be on the other side of that battlefield. If you're really good at defending as CSA on Burnside Bridge, why not check out the Union side? It can really humble you.

The threats of "We're gonna stop playing, you guys!" is about as immature as it gets. We're all here to have fun, aren't we? Provide feedback where necessary, and stop being so overtly hostile when you give it to the devs. They're people too, and I doubt they want to get shat on for finetuning something they've clearly put a lot of love and effort into. Consider tact and some respect when giving feedback. They ain't your punching bag.
    Do I agree with all the balancing decisions the devs made? Nope. Is that normal? Yes. What did I do? I didn't take to the forums with my entire company to brigade against the devs, essentially repeating the same things that have been repeated in the Teamspeak echo chambers and circlejerks (looking at you, 2nd Brigade).

I'm straying from my main thought, however. All you need to do is have an open mind when it comes to the changes. One of the biggest changes I absolutely hated, was the changing of the melee system. Over time, I learned to deal with the fact that it changed. I've grown to actually like the system now.

But the new ticket system? No. I love long, drawn out and epic battles. We rarely get those anymore.

CSA Brigadier General

Its not even worth my time anymore to trigger people on the forums like yourselves over your petty opinions. Because no matter what is done to have a mature discussion on solutions and ideas to maybe address the problems and help test for the devs so they can see what is going on. We have people who come on and think their tactics are superior yet what works works. A lot of you have yet to realize that there was a reason tactics in the civil war changed so much meanwhile I will continue to sip my Southern Sweet Tea as you all continue to tell others they are not good tacticians. Adding content and giving feedback is what the forums is meant for. If you like longer games its important to tell the devs. If you don't want people rushing the point its important to tell the devs. If you want hello kitty island adventure skin packs for your weapons its important to tell the devs. Otherwise next time you want to throw some criticism (which you have no room to) at a unit or company bring something to the table that is more than oooohh they are bad tactical peoples and my brain cant figure out how to stop them so i need the devs to do it so i will complain about them. How about "just spitballing here" getting creative and finding a way to avoid causing backlash and just post a topic on hey I feel the game needs to be like this because of xyz happening. Also to dear BJ, you've not been around is correct a lot of the 6th Alabama hasn't or maybe its just ghosts on the company rosters. But that's besides your points thank for your opinions they are so valuable I don't know where we would be without your contribution of 67 hrs on the game. We will continue to show up and play whoever wants to step in our sights regardless of affiliation. I would also like to add a thank you to the devs for hearing voices no one on our side is trying to "bully" as timo phrased it, and I think the new update with adding a skirmish feature is a great step in the right direction to bring back tactics for the confederate forces!
    "May we find a fruitful path in our endeavours, and show strength to our enemy's as we gallantly charge to meet them on the field of battle!"-
    Captain of the 11th MS Company F "Noxubee Rifles"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Squiggles View Post
    Also to dear BJ, you've not been around is correct a lot of the 6th Alabama hasn't or maybe its just ghosts on the company rosters. But that's besides your points thank for your opinions they are so valuable I don't know where we would be without your contribution of 67 hrs on the game.