Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities

CSA Private

Priorities

Hey it's me again.

I just wanted to ask why the devs aren't really adding any significant new content to the game? I mean it seems as if you're milking this Alpha thing hard at this point, you keep making tweaks to the alpha version and I don't see anything worth seeing in any of your updates. Now before you go off and say that I'm wrong let's face the facts, the current state of the game doesn't add up to the amount of money you guys made and the amount of people you have working on it, get your priorities straight and start adding stuff instead of polishing the alpha all the time because at this pace I don't think even my grandchildren will see the full release of this game.

Go away and learn how game development works, for one.

Having money =/= being able to instantly shove out a product. The big content chabges are being made, but under the hood.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Go away and learn how game development works, for one.

Having money =/= being able to instantly shove out a product. The big content chabges are being made, but under the hood.
    I am quite familiar with how game development works, and I never said money = instant game, I just said that the amount of time that this game is being milked in alpha and all the little changes being made to the game are only stagnating the progress. If you read the post again you'll see that I wrote about getting priorities, I'm not saying that they're not working hard or not making any changes, it's the extremely slow development speed that has me worried. There is no point in making the Alpha perfect, bring out more content and then polish the game.
    Last edited by Diversey; 09-30-2017 at 03:50 PM.

A few days ago we changed how morale scales based on server population. A few days prior to that we changed how melee works (adding a directional based system, a two hit effect system and more).

The upcoming week will most likely see the deployment of a proximity group based buff system set to radically altering the very core of how the game is won.

Sorry if you believe we’re not working hard.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    A few days ago we changed how morale scales based on server population. A few days prior to that we changed how melee works (adding a directional based system, a two hit effect system and more).

The upcoming week will most likely see the deployment of a proximity group based buff system set to radically altering the very core of how the game is won.

Sorry if you believe we’re not working hard.

- Trusty
    Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    I am quite familiar with how game development works, and I never said money = instant game, I just said that the amount of time that this game is being milked in alpha and all the little changes being made to the game are only stagnating the progress. If you read the post again you'll see that I wrote about getting priorities, I'm not saying that they're not working hard or not making any changes, it's the extremely slow development speed that has me worried. There is no point in making the Alpha perfect, bring out more content and then polish the game.
    There's no apology needed in my opinion. I love seeing all the updates, It's great to see advancement on this game. Also advancement greatly helps keep the game active. That said, Certain things take longer than others though. How long the development takes, it is what it is.

Diversey, Game development isn't easy. I understand you want to support this game and want to see it released, but advancements are being made.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Content doesn't make a game.

It's the inner workings that make a game.

Currently there are sufficient content to allow the development team to find flaws, make adjustments, add to mechanics and workability and etc., to make this a fully functioning piece of work. Once all those dominos are in place then they can start adding content on top of that.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    Hey it's me again.

I just wanted to ask why the devs aren't really adding any significant new content to the game? I mean it seems as if you're milking this Alpha thing hard at this point, you keep making tweaks to the alpha version and I don't see anything worth seeing in any of your updates. Now before you go off and say that I'm wrong let's face the facts, the current state of the game doesn't add up to the amount of money you guys made and the amount of people you have working on it, get your priorities straight and start adding stuff instead of polishing the alpha all the time because at this pace I don't think even my grandchildren will see the full release of this game.
    As far as I am aware, there are only three full-time staff based in Copenhagen (Trusty, Fancy and ???) - the rest are pulled in as and when. CFG are not at a liberty to plough money directly into the hiring of developers and, whilst $500,000 is quite a lot of money for a small studio, it is literal peanuts to other companies who have staff working in the multiples of ten. I'm certain that they could invest that money into another developer or two but then they're burning through the funds at a rate that was not accounted for - that's when the game goes bust and then there's no 'significant new content'. I trust that CFG have fully accounted for their funds and time with regards to pushing along into each update phase. Throwing more men at development does not necessarily improve output, although it will certainly negatively affect the bank account.

As a sidenote, and an example that more money and more developers do not necessarily fully-realise a complete game. I have been in the Kingdom Come: Deliverance project since the Kickstarter in January 2014. The game is still in beta and will not be launched as a full version until next year - Warhorse Studios have 50+ folk working for them full time and earned slightly over one million pounds at the time of the Kickstarter ending. Why isn't their game already out mate? Why aren't you playing it? Get to it!

CSA Captain

alot of people are waiting for beta

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Lee1862 View Post
    alot of people are waiting for beta
    So, while you're waiting, there's an option available that allows you to add dollars of contribution to your already contributed amount. Each additional contribution adds to your previous amount ... and like anything when you add to it, it grows ... it wouldn't take much for you to make a Captain donation tier from Sergeant ... then you don't have to wait for beta.

$500,000 is a large lump sum, but once you have to pay bills from that it quickly disappears. Imagine a moderate salary of $50k for a developer. That's $150k right off the top. Add to that website and server costs, office lease, licensing fees, additional equipment and incidentals, it is as if it never existed in the bank account.

As was previously pointed out; The addition of more content is pointless if the underlying systems have not approached a state of readiness.