PDA

View Full Version : General Morale Bonus

Mississippi
12-13-2015, 03:08 PM
It would be awesome if the General could increase morale or give a bonus such as quick reload, precision shot, Aggressive charge, fast respawn, or skilled melee. If the general is within a certain distance of the company / company's.

Tar Heel
12-14-2015, 03:49 AM
That would be cool, but I think you'd also have to balance it out with the risks of the general being killed. There are plenty of examples of the presence of a beloved general rallying his men and turning the tide of battle. There are also plenty of examples of a general becoming a casualty and his command falling apart. I don't know what the devs are planning for how generals respawn, but it should probably be different from how the lower ranks respawn. Generals should have to weigh the effects of rushing to a section of the battlefield to rally their men with the consequences of being killed in the attempt. Maybe, in addition to a delay in orders, the soldiers also get a negative modifier on reload speed, accuracy, etc. to represent a loss of morale? I think this has a lot of possibilities and would love to hear what the devs have planned.

Mississippi
12-14-2015, 04:50 AM
That would be cool, but I think you'd also have to balance it out with the risks of the general being killed. There are plenty of examples of the presence of a beloved general rallying his men and turning the tide of battle. There are also plenty of examples of a general becoming a casualty and his command falling apart. I don't know what the devs are planning for how generals respawn, but it should probably be different from how the lower ranks respawn. Generals should have to weigh the effects of rushing to a section of the battlefield to rally their men with the consequences of being killed in the attempt. Maybe, in addition to a delay in orders, the soldiers also get a negative modifier on reload speed, accuracy, etc. to represent a loss of morale? I think this has a lot of possibilities and would love to hear what the devs have planned.

I agree as well!

Soulfly
12-14-2015, 09:30 AM
we had this discussion already a few times now, at least if feels like that, i am against bonuses like "look at me i fired my rifle 10 times now i must be more accurate or reload faster" but i think being near an CO can provide some morale bonuses like withstanding the moral impact of enemy fire a little bit better.