PDA

View Full Version : Changing your Badge made easier

Etherton
12-13-2015, 08:50 PM
I think the whole process of changing your pledge badge at the moment is really long winded and quite annoying to alot of people.

I think there needs to be a simple way where you can just click the 'Change Forum Badge' and it automatically take you to the screen to change your badge. Having to type in your email go to your email and then follow more links just to change it is really overcomplex imo.

MrAmerican
12-13-2015, 08:54 PM
agreed
*ten characters*

Jamez
12-13-2015, 09:08 PM
But it is just a one time process. Unless you end up raising your pledge what need would you have to keep changing your forum badge?

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-13-2015, 09:11 PM
But it is just a one time process. Unless you end up raising your pledge what need would you have to keep changing your forum badge?

Exact. i think that is not really important for the moment.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Hello, let me just attempt to explain a few things behind the reasoning for the current system.

The forum doesnt know anything about your pledge, you may have made your pledge with a different email than what your forum account is using. The reason for the email that is being sent to you is security, to make it nearly impossible for other people to use your pledge tier for their own forum account or to change your forum badge to something else. The alternative to this solution is for everyone to create a new account and password on our website, just to change your forum badge.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Ok then is this is the best solution.

Etherton
12-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Surely once you link your account to your pledge its then connected and you can freely make changes. I dont see why you need to go through the process everytime. Cant be hard to simply do a one time link as you do with other games and then have access to changing things after that.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Surely once you link your account to your pledge its then connected and you can freely make changes. I dont see why you need to go through the process everytime. Cant be hard to simply do a one time link as you do with other games and then have access to changing things after that.

Once you have linked your accounts the first time, you dont have to do it again. All you have to do is to click the link in your email and change your forum badge.

Etherton
12-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Once you have linked your accounts the first time, you dont have to do it again. All you have to do is to click the link in your email and change your forum badge.

exactly, you have to still go to a 3rd party to change it, cant it be linked to the button you have made that says 'Change Forum Badge'? just seems like you are taking the long way around.

Jamez
12-15-2015, 05:15 PM
exactly, you have to still go to a 3rd party to change it, cant it be linked to the button you have made that says 'Change Forum Badge'? just seems like you are taking the long way around.

If you have a better way of doing it while still taking into account the security precautions of it then by all means show it to them. I don't believe anyone else really has a problem with using their email to edit the forum badge and it is not exactly something you will be doing on a daily basis so why take up the time of the devs?

Ryker
12-16-2015, 03:24 AM
I cant even get my badge to show up but oh well I just hope this game blows my expectations out of the water

Jamez
12-16-2015, 03:35 AM
I cant even get my badge to show up but oh well I just hope this game blows my expectations out of the water

What problem are you having?

Ryker
12-16-2015, 04:04 AM
when I change badge type I pick it and it say it will be updated but it never comes up even after a whole night

William
12-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Ok then is this is the best solution.

I Agree with Maximus its in my opinion the best solution

MadWolf
12-18-2015, 12:19 PM
It's only a few clicks more Stop being lazy :p. This is the best solution.

Landree
12-28-2015, 04:45 AM
My forum email and my paypal email are different. Both emails don't work "Email is wrong!"

Any way I can remedy this?

A. P. Hill
12-28-2015, 06:07 AM
My forum email and my paypal email are different. Both emails don't work "Email is wrong!"

Any way I can remedy this?

PM FancySweetroll

A. P. Hill
12-28-2015, 06:08 AM
when I change badge type I pick it and it say it will be updated but it never comes up even after a whole night

Badges change with contributions, it's not an arbitrary change. :)

Sneaky Cheese
02-06-2016, 02:01 AM
I have pledged for WoR

Can some 1 either tell me or MSG me how to apply me pledge rank/bade to the forums
Or
Direct me to a page where it can explain 2 me how to do it

Cheers!

A. P. Hill
02-06-2016, 02:08 AM
I have pledged for WoR

Can some 1 either tell me or MSG me how to apply me pledge rank/bade to the forums
Or
Direct me to a page where it can explain 2 me how to do it

Cheers!

Start here. Follow the instructions. (https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding_RequestUUID.aspx#navigationContainer) If that fails PM Fancy Sweetroll.