PDA

View Full Version : Sappers?

Terminator
12-22-2015, 12:56 AM
It would be cool to use sappers to build entrenchments, and things like that. Also, maybe if you find a hill, there might be an area in it where you can dig, and if the enemy are encamped on it, you could dig into it, and place deterrents into it to detonate.

Jamez
12-22-2015, 01:03 AM
I think a practicle would be the best way to explain why this probably won't happen. Try digging an entrenchment for a company sized line somewhere in your backgarden and then imagine doing that under gunfire in a very short time.

This kind of thing would not be practicle during the fight. Now if there was a system in which the commander of the battle can choose fortifications before the round commenced that wouldn't be so bad. But the devs are creating the battlefields to be identicle to the real ones so I doubt there will be an ability to change that.

thomas aagaard
12-22-2015, 09:02 AM
And do it without using a shovel... use a kitchen knife and a plate...

A. P. Hill
12-22-2015, 03:11 PM
I think it would probably be impossible to deform the map at any given point to represent digging trenches. However, sappers are a part of the engineering corps, which at this time are also considered to be non player entities.

Octavian360
12-25-2015, 04:55 AM
I think it would probably be impossible to deform the map at any given point to represent digging trenches. However, sappers are a part of the engineering corps, which at this time are also considered to be non player entities.

The Pioneer's (Union side), they were also not apart of the line infantry company. They were their own entity usually as battalions, helping to clear roads for the wagons along with repairing/building railroads/bridges.

thomas aagaard
12-25-2015, 11:26 AM
The organisation of pioneers really depend on when we are talking and what army.