PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Customisation

Harry26548
12-24-2015, 06:54 AM
I think it would be cool if company leaders could customise their uniforms with different facing and colors, ofoucrse keeping th main pat blue or grey (except for zuaves)

SpectretheGreat
12-24-2015, 07:55 AM
I am a little confused, how can you customize the colour and keep the main pattern? Do you mean the trimming, and if so, how do we limit such a thing. It would be pretty unrealistic to see an officer, and only an officer with neon pink and grey.

I think there are other threads like this already out that you may want to take a look at, they may help you explain your idea better and possibly have already said it all for you :)

Harry26548
12-24-2015, 12:10 PM
it might be good for if there is a Napoleonic Wars mod. Maybe

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-24-2015, 12:13 PM
first let the devs finish the game before you thinking about mods :)

and second we dont know what kind of period they will made if WoR is great :)

Hinkel
12-24-2015, 01:35 PM
it might be good for if there is a Napoleonic Wars mod. Maybe

Why a napoleonic mod, if we could make an entire game of it? ;)
Mods are not possible.. to much work would have to be done.

You would need a mod team, which need to work full time on such a mod, maybe they would need 2 or 3 years of making a decent version :)

PvtPalmer11pvi
12-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Changing colors on an officers uniform is pretty unrealistic. Especially for the Union Army.... Maybe talking about piping on the uniforms? Colored piping was seen on non commissioned officers and some privates but wasn't all that common but they didn't choose they're favorite color to wear.

Infantry = Blue
Artillery = Red
Cavalry = Yellow
Engineers = Yellow (or Gold)
Ordnance = Crimson

For commissioned officers rank was displayed on shoulder straps. The color of the shoulder straps with trims in gold braid were

Dark blue: general officers
Dark blue: general staff
Sky blue: infantry
Yellow: cavalry
Orange: dragoons
Scarlet: artillery
Dark green: sharpshooters
White: judge advocate
Emerald green: medical corps
Etc....

Patrick Kurtz
12-31-2015, 07:31 PM
I think there is already a small amount of customization available, but if you go too far you get inaccurate.

A. P. Hill
12-31-2015, 07:46 PM
If you want a custom uniform it's probably a safe bet you can get one if you join the Confederacy. The Union forces were pretty much regulation throughout. ;)

Jeffrey Miller
01-02-2016, 08:15 AM
If you want a custom uniform it's probably a safe bet you can get one if you join the Confederacy. The Union forces were pretty much regulation throughout. ;)\

True that! I hope we get to choose what shoes, hats, and shirts we are wearing!

Scots
01-02-2016, 11:30 PM
I mostly just want to be able to choose my hat, because in N&S there are hats I do and don't like, and I hate being given one I hate.

thomas aagaard
01-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Lets stick to the historical uniforms worn by the historical regiments.

So if you join a historical battle with x regiments, you should naturally have the uniform worn by the relevant regiments.

Landree
01-03-2016, 02:48 AM
That's a given. No zouave uniform item for being in a non-zouave unit, for an easy example.

However, having the ability for in-unit customization I'd like.

Jeffrey Miller
01-03-2016, 03:12 AM
That's a given. No zouave uniform item for being in a non-zouave unit, for an easy example.

However, having the ability for in-unit customization I'd like.

Agreed with Landree!

Bravescot
01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Aye. I'd love to be able to pick the style of kepi I'm wearing that is relevant to my regiment for example.

Josy_Wales
01-03-2016, 01:52 PM
How will the shoe option work in game for the different companies/regiments?

Here is a quote from Antietam, showing the raggedness of the confederates:

Another day's march brought us to Hagerstown where the cornfields and orchards furnished our meals. The situation, in a sanitary point, was deplorable. Hardly a soldier had a whole pair of shoes. Many were absolutely bare-footed, and refused to go to the rear. The ambulances were filled with the foot-sore and sick."
Pvt. Alexander Hunter, Company A, 17th Virginia Infantry

Hinkel
01-03-2016, 03:32 PM
How will the shoe option work in game for the different companies/regiments?

Just add an option: Shoe or bare foot ;)

Gandalf
01-03-2016, 07:25 PM
And all you have to do to get new shoes is invade Gettysburg... ;)

A. P. Hill
01-03-2016, 09:50 PM
And all you have to do to get new shoes is invade Gettysburg... ;)

That's another story. ;)

Machoman44441
01-03-2016, 09:52 PM
All I want to do is if i'm in the confederacy to choose my blanket.