PDA

View Full Version : What about making playable events with factions non-related to Civil War battles?

FranciscoJuarezGarcia
12-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Like you know, New York City Draft Riots, French Intervention In Mexico, or maybe even Texas Revolution. I am pretty sure they can be made at least as (payable or non-payable) DLCs in the future. What do you think?

Brother_Padre
12-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Maybe in the far future, personally I would prefer more Campaigns from the Civil War itself or additional maps to the current campaign from the first DLCs.

Willie Fisterbottom
12-30-2015, 02:59 AM
If the devs ever make another i game i really hope its of the french and indian war that would be cool

R21
12-30-2015, 04:05 AM
If this Game does get modded or the devs decide to deviate from the period it's set with DLC i'd love to see an Anglo-Zulu War mod. Games set in that period are few and far between and usually not very good.

The framework they've built for WOR could make for an awesome Game set during that period and some A-symmetric Gameplay (Zulus outnumbering British and more of a Focus on Stealth/Melee for them).

It could be WOR' answer to Battlefield: Vietnam :D

FranciscoJuarezGarcia
12-30-2015, 09:19 PM
If this Game does get modded or the devs decide to deviate from the period it's set with DLC i'd love to see an Anglo-Zulu War mod. Games set in that period are few and far between and usually not very good.

The framework they've built for WOR could make for an awesome Game set during that period and some A-symmetric Gameplay (Zulus outnumbering British and more of a Focus on Stealth/Melee for them).

It could be WOR' answer to Battlefield: Vietnam :D
I think there is no need for that, since there is already an FPS multiplayer Anglo-Zulu War game in development by other developers.

Willie Fisterbottom
12-30-2015, 09:40 PM
I think there is no need for that, since there is already an FPS multiplayer Anglo-Zulu War game in development by other developers.

Please good sir send me a link to this.

R21
12-30-2015, 10:11 PM

If you're talking about:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401250/

that Game, then WOR looks infinitely better.

FranciscoJuarezGarcia
12-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Please good sir send me a link to this.
Well, R21 already gave a link to Steam page of the game.

And to R21, well, I wouldnt say that WoR looks INFINITELY better, plus keep in mind that it is made by different studio which didnt even asked for funding or anything like that, plus not everything is supposed to be perfect, IMHO.

R21
12-31-2015, 05:16 PM
If they were releasing it as a free Game/Mod i'd see your point (but even so, WOR still looked way better before the Kickstarter phase where they had no funding) and having seen Media for ZR, I wouldn't pay Money for it.

Willie Fisterbottom
12-31-2015, 07:00 PM
If you're talking about:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401250/

that Game, then WOR looks infinitely better.

omg the mod for mount and blade looks better than that game.

FranciscoJuarezGarcia
12-31-2015, 07:51 PM
True, but it's just not a full game yet, let's see how far they will get with development, but personally I think they need to improve A LOT of things including voice acting.

R21
12-31-2015, 08:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKOSV-fgec

They basically need to re-vamp the entire Game, especially if they plan to charge anything over £5 for it.

The fact that it's the done thing to put stuff like this on Steam Greenlight and charge Money for it is absurd, back in the day people wouldn't even have considered doing so and this would've been released as a free mod.

rebeldestroyer
01-03-2016, 09:38 PM
yes I have that mod and you can fight over 200 Zulu's instead of what looks like 30ish in that game

Jonny Powers
01-06-2016, 05:14 PM
yes I have that mod and you can fight over 200 Zulu's instead of what looks like 30ish in that game

Last time I saw someone try to get close to 200 Zulu AI ingame, it crashed the server... :rolleyes:

Patrick Kurtz
01-06-2016, 10:09 PM
I'd say get the overall civil war goal finished first, then move on to some different areas.