PDA

View Full Version : National Flags

Mickey
12-30-2015, 05:57 PM
This may be addressed elsewhere, but I haven't seen it. But is there a reason the 1st national flag, the "Stars and Bars" is used to identify the confederacy instead of the most recent flag, the 3rd National "Blood Stained Banner" ?

I realize that the different national flags were adopted at different points in the war, and the theatre of the game play is during the time frame of the 1st flag, but if you are going to have a flag simply identify the nation that was the CSA, I would think it should be the most recent, or final version.

Hinkel
12-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Hello,

yes.. there is a simple reason:
The game is about the Maryland Campaign of 1862. The 3rd National flag was released in 1865 ;)
So you won't have the 3rd national ingame.

Mickey
12-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Is the game going to eventually expand beyond the initial campaign timeframe (1862)? Or is it mainly going to focus on this portion of the war?

I was just thinking of general symbolism outside of gameplay.

Scots
12-31-2015, 04:41 AM
I want a Gettysburg or Fredricksburg Campaign Expansion.

MrAmerican
12-31-2015, 04:43 AM
It would be cool to have other campaigns... but for right now lets hold our horses and let them perfect Antietam. No need to try to rush through making ever campaign possible.
As they say: Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Landree
12-31-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm perfectly fine with the 1st National. I'd rather have a game that drops me into 1862 Sharpsburg as best they can rather than being shotgun blasted all over the war and having a weird mix of everything.

...like seeing the Mkb42 in Red Orchestra 2. God, what a screw-up that game was.

Jeffrey Miller
01-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Will the Confederate Battle Flag be in game? I thought it was ordered to be made after what the Yankees call The first battle of Bull run. Thanks!

Rithal
01-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Is the game going to eventually expand beyond the initial campaign timeframe (1862)? Or is it mainly going to focus on this portion of the war?

I was just thinking of general symbolism outside of gameplay.

Well outside of War of Rights, "The Stars and Bars" are largely used to refer to the Confederacy because it was used predominately throughout the height of the Confederacy, being replaced a few months before the battle of Gettysburg which was largely seen as the turning point of the war.

This is at least the reasoning that I can come up with. :p

Hinkel
01-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Will the Confederate Battle Flag be in game? I thought it was ordered to be made after what the Yankees call The first battle of Bull run. Thanks!

The Tar Heels have one in the last screenshot. And we released others with the battle flag as well ;)

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1926&d=1450727559

Gandalf
01-01-2016, 03:42 PM
...it was used predominately throughout the height of the Confederacy, being replaced a few months before the battle of Gettysburg which was largely seen as the turning point of the war.
Hmm... "The Stars and Bars" was used at the height of the Confederacy. Right after they changed the flag the Union started to gain the upper hand. Coincidence!? :eek:

Jeffrey Miller
01-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Thank you for the screenshot Good Sir! Happy New Year!

Rithal
01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Hmm... "The Stars and Bars" was used at the height of the Confederacy. Right after they changed the flag the Union started to gain the upper hand. Coincidence!? :eek:

Most certainly! XD