PDA

View Full Version : War of Rights In-game intro about the CAUSES of the Civil War.

Tripolic X
01-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Hello, my name is Joe Flores and I am a U.S History teacher in Texas. What I enjoy doing is teaching history in a fun and engaging way to students. One way of doing so is through gaming and I like to share my historical games* with my kids. My civil war lesson is a couple months away but I cant wait to show the trailer to them. Anyways, I know the game is about a few battles of the war but it would be nice to have in-game movie that explains the causes of the war.

Other things i would like to see is the Battles of Fort Sumter and Vicksburg.

*- There very few historical games that are any good but it makes students want to learn more about the real event.

Jeffrey Miller
01-02-2016, 07:13 PM
My hope is that they will leave politics aside, and get first person accounts, read the papers/letters to home of the time to get the real reasons for why they fought.

CybrSlydr
01-02-2016, 07:38 PM
My hope is that they will leave politics aside, and get first person accounts, read the papers/letters to home of the time to get the real reasons for why they fought.

Indeed, reading the Declarations of Secession gives enormous insight into why they left the Union.

Pvt.Scott
01-02-2016, 07:41 PM
here you go. found it while watching the civil war trust fund video. http://cdn.civilwar.org/civilwar/I watched it and its cool.

Hinkel
01-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Welcome to our forum.

Actually, I like that idea. For my mod North and South, I made a trailer with a fort sumter scene in the beginning (the mod is about the battle of Manassas). But its actually a good opening for such a game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCOvh2c7kg&feature=youtu.be&t=47

Tripolic X
01-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks Scott, I watched the entire video and it was very good.

Patrick Kurtz
01-03-2016, 02:20 AM
I once saw this absolutely brutal game a teacher created, with a simulation of the war, and all the questions were so messed up and wrong. Either the site was glitchy or he just shouldn't be a teacher.

Soulfly
01-04-2016, 06:50 AM
@Hinkel: really nice trailer, It gave me the creeps watching it...though the sounds were very very familiar (music and effects) ! :)

Henronicus
01-05-2016, 01:33 AM
@Hinkel: So you were the one that made that trailer! Diplexheated's channel has it too. My favorite comment I saw was "When they said ''There's Jackson Standing Like A Stone Wall'' One of my nipples went hard :D"

Mickey
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Indeed, reading the Declarations of Secession gives enormous insight into why they left the Union.

There were two different documents, the official "Declaration of Secession" each state wrote, but there were also separate documents issued by Texas, Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina (I believe) that were the "Causes for Deceleration of Secession". In which these states spelled out in greater detail their own states reasoning for secession.

I would hope that if either of these documents are referenced, that they not be mistaken for one another, as they usually are. Specifically by Union supporters.

But as stated above, I trust the game will not take a biased stance for either side and simply present it as factually accurate as possible, giving each person an opportunity to make their own determinations.

Landree
01-11-2016, 01:30 PM
I agree to that.

Mi'kmaq
01-13-2016, 02:10 AM
There were two different documents, the official "Declaration of Secession" each state wrote, but there were also separate documents issued by Texas, Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina (I believe) that were the "Causes for Deceleration of Secession". In which these states spelled out in greater detail their own states reasoning for secession.

I would hope that if either of these documents are referenced, that they not be mistaken for one another, as they usually are. Specifically by Union supporters.

But as stated above, I trust the game will not take a biased stance for either side and simply present it as factually accurate as possible, giving each person an opportunity to make their own determinations.

I wholeheartedly agree.