PDA

View Full Version : Disease and Infections.

Fredrick
01-06-2016, 02:13 AM
In most wars, some men die due to diseases or infections due to their wounds. The Civil War was pretty bloody and a lot of men received bloody wounds and died from their wounds. I feel that we should add that system. So for example, a man gets shot and he doesn't get any medical treatment soon, it's gets gangrenous and he dies from his wounds. This would be pretty realistic.

Patrick Kurtz
01-06-2016, 02:24 AM
Hey, I think some of your question may have already been answered here in regard to on field injury.

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?818-Medic-system-and-gore

thomas aagaard
01-06-2016, 03:48 AM
diseases and infections are pretty irrelevant to a battle that only lasted a day.

PvtPalmer11pvi
01-06-2016, 10:34 AM
In most wars, some men die due to diseases or infections due to their wounds. The Civil War was pretty bloody and a lot of men received bloody wounds and died from their wounds. I feel that we should add that system. So for example, a man gets shot and he doesn't get any medical treatment soon, it's gets gangrenous and he dies from his wounds. This would be pretty realistic.

While this seems like a very interesting idea it's kind of irrelevant. With the battles of the Maryland Campaign being just one day (besides from Harpers Ferry). I can picture I soldier taking a shot in the arm but die from infection before the game ends. Also remember most infections didn't occur in the fields but in the field hospitals.

R21
01-06-2016, 06:37 PM
I can only see something like this being hinted at in-Game, like an aid station with wounded player models and the like.

The only other way I could see it being implemented would be in a Campaign mode (like after a battle stats about casualties including this kind of stuff) that could effect an Armies over-all Morale. All hypothetical, like if Morale was a stat that somehow affected Game-play (like you have manpower in RO2' Campaign mode)

Example :: Heavy casualties sustained and high infection stats due to the extent of the Wounds received :: Blow to that armies Morale which then effects stats in the next Game (like a cap on Reload speed of troops, or even just troops in a regiment that sustained heavy casualties in the previous Battle).

Here's a really bad mock-up of what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/ycnY3nK.jpg

Those paint Skillz.

A. P. Hill
01-06-2016, 07:01 PM
diseases and infections are pretty irrelevant to a battle that only lasted a day.

On the contrary.

EVERY battle contained its fair share of lead poisoning. ;)

thomas aagaard
01-07-2016, 07:21 AM
:-)
Good one.

Henronicus
01-07-2016, 11:06 PM
well It could be kinda interesting to have a random chance to have your character spawn in with a pre-existing illness, hindering his performance in battle slightly. This should, of course, be included in server options so it can be turned on or off though. But it would be realistic if you were playing as a character who was still getting over a cold or fever every once in a while.

Willie Fisterbottom
01-07-2016, 11:53 PM
well It could be kinda interesting to have a random chance to have your character spawn in with a pre-existing illness, hindering his performance in battle slightly. This should, of course, be included in server options so it can be turned on or off though. But it would be realistic if you were playing as a character who was still getting over a cold or fever every once in a while.

That sounds like the most annoying feature i've ever heard of. Lol if i spawned with an "illness" and i was at a disadvantage id just kill my self and hope to be more lucky next spawn.

Henronicus
01-10-2016, 12:01 AM
It's not meant to be fun. It's meant to be realistic. Also, I didn't mean for it to be too common, like if you played every day for 3-4 hours, you'd maybe have it happen at most once every 2-3 days. It's not a necessary thing to add though, and would just serve as a realistic aspect.

Willie Fisterbottom
01-10-2016, 12:30 AM
It's not meant to be fun. It's meant to be realistic. Also, I didn't mean for it to be too common, like if you played every day for 3-4 hours, you'd maybe have it happen at most once every 2-3 days. It's not a necessary thing to add though, and would just serve as a realistic aspect.

I'm sorry, but this is a video game its meant to be fun.

Henronicus
01-10-2016, 01:49 AM
Fair enough, but this is a thread about disease and infections, which really only(to my knowledge) could be implemented into the game through the way I stated. No matter how it would be implemented if it was, it wouldn't really make the game fun. I was just trying to put the original idea into a possibly usable form. And by the way, not every game is meant to be fun. Granted, most try to compromise between realism and fun, but I'm pretty sure the devs for WOR are leaning slightly towards realism, so If you want fun you might be disappointed with some things(which things, I couldn't tell you) but at this point really I'm under the assumption that it's pretty much entirely up to the devs to include any ideas or not.