PDA

View Full Version : Wind/Grass

rebeldestroyer
01-10-2016, 08:06 PM
Will wind play a factor in ballistics? If so I think it would be a great feature if sharpshooters/Skirms could throw grass up or something like that to see the direction and strength of the wind.

Jeffrey Miller
01-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Agreed, that would be great but seeing what way the wind blows the grass on the field or the tree limbs/leaves would also work.

rebeldestroyer
01-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Yea that would work too

R21
01-10-2016, 10:26 PM
I think that might be a bit too in-depth, if they implement Windage it'll probably be some UI indicator telling you which way it's blowing (But I get the feeling they will only implement Bullet drop) though it would be a really nice touch if Foliage/smoke from Fires blew the way it was actually blowing.

SemajRednaxela
01-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Could be good for arty too. Though obviously only applicable for long range shooting.... 500m +

Though random wind or customisable wind types should be in the game. It'll make line engagement much more immersive. And if they implement officers on horseback then they'll have the advantage of a better field of view.

TrustyJam
01-10-2016, 11:01 PM
I think that might be a bit too in-depth, if they implement Windage it'll probably be some UI indicator telling you which way it's blowing (But I get the feeling they will only implement Bullet drop) though it would be a really nice touch if Foliage/smoke from Fires blew the way it was actually blowing.

Foliage and smoke do indeed follow the the direction the wind is blowing.

- Trusty

SHoGUN
01-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Foliage and smoke do indeed follow the the direction the wind is blowing.

- Trusty

Wow! That is bloody impressive O.O God I can't wait for this game to be released. I would guess that bullets effected by wind would be in another boat, and just become far too technical to pull off.. but who knows what magic these guys can pull off

William Bowen
01-11-2016, 02:34 AM
I think that would take way to long to make and in order to play you would have to have 8 fingers on each hand

rebeldestroyer
01-11-2016, 02:59 AM
why would you need 8 fingers on each hand to maybe press a button to see the direction of the wind and use the mouse to adjust your aim

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Why it have to be a button? look to the color bearer then you can see how the wind blows

David Dire
01-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Why it have to be a button? look to the color bearer then you can see how the wind blows

And trees/falling leaves too, I assume. That's actually quite clever.

Landree
01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Windage may be a bit too much for the game, but if they decide to implement it, that'd be pretty cool.

SemajRednaxela
01-11-2016, 01:56 PM

Massive yes.