PDA

View Full Version : Animation Personalities

Malanta
01-11-2016, 06:17 AM
I'm always bad with forums, more so with ideas
Whenever I think of an idea and post it (I usually do search around a little, but I'd admit I am pretty bad with it.) Someone posted an idea like it. So I embarrass myself (and most of the time never come back to that forum again)

However now I feel it's different (since it's a smaller community and such) and I'd like to throw my idea in the bin.

So character customization in this game is purely cosmetic and not beneficial right, which gets us a nice sense of "that's me on the field" instead of "that's someone else I'm controlling that isn't me" I see a few people do that for role-play aspect but I'm more of the "that's me" person.

_____________Idea_______________

What I have in mind is some sort of personality control in the character customization, While in stance, running, dying, crouching, or even surrendering (if that does happen) this wouldn't affect anything game-play wise but it would affect your character's animations while preforming this tasks.

So if someone had an arrogant personality they would have a sort of outward chest appearance, or if you had the regular soldier look you would preform the actions like in the videos. Even maybe a cowardly personality might work in which your character seems in fear.

Landree
01-11-2016, 02:35 PM
The major problem with this is the large amount of work that goes into animation. People usually don't know how tedious, time consuming, and difficult it is to animate in a video game.

While it sounds great and I'd love to have the options myself, I just don't see it as realistic given the size of the dev team and the amount of work they already have to do.

R21
01-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Yeh, I was going to suggest Character models with different heights (might already be in, i'm not sure) but I think this raises the same issue with Animations.

Gandalf
01-11-2016, 10:00 PM
While it sounds great and I'd love to have the options myself, I just don't see it as realistic given the size of the dev team and the amount of work they already have to do.
I agree. One of the poll choices does say "maybe if it's expanded." Perhaps this is something that could be added in at a later time, as its not something necessary to gameplay, just adds to the realistic feel.