PDA

View Full Version : Questions From Company Commanders to the Devs about the game.

crazychester1247
01-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Hello and welcome, I started this thread so company commanders like myself can ask the Devs questions regarding features in the game to better prepare ourselves and our companies.
I understand that the game is unreleased and that everything is either bound to change or undecided but please brace yourselves for the short barrage of questions to follow.

Will cavalry and Artillery use Guidon's instead of regular flags?

Will cavalry use carbines or revolvers?

Will their be in game voice chat?

Will flags be customizable?

How will you distribute cannons?

What is the limit of NCOs per company

If anyone else has questions feel free to post them here.

David Dire
01-11-2016, 02:20 PM
The devs are going for as much realism as possible, so most of these questions can probably be answered by just researching how they were in the actual civil war.

Morgan
01-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Shake did a Q & A with the developers. I definitely know they discussed in game voice chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNh0brzii7s

crazychester1247
01-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info and I know the guidons and weapons are accurate though I have no idea how they'll decide how many guns a battery gets.

A. P. Hill
01-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info and I know the guidons and weapons are accurate though I have no idea how they'll decide how many guns a battery gets.

With the promise of realism, expect full batteries. Mostly 6 guns for the north and anywhere from 4 to 6 for the south, BUT, ya gotta have a artillery battery full of players. ;)

crazychester1247
01-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I think it's a good thing that we won't be seeing everybody running around with 20 cannons and 10 guys to man them.:)

Oh, wait. I forgot a very important question. Especially for cavalry companies. Will cavalry be able to dismount. I know the answers probably yes but I need to know because of how I'm planing on using my company.