PDA

View Full Version : 2nd U.S. Cavalry Regiment - A Company

Brown
01-13-2016, 04:20 AM
Recruitment is open for A Company(Apache)!

How to enlist!

Submit an application https://www.cognitoforms.com/WarOfRightsGameClan/_2ndUSCavalryRegiment

Join our steam group "2nd U.S. Cavalry Regiment" or http://steamcommunity.com/groups/2uscr

No experience needed! We will make you into a trooper!

History of the current Colonel of the Regiment

My name is Brown, I actually served with 2nd Cavalry Regiment(Stryker) in Vilseck, Germany from 2011-2014. Deployed with 2CR 2013-2014 to Afghanistan as a team leader. Yes, we wore stetson's ($150 for a hat with pins and cord, total $175) only Fridays and special events or wearing it around the barracks in underwear if your drunk. I did earn my gold(combat) spurs not silver(Spur ride). I'm also member of 2d Cavalry Association. I do have experience being in a cavalry unit, leadership, and traditions...it's not bad! Always Ready!

The Birth of the Regiment

To respond to the increasing trouble in Florida during the Second Seminole War, President
Andrew Jackson issued an executive order 23 May 1836 forming the Second Regiment of
Dragoons. Congress appropriated $300,000 for the Regiment, and the headquarters were
established in June 1836 in Washington, DC.

Colonel David Emmanuel Twiggs was the First Colonel of the Regiment. Nicknamed "Old
Davey" or the "Bengal Tiger," his troops claimed that he could "curse them right out of their
boots." Lieutenant Colonel William Selby Harney was second in command, and later became
the Second Colonel of the Regiment. His temper was as fiery as his flaming red hair, and
although brutal on the field of battle, his imaginative and conscientious leadership helped to
shape the character of the Regiment. Twiggs and Harney set the initial tone of the Regiment and
fostered many of its enduring qualities.

Recruiting began immediately. Companies A and I were organized in the Fort Myer Virginia
area. Company B obtained recruits in Virginia and Louisiana, Harney‟s home state, while
Company C recruited from Tennessee. Companies B and C were not listed on the Regiment‟s
active returns until April 1837. Company D was organized from a detachment of the First
Dragoons in Florida and saw service there immediately. Companies E, F, G, and H recruited
mostly from New York, and Company K was recruited from New Orleans and activated in
March 1837.

In April 1837, the Regimental headquarters was moved to Jefferson Barracks, Missouri, where a
“School of the Trooper” was organized for the remaining companies, numbering over 400 new
recruits. The new troopers were excited to get their training under way. As fast as the “green”
horses were received they were introduced to their new riders, equally “green” at horsemanship.
It was said that their “ambitious mounting in hot haste” frequently resulted in their immediate
dismounting. Veterans noted that their “quickness of time and variety of motions” were
unparalleled in mounted tactics.

Nick Name

Second Dragoons

Motto

Toujours Prêt (Always Ready)

Crest & Coats of Arms

Ranks

ENLISTED:
PRIVATE(PVT)

NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS:
CORPORAL(CPL)
SERGEANT(SGT)
FIRST SERGEANT(1SG)
SERGEANT MAJOR(SGM) - REGIMENTAL SGM

COMMISSIONED OFFICERS:
CAPTAIN(CPT)
MAJOR(MAJ)
LEUTENANT COLONEL(LTC)
COLONEL(COL) - REGIMENTAL COMMANDER

Expectations in the regiment

-Be polite to everyone
-Always remember your regiment
-Be a leader, lead by example
-Be at the right place, right time and right uniform
-When in doubt, ask!
-Relax! Remember it's just a game!

Current Structure

Regimental Staff

Regimental Commander: COL Brown
Regimental XO:
Regimental CSGM:

Apache Company

Troop Commander: CPT Morgan
XO:
Troop 1SG:

*(Rank TBA)

JaegerCoyote
01-13-2016, 06:12 AM
Hi and Welcome

Morgan
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Welcome Brown, thank you for your service. I am quite torn as to which type of company I want to join though you have piqued my interest as I have been leaning towards either cavalry or artillery.

Brown
01-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Welcome Brown, thank you for your service. I am quite torn as to which type of company I want to join though you have piqued my interest as I have been leaning towards either cavalry or artillery.

Well sir, you can do both. Horse artillery

Morgan
01-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Well sir, you can do both. Horse artillery

Yes sir that is true.

crazychester1247
01-13-2016, 03:14 PM
Good luck from the 1st U.S Cavalry!

Brown
01-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Hi and Welcome

Hi and thank you!

Brown
01-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Good luck from the 1st U.S Cavalry!

Thank you good sir! As to you also!

Morgan
01-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Reporting for duty!

Joined steam group and sent PM.

CaveBear911
03-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Hi
Reporting for duty.
Joined steam group and sent app.

Sir Doctor Professor
04-17-2016, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the War of Rights community from the 68th New York.

twins1215
04-10-2017, 08:14 PM
I have created a group for the U.S. Regulars on the forum. Please consider joining up!

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=150

Kyle Bachofer
04-23-2017, 04:02 AM
Hello there, I am looking to join a regiment and i am ready to put in my pledge. Is it possible for us to get in contact so I can see if this is exactly what i would like to do and work out the fine details?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198173437033/
thank you very much,
Kyle Bachofer