PDA

View Full Version : Units uniforms outside antietam

Pvt.Scott
01-20-2016, 10:54 PM
I heard this in a field report I think and it said that the game would latter support adding companies outside Antietam. Could we customize uniforms in some shape or way? Like having a Zouave unit or just plain Infantry. Or can we customize what our uniforms look like with hats or pants and shirts.
It would be cool to have this.

JaegerCoyote
01-21-2016, 12:14 AM
They could have the option of modifying the hat, for units like if someone wanted to be the 1st Nebraska Infantry, Company C, then they can have unit designation on the hats with the unit and company.

Bravescot
01-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Well obviously they'd have uniforms from outside of Antietam.....there were more battles in the Maryland Campaign then just Antietam.

55thNY Col J-Man11
01-21-2016, 10:29 PM
can u add the 55thNY :)

Bravescot
01-21-2016, 10:35 PM
can u add the 55thNY :)

I don't believe they were in the Maryland Campaign so the answer would be no.

A. P. Hill
01-21-2016, 10:57 PM
I don't get it. All these people asking for custom uniforms.

The American Civil War was nothing like the early wars on the European continent. Both armies during the ACW were pretty much boring ... you either wore union blues, or you wore whatever you could get your hands on if you were a rebel. But mostly gray, or butternut, or some borrowed union blue.

There were no fancy custom uniforms. No glitter, no gloss. Just plain wool either in blue or gray.

Pvt.Scott
01-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Well yeah but im not expecting to have so much customization, like im just wondering if we can change our hats or something. I don't want full customization like having a full gold uniforms in a battle. I would be fine if you could change your unit like being a Zuoave or a regular infantry unit. I wouldn't like it if we had that much. I don't want to see a full camo unit breaking every law of time at once.

55thNY Col J-Man11
02-04-2016, 02:38 AM
Left New York for Washington, D.C., August 31, 1861. Duty at Fort Gaines, Md., September and October 1861. Duty in the defenses of Washington, D.C., until March 1862. Marched to Prospect Hill, Va., March 11–15. Moved to the Peninsula, Virginia, March 28. Siege of Yorktown April 5–May 4. Battle of Williamsburg May 5. Operations about Bottom's Bridge May 20–23. Battle of Seven Pines May 31 – June 1. Seven days before Richmond June 25 – July 1. Malvern Hill July 1. At Harrison's Landing until August 16. Movement to Fort Monroe, then to Centreville August 16–29. Duty in the defenses of Washington until October. Movement to Falmouth, Va., October–November. Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12–15.

It was in the Maryland campaign smart one, read up on my regiment..
+@#Bravescot

CjkCJkCjk
02-04-2016, 04:16 AM
the 55th did not serve at antietam or the maryland campaign
Evidence
The IV Corps, Army of the Potomac, was created on March 13, 1862, and placed under the command of Erasmus D. Keyes, who had commanded a brigade at First Bull Run. It consisted initially of three divisions, under Darius N. Couch, Silas Casey, and William F. “Baldy” Smith. Couch's division was transferred to join VI Corps during the Antietam Campaign and remained with them for the duration of the war. The corps' peak strength (in early 1862) was 37,000 men.

2nd Brigade, 1st Division, IV Corps, Army of the Potomac, to September 1862. The 55th New York Infantry ceased to exist on December 21, 1862 when it was consolidated with the 38th New York Infantry as Companies G, H, I, and K.

(wikipedia)

and also george Crecy's post

"On the Union side, McClellan had an excellent opportunity, with Franklin's IV Corps, Porter's V Corps, and the whole cavalry division fresh and ready, but instead ordered the division of fallen Richardson to hold their position."

Johnnyboy
02-04-2016, 04:52 AM
Left New York for Washington, D.C., August 31, 1861. Duty at Fort Gaines, Md., September and October 1861. Duty in the defenses of Washington, D.C., until March 1862. Marched to Prospect Hill, Va., March 11–15. Moved to the Peninsula, Virginia, March 28. Siege of Yorktown April 5–May 4. Battle of Williamsburg May 5. Operations about Bottom's Bridge May 20–23. Battle of Seven Pines May 31 – June 1. Seven days before Richmond June 25 – July 1. Malvern Hill July 1. At Harrison's Landing until August 16. Movement to Fort Monroe, then to Centreville August 16–29. Duty in the defenses of Washington until October. Movement to Falmouth, Va., October–November. Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12–15.

+@#Bravescot
Battle of Fredericksburg wasn't apart of the Maryland Campaign as it was in December 1862, where the Maryland Campaign was from September 4th-20th 1862. So you are wrong, and it will also be nice if you got off your high horse "Colonel".

Bravescot
02-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Battle of Fredericksburg wasn't apart of the Maryland Campaign as it was in December 1862, where the Maryland Campaign was from September 4th-20th 1862. So you are wrong, and it will also be nice if you got off your high horse "Colonel".

Thank you Johnnyboy. Next time J-Mann I suggest you just accept that the person telling you that they were not there is right.

crazychester1247
02-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Well yeah but im not expecting to have so much customization, like im just wondering if we can change our hats or something. I don't want full customization like having a full gold uniforms in a battle. I would be fine if you could change your unit like being a Zuoave or a regular infantry unit. I wouldn't like it if we had that much. I don't want to see a full camo unit breaking every law of time at once.

Agreed it would be nice to have some customization, but not to much to take away the original uniforms feel. I like the civil war uniforms anyway due to the fact that there so basic. However as I said bofore it would be nice to have some customization to make our uniforms match our company for instance by changing the letters and numbers on uniforms, adding bucktails on kepis, secondary color changes (for instance dragoons were given orange shoulder straps instead of yellow), and a few other small things.

That and of course thiers going to be uniforms from different battles, I thought the devs said they'll be adding more campaigns once the Maryland campaign is finished.

Void
02-15-2016, 12:57 PM

+@#Bravescot

If the devs took the time to read through every regimental history posting, then they would never have time to work on War of Rights :o

Longstreet
03-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't get it. All these people asking for custom uniforms.

The American Civil War was nothing like the early wars on the European continent. Both armies during the ACW were pretty much boring ... you either wore union blues, or you wore whatever you could get your hands on if you were a rebel. But mostly gray, or butternut, or some borrowed union blue.

There were no fancy custom uniforms. No glitter, no gloss. Just plain wool either in blue or gray.
While in many cases what you wrote is true, this statement is still far from the whole truth. The Union in particular had tons of uniform variations for the different Corps and Brigade organizations. The differences in uniform may not have been as exaggerated as in the Napoleonic era, but differences did exist. Particularly in the Eastern theater, a lot of troops had special uniforms to instill unit pride. The following picture is just a small example of that.

I understand that it would be impossible for the Devs to make every uniform used in the course of the war available, but differing uniform options will certainly make the game more enjoyable in the long run. I myself am very happy to see that the Iron Brigade uniform will be usable in the game, it's one of my favorites.

crazychester1247
03-10-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't want stupid looking Napoleonic uniforms. I just want to be able to shange small things. Secondary color, badges, pins ect... even then it's mostly for accuracy. If I was running around in a 1st Alabama Company B uniform as the 11th Alabama Company D and all the badges said I was 1st Alabama company B that would break immersion all the time.

Pepper
03-13-2016, 05:20 PM
58th New York please :rolleyes:

http://civilwartalk.com/attachments/polish-jpg.37366/

A. P. Hill
03-13-2016, 05:52 PM
That's a strange place for a cheese box. :D

JaegerCoyote
03-13-2016, 07:54 PM
58th New York please :rolleyes:

http://civilwartalk.com/attachments/polish-jpg.37366/

They were in the XI Corps uring Maryland Campaign