PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Soldiers??

Colonel P. R. Page
01-25-2016, 03:03 AM
After a while soldiers on campaign would get absolutely filthy during a campaign.

I remember reading what a woman from Frederick Maryland said about the passing soldiers from the Stonewall Brigade.

She described them as..."Those poor filthy creatures...."

Why not add this?

stuka
01-25-2016, 04:04 AM
Well if this game has a sort of leveling system similar to red orchestra than we could see something like that.

That said, I am still not sure if they are doing anything like that and if there is no leveling then I am unsure how they would add this with the exception of certain elements adding dirt or whatever to the soldier during the battle per life.

Example would be firing or being around a lot of fired muskets would get you a little dirty, being near explosions or otherwise artillery hits would surly throw dirt into the air. Bayonet fighting could add blood, it would depend on how they would want to do it.

Henronicus
01-25-2016, 04:44 AM
I think first of all it should be customizable for how dirty your character starts out as in the character creator, and then as the battle progresses, sweat, dirt, and blood will get on your soldier(more if he started out with some). It's certainly doable in a game, as if you've played any of the recent Madden video games(don't buy them and feed the greedy monster known as EA) players will pick up grass stains as the game progresses, while they start out clean as a whistle.

Mississippi
01-25-2016, 04:56 AM
It would be cool if they had some soldiers dirtier than others and maybe some without shoes also.

Colonel P. R. Page
01-25-2016, 05:10 PM
It would be cool if they had some soldiers dirtier than others and maybe some without shoes also.

Shoeless Confederates!
I think all of this should be in the character creator if there is one.

R21
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
I'd like to see this and not necessarily attached to any levelling system, just have it randomised or slightly customisable. Would be great if like mentioned your character got dirtier looking over time and would continue to look this way even after you respawned.

Like Near misses from bullets/Artillery kicking up dirt and prologned movement adding to it. They can do it with the Weapons so it'd also be a good feature for Characters aswell.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-26-2016, 06:12 PM
I think when you live longer, shoot more, run more through the dust of the streets you get dirtier but if you respawn you look like new born :)

stuka
01-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Yeah I don't think starting off dirty via customization makes sense, at most you might get dirt on your boots from marching and what not but since they are initially putting in a very early campaign I am sure that in the beginning many were not pristine but fairly clean either due to just that you had lots of early recruits coming in or for the simple fact of things were more likely to be more enforced early on compared to later on and I am sure cleanliness would have been on of those things.

SemajRednaxela
01-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Dirt etc should be accrued throughout the game. I respective of deaths etc. Other than this it should be attributed to changes in weather.

If you have it as a character customisable option, then you'll end up with some people having out of place attritional details that don't correspond to the rest of the company.

I do however fully support mud, dirt, and gore etc over the course of a game (graphical limits depending).

Colonel P. R. Page
01-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Could somebody ask if that's in the character creator?

R21
01-27-2016, 01:59 AM
Dirt etc should be accrued throughout the game. I respective of deaths etc. Other than this it should be attributed to changes in weather.

Agree, if it reset every time a Player respawned, unless it was highly exaggerated it wouldn't be all that noitceable. If it slowly accrued over the course of players lives over an entire Game it'd give kind of a feeling of progress to the Battles.

And like you say, if it was just a customisable detail at the start you'd just have a Mish mash of looks that wouldn't make sense.

RhettVito
01-29-2016, 08:31 PM
After a while soldiers on campaign would get absolutely filthy during a campaign.

I remember reading what a woman from Frederick Maryland said about the passing soldiers from the Stonewall Brigade.

She described them as..."Those poor filthy creatures...."

Why not add this?

"Mystery" jacket AKA Western Depo 1862
Elijah Woodward of the 9th Ky. Inf. was reported as a deserter.

The coat has 2 interior pockets set into the Osnaburg lining. The sleeve lining is hand set. The front of the body is curved.
It is cut straight across the back. It has one piece sleeves.
5 button front.
The button holes are hand sewn.

Challis89
01-30-2016, 09:20 PM
I think this is a great idea showing wear and tear the more battles you fight and give that ragged veteran look. Also think it would be cool to see blood and mud hit the jacket during battle. Be nice to also get the option to receive a new jacket after a battle from the no longer needed supply.

Jetcutter
01-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Worn equipment ,would look cool/ authentic.

Colonel P. R. Page
02-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Yes I agree.

And something else has been bothering me.

Will there be different hair styles?

It would be very weird to see soldiers with short hair like in the screen shots.

Zoranny
02-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Yes I agree.

It would be very weird to see soldiers with short hair like in the screen shots.

We saw different hair colors, different berads, I have no doubt that in the final game there'll be different hairstyles to choose between. :)

Rithal
02-04-2016, 03:31 AM
Yes I agree.

It seems that the developers are going to try and give us as much customization as possible without going too overboard, so I would say different hairstyles will most certainly appear in the game. :D