PDA

View Full Version : 1st LA Zouave Battalion Co. B - "Louisiana Tigers"

Legion
02-10-2016, 05:25 AM
Want to be the best? Fight with the Tigers!!!

Now Recruiting, Join Today!
http://i.imgur.com/Q8PyFr8.png

Unit History
The First Louisiana Zouaves were organized and trained for twelve months on March 27, 1861. The unit fought in many major battles throughout 1861-62, following the battle of Sharpsburg, the battalion was so reduced in strength that they were reorganized as regulars in Confederate service. The initial enrollment of the battalion's six companies was 616 officers and men, of these 52 were killed in battle, 26 died of disease, and 2 died accidentally. The actions of the Zouaves on and off the battlefield led to their being referred to as Jeff Davis' Pet Wolves, and ultimately to all Louisiana soldiers eventually being called "Tigers."

"Jefferson Davis himself gave Gaston Coppens his commission as a Lieutenant Colonel, as well as permission to form the Zouave battalion. As a disciplinarian and organizer, Coppens would fail miserably, but on the battlefield leading his men, he excelled. Coppens used his position and influence to grant some of his family members positions within his unit. His younger brother, Marie Alfred, commanded Company F, and eventually would take over the battalion. Leon, another brother, was a sergeant, and his father, Baron August De Coppens served as quartermaster for much of the war. While family members received some favoritism, Coppens was savvy enough to find and recruit officers into his staff with experience in either the state militia or in European armies. Most notable was his second-in-command Major Waldemar Hylsted, from Switzerland, who served with the United States in the Mexican War, the French Army in the Crimean War, and as a Captain in the Danish Army. Also of note were Fulgence de Bordenave, a French officer with Algerian and Crimean War experience, who spoke no English, and commanded Company B, and Paul F. DeGournay, commanding Company E, who served as an officer in the Louisiana Militia's Battalion d'Artillery d'Orleans."

In the Antietam Campaign:
"The Battle of Shaprsburg began at first light with Federal artillery firing on the brigades of Douglass, Trimble, and Hays. The Second Louisiana Brigade held its reserve position, until finally called upon to help repel the assault of General Hooker's Division. Starke's men came down the west side of the sunken road, through a small patch of woods, and crashed headlong into the attacking Federals. General Starke fell dead, pierced by three balls, as both sides unleashed tremendous volleys into each other. It was once again the tough western regiments of the Iron Brigade that the Louisianians battled in the West Woods and along the Hagerstown Pike this day. Although their stand was defiant, the overwhelming pressure of the Union numbers forced the Brigade to fall back to new positions near the Dunker Church where the remained for the remainder of the battle. The Zouave Battalion which had marched so proudly out of New Orleans with 600 men, now presented only 12 men present for duty. As the lists of the casualties from the bloodiest day in American history were compiled, the name of Lieutenant Colonel Gaston Coppens was numbered with the dead. Marie Alfred Coppens was to remain in command of the Zouaves as the retreat south began."

Company Role
The company will predominantly be an infantry unit, but we will also train in light infantry tactics and maybe even artillery. Sharpshooting will not be our role in game but we will pride ourselves with being expert marksmen. As the unit grows we will add more companies and will eventually add an artillery unit (Co. E Heavy Artillery.) We aim to be an elite unit and will train hard to attain that status. We will take missions that are too dangerous for most men and do what few have done. We will win honor and glory on the field of battle. We will be the envy of our southern brothers and will instill terror in the yankees.

Rank & Roles

-ENLISTED-

Recruit:
This is the bottom of the totem pole, all he has to do is follow orders. The Recruit will be trained in basic drill and marksmanship skills so that he will be able to work in the unit and be decent in combat. He should be able to follow simple commands and be accurate at ranges of around 50-75 yards. He must go through basic combat training in order to advance to Private.

Private:
The Private is the next step up the pole, he has proven that he is capable in combat and following orders. He is proficient in drill and basic marksmanship. He will now move onto more advanced training in drill and marksmanship, once he completes his training he should know most of the commands and be able to hit targets at ranges of around 100-200 yards.

-NCO's-

2356 Corporal:

The Corporal is to be an example to their juniors in how they should act and compose themselves, He will help keep formation in combat and help to maintain a proper line. They should conduct themselves honorably and be respectful to others. They must have some level of leadership skill and be capable of commanding men on the battlefield. They are to be expert marksman and should be able to hit targets out to 300-500 yards. They need to be brave and level headed in combat, they should never panic.

2355 Sergeant:

The Sergeant is the Bull of the unit, he is to be stern but fair. He will be responsible for disciplining the men and training them to the highest level possible. He must have good leadership skills and be excellent in drill and marksmanship. He will be responsible for 1 section of the company. He will also be responsible in helping guide troop movements and keeping the men in order.

2352 1st Sergeant

The 1st Sergeant will be the first to take command if all the officers are killed. He must be a leader and be capable of commanding large groups of men. He is to meet the needs of the men below him, and make sure that they are being trained properly. It is his job to take after action reports, and to make sure that the men maintain a good standard of readiness. He will also be the main recruiter for the company.

-OFFICERS-

2354 2nd Lieutenant:

The 2nd Lieutenant is the junior of the officers. He will be in command of one platoon. He will help the senior officers with selecting men for promotion and managing men in the company. He will help schedule and organize events and training. He will need to know how to lead men in combat and be a decent strategist. He needs to know how to do things by the book but should also know how to improvise when the situation dictates.

2353 1st Lieutenant:

The 1st Lieutenant's role is similar to the 2nd Lieutenant, He will be responsible for the other platoon. He will be responsible for screening the men to see who is ready for promotion and who is capable for leadership positions.

2351 Captain:

The Captain is the head of the company, it is his job to lead them men into combat. He is responsible for every man below him; the well being of the company rest on his shoulders. He must make sure that every man below him is doing their job and preforming adequately. He must be competent in all roles below him.

Uniforms
Coppens Zouaves were merged with Wheats Tigers after the battle of Gaines mill, Coppens Zouaves had a more traditional Zouave uniform compared to the Tiger Rifles, men will have a choice in which uniform to wear if they add Coppens uniform to the game, if not then we will stick with the Tiger Rifles uniform shown in the picture above. Coppens uniform is shown below.

http://www.cowanauctions.com/itemImages/d4245.jpg
Below is a picture of the Tigers rifles uniform with the stripe pants, and coppens zouaves with the red pants and yellow trim.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kFtBtr9ietw/UQeXsKTgi0I/AAAAAAAAB14/OSCf3o9oNQE/s1600/20130129Nicholls6.jpg

Code Of Conduct
1. Every member of the company will be expected to conduct themselves in an honorable manner and treat others with kindness and respect at all times in every circumstance. Trolling, racism, griefing, and discrimination will not be tolerated. Repeated offenses will result in the offender being removed from the company.
2. Respect of Senior Officers is required during battles/events. Men must not question orders during battle/event, men will have an opportunity to discuss their concerns and criticisms during training. During battle men are expected to listen only speak when given permission. Men will have a chance to let loose and cut-up but during battle they will be required to act appropriately.
3. Attendance to training and events is highly encouraged in order to get the most out of the company, we understand that people have lives and can't always attend so we will not count lack of attendance against you, however we will require you to complete basic training in order be promoted.

Enlistment Application
Post your answers to the questions below or fill out the application on the steam group

Anyone can join, there is no age restrictions and it doesn't matter what country your located in.

1. Steam Name
2. Age
3. Country
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last).
5. Experience/Qualifications
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities
7. Do you have a mic

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/1st_LA_Zouaves

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012600268/

Company Tool: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=180#companyToolHeader

Legion
02-10-2016, 05:26 AM
Company B

~Officers~

Cpt_Jesse Crosby
1st Lt_Jack Rain
2nd Lt_Chad Crowe
(3rd) 2nd Lt_Robert Fleming

NCO's

1st Sgt_Hamilton Bacon
(2nd) Sgt_Frederick Lincoln
(3rd) Sgt_
(4th) Sgt_
(5th) Sgt_

(1st) Cpl_Christoph MacScotdaigh
(2nd) Cpl_Fewald T. Cuffsington
(3rd) Cpl_Uglicious Moose
(4th) Cpl_Sir Mallard Dillard
(5th) Cpl_
(6th) Cpl_
(7th) Cpl_
(8th) Cpl_

~Enlisted~

Pvt_Eugène Richmond
Pvt_Harry
Pvt_Randall Shughart
Pvt_J.E.B Edwards
Pvt_Zachary Wooller
Pvt_Gunther Schulz
Pvt_Peter Phan
Pvt_Ceslaus Czajkowski
Pvt_David Anderson
Pvt_Jebidiah Campbell
Pvt_Everrtt Sharp
Pvt_William
Pvt_Thomas Dressler
Pvt_Edwin Theodore
Pvt_
Pvt_

Rct_
Rct_
Rct_
Rct_
Rct_

A. P. Hill
02-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA! !

Mississippi
02-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

RhettVito
02-24-2016, 12:35 AM
Good Luck Tigers !

Diversey
02-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Good luck boys, hope to see you on the battlefield.

MacMillan
02-24-2016, 09:33 AM
The First Battalion of Virginian Regulars salutes you boys. We wish you the best of luck in the coming war - give em' hell Louisiana!

Godspeed,

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/BWToombs/grantbdy_zpsemjbpncl.png

2nd Lieutenant Charles MacMillan
Charlie Company, First Platoon
1st Battalion Virginia Regulars

RhettVito
02-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Bump from the 23rdNC

Legion
02-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Updated. Join now

dannycalifornia
03-08-2016, 11:56 PM
Congratulations Legion! Here is my appliaction

1. Steam Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/billybobg
2. Age: 19
3. Country: Amsterdam, Netherlands (I've also live in Norway and USA for a few years)
4. Name you would like to use in the company: Preferably William
5. Experience/Qualifications: I'm very well read on history and historical facts and have a huge passion for this game.
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc: Whatever you think would fit me to be honest.

Again, thank you.

Legion
03-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Congratulations Legion! Here is my appliaction

1. Steam Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/billybobg
2. Age: 19
3. Country: Amsterdam, Netherlands (I've also live in Norway and USA for a few years)
4. Name you would like to use in the company: Preferably William
5. Experience/Qualifications: I'm very well read on history and historical facts and have a huge passion for this game.
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc: Whatever you think would fit me to be honest.

Again, thank you.

Welcome to the company. I will review your info and place you on the roster soon.

TeteRex
03-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Huzzah for the Louisiana Tigers! Good Luck!

Legion
03-10-2016, 05:50 PM
The 1st LA would like to welcome Chad Crowe, our new 1st Lt.

JG93
03-17-2016, 01:20 AM
hey guys, quick question. Looking for a company to play with when this games comes out. Had my heart set on a confederate zouave reg. You mentioned in your description that this regiments zouave uniform is an option in the game, correct? Also, will it be able to be customized to some degree like the other uniforms can be shuffled around a little. Tougher for a zouave uniform but say hat or back pack or whatever. You guys have any idea? Thanks. Also, how many guys are you up to in the company, what country are you out of, time zone you will be using. I've read through the site before, forgotten it all if it was mentioned. Also, I noticed that there is a Wheat's Tigers company created as well...have you spoken to them about merging or are they going to be a separate company in the same regiment?

Legion
03-17-2016, 02:11 AM
hey guys, quick question. Looking for a company to play with when this games comes out. Had my heart set on a confederate zouave reg. You mentioned in your description that this regiments zouave uniform is an option in the game, correct? Also, will it be able to be customized to some degree like the other uniforms can be shuffled around a little. Tougher for a zouave uniform but say hat or back pack or whatever. You guys have any idea? Thanks. Also, how many guys are you up to in the company, what country are you out of, time zone you will be using. I've read through the site before, forgotten it all if it was mentioned. Also, I noticed that there is a Wheat's Tigers company created as well...have you spoken to them about merging or are they going to be a separate company in the same regiment?

This company and the 5th are separate companies. The 5th is an infantry regiment in Hay's Brigade, the 1st LA Zouaves are a Zouave battalion in Starkes Brigade. The 5th wore regular confederate uniforms, The 1st LA Zouaves wore Zouave uniforms. Both brigades are known as Tigers so it can get confusing.
This company will allow for customization once they have it in game, but early on it will just be the Zouave uniform that they have, we will stick to the historical uniforms but we will allow whatever customization the devs put in game.
We only have three men in our company at the moment, I know it's small but we hope to grow as the game nears release, feel free to join if you like and please don't let our small size deter you.
If you have any other questions just ask.

Sincerely, Captain Jesse Crosby 1st LA Zouave Battalion Co. B

JG93
03-17-2016, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I'll will be following you guys closely. I won't be doing anything until the game is actually released. Then I will see how everything looks.

JG93
03-17-2016, 02:47 AM
What the hell makes them Zouaves then...I always thought they needed the uniform to be that. Figure I bring the conversation back to your page.

Legion
03-17-2016, 02:51 AM
What the hell makes them Zouaves then...I always thought they needed the uniform to be that. Figure I bring the conversation back to your page.

Lol, most of the time they just took the name zouave even if they didn't have a zouave style uniform. Zouaves were popular back then and people liked the idea, so companies started to form and call themselves zouaves.
Alot of them did have zouave uniforms but most of the time it was just individual companies that had them and not the whole regiment.

JG93
03-17-2016, 02:57 AM
Make sense, the 5th LA appeared to have their K company as Zouaves...or at least the name.

Legion
03-17-2016, 03:08 AM
Make sense, the 5th LA appeared to have their K company as Zouaves...or at least the name.

Probably just in name, but I'm not sure. The problem is that so much information about southern units/uniforms has been lost or destroyed so it makes it very hard to find out what their uniform looked like unless the unit was very popular (like the Tiger Rifles, or Coppens Zouaves)

Edit: found some interesting info from a book where a soldier from coppens talks of the uniform that they wore.

Nov. 1928 pg. 425 With the Louisiana by J.W. Minnich "De Gourney's Battalion was organized in New Orleans in March, 1861, as the fifth company of Coppens Battalion of Louisiana Zouaves, copied after the French "Zouave d' Afrique," and were quite the objects of interest and curiosity wherever we went or were seen during those early days. Only a year or so before Ellsworth's Zouaves had created a furore throughout the country in their parade from Chicago to New York and Boston-if not mistaken. Coppens determined to go Ellsworth one better by organizing a battalion on strictly French lines, a French corps in every detail. The official language was French, uniforms and all accouterments, from gaiters to skull caps with blue tassels and shaven forelock, and verry baggy trousers, veritable "red, white and blues," but the white was not conspicuous, only showing on the gaiters. Black shoes and leather leggings-yes, we were a sight and a wonder all along the route from Penscacola to Richmond and Yorktown..."

Legion
03-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Updated

tibu25
03-19-2016, 09:26 AM
1. Steam Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015108530
2. Age: 25
3. Country: Pecs, Hungary
4. Name you would like to use in the company: Frederick Lincoln
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc: Atm Sergeant and we will see. Now im the third officer of cavalry in 3pp and sergeant in other regiments.

Legion
03-19-2016, 10:00 AM
1. Steam Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015108530
2. Age: 25
3. Country: Pecs, Hungary
4. Name you would like to use in the company: Frederick Lincoln
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc: Atm Sergeant and we will see. Now im the third officer of cavalry in 3pp and sergeant in other regiments.

Welcome to the company.

JG93
03-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Do you know your anticipated drill times and event times yet?

Legion
03-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Do you know your anticipated drill times and event times yet?

I'm not quite sure yet. I was originally planning on having drill once the drill camp releases but I might start drill in N&S just to get the hang of things. I don't really play N&S or warband in general too much so thats why I was gonna wait

JG93
03-19-2016, 10:01 PM
No I didn't mean now. I was just wondering what times you were considering. I work second shift on a rotating schedule so my attendance will be sporadic.

Legion
03-19-2016, 10:16 PM
No I didn't mean now. I was just wondering what times you were considering. I work second shift on a rotating schedule so my attendance will be sporadic.

Ah I see, well no worries, I'll set up multiple training days and times so that we can try and accommodate everyone, just let me know what time is best for you and I'll see what I can do.

JG93
03-20-2016, 10:53 PM
I was looking in an old book I had laying around. Uniforms of the civil war (in color) by Philip haythornthwaite. In the book it actually shows drawings of the 1st battalion LA Zouaves. Looks similar to the traditional Zouave look. Solid red pants blue she'll jacket etc. different from wheats tigers look and the image on the first page. Is that what u were referring to when saying coppens Zouave uniforms? Might be best sticking with the wheats tigers look...look almost Union like in the original Zouave uniform.. Friendly fire. Wish I wasn't so lazy. I would figure out how to upload the photo.

JG93
03-20-2016, 11:04 PM
http://www.minecreek.info/american-uniforms/images/8863_27_55-1st-louisiana-confederate-zouaves.jpg

http://www.minecreek.info/american-uniforms/images/8863_27_54-6th-louisiana-tigers.jpg

Found the exact pictures online. Go figure. Buying books is over.

Legion
03-20-2016, 11:20 PM
I was looking in an old book I had laying around. Uniforms of the civil war (in color) by Philip haythornthwaite. In the book it actually shows drawings of the 1st battalion LA Zouaves. Looks similar to the traditional Zouave look. Solid red pants blue she'll jacket etc. different from wheats tigers look and the image on the first page. Is that what u were referring to when saying coppens Zouave uniforms? Might be best sticking with the wheats tigers look...look almost Union like in the original Zouave uniform.. Friendly fire. Wish I wasn't so lazy. I would figure out how to upload the photo.

Yes I was refering to Coppen's Zouaves, Coppens had the yellow trim on the jacket instead of the red of most northern zouave uniforms.
Also those pictures you posted aren't exactly correct, Coppens had yellow trim not red, and the Tiger Rifles didn't have red on their pants, people also debate on whether the jackets were dyed to brown

I have a photo of Coppens on the first page, he is the one sitting, his brother is standing next to him.
Also, the reason I have both uniforms posted is because the Tiger Rifles and Coppens were in the same battalion during the Maryland campaign

JG93
03-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Yup, you definitely covered all of that on the first page which I had already read but forgot never went and looked back at...hence why I must be a lowly private. Sounds good. Again, shame on me for not reading closer.

Legion
03-21-2016, 12:21 AM
Yup, you definitely covered all of that on the first page which I had already read but forgot never went and looked back at...hence why I must be a lowly private. Sounds good. Again, shame on me for not reading closer.

If you want to join just let me know. Also let me know what days and times are good for you, I will definitely have a training/events on Saturday and maybe sometime during the week, I don't play games on Sunday but I'll set up training/events on Sunday as well, for those of yall who do play.

JG93
03-21-2016, 12:42 AM
Ya I am thinking it over now. You are out of LA correct. What time zone is that? I am east coast and I notice u have members out of Europe. How will it all fit together in terms of time. I've no idea how far behind we are compared to them.

Legion
03-21-2016, 12:45 AM
Ya I am thinking it over now. You are out of LA correct. What time zone is that? I am east coast and I notice u have members out of Europe. How will it all fit together in terms of time. I've no idea how far behind we are compared to them.

I'm central time which is an hour behind you, I'm not sure how I'm gonna work it out with the EU players but we'll figure something out.

JG93
03-21-2016, 01:18 AM
Sent the PM with all the info...hopefully you got it.

Legion
03-21-2016, 01:34 AM
Sent the PM with all the info...hopefully you got it.

rgr, welcome to the company.:)

JG93
03-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Nice, Thanks.

RhettVito
03-26-2016, 08:57 AM
The correct historical nickname for Co.B is ''Tiger Rifles'' Not ''Louisiana Tigers'' If you want it changed a mod can do that for you.

. Also just to re point this out .The Zouave Battalion which had marched so proudly out of New Orleans with 600 men, now presented only 12 men present for duty. As the lists of the casualties from the bloodiest day in American history were compiled, the name of Lieutenant Colonel Gaston Coppens was numbered with the dead. Only 12 men well good luke you could be the most historical regiment number wise if you get 12 guys

Legion
03-26-2016, 04:32 PM
The correct historical nickname for Co.B is ''Tiger Rifles'' Not ''Louisiana Tigers'' If you want it changed a mod can do that for you.

. Also just to re point this out .The Zouave Battalion which had marched so proudly out of New Orleans with 600 men, now presented only 12 men present for duty. As the lists of the casualties from the bloodiest day in American history were compiled, the name of Lieutenant Colonel Gaston Coppens was numbered with the dead. Only 12 men well good luke you could be the most historical regiment number wise if you get 12 guys

It's not. The tiger rifles were the 1st la special battalion not 1sr la zouave battalion. I put Louisiana tigers because all Louisiana troops in the AnV were called tigers.

JG93
03-29-2016, 03:16 AM
So there is a C company of the same regiment now...I like it.

Diversey
03-29-2016, 04:46 AM
A company is best company. Someone needs to make one for a full package.

Legion
03-29-2016, 06:18 AM
A company is best company. Someone needs to make one for a full package.
It would be cool to have a full battalion. And we'll just have to see which company is the best;)

L0ve_Y0u
03-29-2016, 10:14 PM
Hello!
As i am very excited about this game i would like to enlist myself in an ambitious regiment..

1. Steam Name: L0ve_Y0u
2. Age: 18
3.Country: Austria (7 years of english classes though :confused: )
4.Name in Company: Christoph MacScotdaigh
5.Experience/Qualifications: Mount &Blade Napoleonic; Empire/Napoleon -Total War; interested in history
6.Rank: Corporal, maybe Seargant

Hope i will be usefull for the regiment as well as for Dixieland ;)
Greetings from Europe :)

Legion
03-29-2016, 10:57 PM
Hello!
As i am very excited about this game i would like to enlist myself in an ambitious regiment..

1. Steam Name: L0ve_Y0u
2. Age: 18
3.Country: Austria (7 years of english classes though :confused: )
4.Name in Company: Christoph MacScotdaigh
5.Experience/Qualifications: Mount &Blade Napoleonic; Empire/Napoleon -Total War; interested in history
6.Rank: Corporal, maybe Seargant

Hope i will be usefull for the regiment as well as for Dixieland ;)
Greetings from Europe :)

Welcome to the company my friend, I'll add you to the roster right away.

JG93
04-03-2016, 08:19 AM
So a member from the Netherlands, Hungary, and now Austria. Is the American civil war a big topic over there or people are just pumped for this game?

Diversey
04-03-2016, 02:51 PM
So a member from the Netherlands, Hungary, and now Austria. Is the American civil war a big topic over there or people are just pumped for this game?

People all over the world are interested in the American Civil War, some less than others but the interest is there. Being from the UK we weren't taught about the topic, I found interest through games and such.

JG93
04-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Fair enough. I love the napoleonic wars. Great uniforms.

JG93
04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Saw the LA Brigade idea, I like it. How many LA companies exist at the moment? Have you tried getting a hold of them individually?

Legion
04-14-2016, 02:39 AM
Saw the LA Brigade idea, I like it. How many LA companies exist at the moment? Have you tried getting a hold of them individually?

I'm not sure how many exist but I do know it's growing. I have contacted some of them but I'm still working it out. I'll update the thread as I get new info.

Also, who down-voted the thread? dick move bro, not that it matters though :p

Let me offer you a Nugget
05-26-2016, 03:10 AM
Hope you're still open for members.

1. Steam Name: let me offer you a nugget
2. Age: 14
3. Country: Australia
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last): Zachary Wooller
5. Experience/Qualifications: I've played M&B in the past and i'm a huge history buff.
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc. I'm looking to be a a Cpl., but Pvt. is fine.
7. Do you understand the rank responsibilities: Like the back of my hand.
8. Do you have a mic: Yes.

Legion
05-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Hope you're still open for members.

1. Steam Name: let me offer you a nugget
3. Country: Australia
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last): Zachary Wooller
5. Experience/Qualifications: I've played M&B in the past and i'm a huge history buff.
6. Role applying for: Sgt., Lieutenant, etc. I'm looking to be a a Cpl., but Pvt. is fine.
7. Do you understand the rank responsibilities: Like the back of my hand.
8. Do you have a mic: Yes.

Welcome to the company:)

JG93
05-27-2016, 07:06 PM
I have to ask... I'm only a recruit...come on, bump me up to Private. I'm feeling like a deserve a promotion. Everyone else got love. Lt's and sgt's and such. Throw me a little something.

Legion
05-28-2016, 03:47 AM
I have to ask... I'm only a recruit...come on, bump me up to Private. I'm feeling like a deserve a promotion. Everyone else got love. Lt's and sgt's and such. Throw me a little something.

I just put you there because that's what you asked for lol, I'll bump you up to pvt.

Legion
05-29-2016, 02:34 AM
Good read on the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion http://chab-belgium.com/pdf/english/Coppens%20Zouaves.pdf

JRob
05-31-2016, 03:42 AM
Good luck! cannot wait to see the tigers on the battlefield!

Legion
05-31-2016, 03:46 AM
Good luck! cannot wait to see the tigers on the battlefield!

Thanks, can't wait till I'm able to get a better look at the uniforms, and stroll my co. around the battlefield.

JG93
06-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Hey legion. How are the other LA units looking for numbers. We might be able to field a decent line depending on numbers. Have you been chatting with our sister company at all

Legion
06-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Hey legion. How are the other LA units looking for numbers. We might be able to field a decent line depending on numbers. Have you been chatting with our sister company at all

I have been chatting with Co. C but they're doing their own thing for now, not sure on the numbers of the other companies.

If we can get enough numbers in our own co. then we could form a good line ourselves, that's the goal anyways:D

Mercuri
06-02-2016, 08:19 AM
I love Louisiana zouaves. Good luck guys! ;)

Legion
06-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks, hope to get more recruits soon.

JG93
06-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Legion, so that company c is the same regiment as we are then despite the slightly different wording of the regiment name? We should get tight with them. Sister company. Good to supplement the line. Just saying. Not many zouaves in this world and we got the best uniforms...totally authentic North American uniforms...

Legion
06-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Legion, so that company c is the same regiment as we are then despite the slightly different wording of the regiment name? We should get tight with them. Sister company. Good to supplement the line. Just saying. Not many zouaves in this world and we got the best uniforms...totally authentic North American uniforms...

Yes we are the same battalion. I've talked to Co. C and let him know that if he wan't to work closely together we can. At this point it's up to him to decide.
I wouldn't worry to much about our numbers though, we will grow as time goes on.

Also, I agree we do have the best looking uniform;) even if it's not the most authentic zouave uniform.
The most authentic was worn by this battalion but it's not in-game. the striped pants is cooler looking so I don't mind.

JG93
06-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Legion r u one of those backers who has access to the drill camps?

Legion
06-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Legion r u one of those backers who has access to the drill camps?

Technically yes, I'll have access once they release it for the rest of the alpha backers (Majors and Captains) I do not have access to it yet though;)

Hiram Lee
06-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027954626/
Name: Hiram Lee
Position: 2nd Lt.
Experience: Moderate experience leading men and huge fan of history and have been studying General Stonewall Jackson since I was 4
Microphone: Yes

Wildcat
07-06-2016, 05:59 PM
1. Steam Name: BeroTheGreat (http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeroTheGreat/)
3. Country: England (I can do both NA and EU I also used to do AUS timing is not a problem for me)
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last).: Robert Fleming
5. Experience/Qualifications: I have been in multiple regiments in Mount and Blade: Warband, I am currently in the 18e (who are not doing WoR) and the 29th (the NA version of 18e all the same people) also I am starting to read up on history of the American Civil War.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities: Yes
7. Do you have a mic: Yes, Although I prefer not to talk to much but will if needed. (mainly because of my family being around in the house probably think im weird.)

Grant97
07-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Good luck!

Legion
07-06-2016, 09:40 PM
3. Country: England (I can do both NA and EU I also used to do AUS timing is not a problem for me)
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last).: Robert Fleming
5. Experience/Qualifications: I have been in multiple regiments in Mount and Blade: Warband, I am currently in the 18e (who are not doing WoR) and the 29th (the NA version of 18e all the same people) also I am starting to read up on history of the American Civil War.
7. Do you have a mic: Yes, Although I prefer not to talk to much but will if needed. (mainly because of my family being around in the house probably think im weird.)

Welcome to the Company.:D If you have any question feel free to ask.

Wildcat
07-06-2016, 10:45 PM
welcome to the company.:d if you have any question feel free to ask.

:D Thank you!

JG93
07-08-2016, 05:08 AM

Ha. I hear ya buddy. My wife makes fun of me if I say anything... I too will try to say as little as possible. Hence why I am a lowly private.

Eugene Richmond
07-08-2016, 08:03 PM
1: Eugène Richmond "Dolken" :Steam name
2: 15
3: France
4;5;6: I have fight for Great army of Napoleon in Artillery regiment in Caporal rank . I lead men for defend Artillery battery in Napoleonics war DLC and i think of making a good Sergeant because my family served for French army in (Zouaves,Tirailleur) and i have lot of experience in area
7:Yes

Legion
07-08-2016, 08:14 PM
1: Eugène Richmond "Dolken" :Steam name
2: 15
3: France
4;5;6: I have fight for Great army of Napoleon in Artillery regiment in Caporal rank . I lead men for defend Artillery battery in Napoleonics war DLC and i think of making a good Sergeant because my family served for French army in (Zouaves,Tirailleur) and i have lot of experience in area
7:Yes

Welcome to the company.

R. Shughart
07-08-2016, 08:16 PM
1. Steam Name : Shughart[1stBtry]
2. Age : 15
3. Country : France
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). : Randall Shughart
5. Experience/Qualifications : I have been in the C.S.A. ( 1st Field Battery, Louisiania Artillery ) on North & South Mod for Mount & Blade: Warband, at the rank of Captain.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities : Yes.
7. Do you have a mic : Yes.

Legion
07-08-2016, 08:24 PM
1. Steam Name : Shughart[1stBtry]
2. Age : 15
3. Country : France
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). : Randall Shughart
5. Experience/Qualifications : I have been in the C.S.A. ( 1st Field Battery, Louisiania Artillery ) on North & South Mod for Mount & Blade: Warband, at the rank of Captain.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities : Yes.
7. Do you have a mic : Yes.

Welcome :D

Wildcat
07-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Ha. I hear ya buddy. My wife makes fun of me if I say anything... I too will try to say as little as possible. Hence why I am a lowly private.

lol I used to do it all the time but I realised I probably annoyed everyone and my dad used to make fun of me for doing it so I stopped :P

Wildcat
07-14-2016, 05:31 PM
quick question (sorry if you awnsered this already) but was the 1st LA Zouaves a merge of the guys from Company B of Wheats Tigers and the guys from the Coppens Zouaves? So if someone started his service in the Tigers Rifles could of ended up in the 1st LA Zouaves Company B?

Wildcat
07-14-2016, 09:04 PM
never mind this just confirmed it for me "Following the death of Major Chatham Roberdeau Wheat at Gaines’ Mill the 60 survivors of the 1st Special Louisiana Battalion (Wheat’s Tigers) were merged with the Zouaves." (I wan't to know because I am building a character around "Robert Fleming" who was originally in Co. B (Tiger Rifles) of Wheats Tigers, Inspired by the book "Lincolns life or a Tigers death". (just look at my office on my teamspeak :P)

Legion
07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Coppens Zouaves are the 1st La zouaves battalion, The Tiger rifles (wheats Tigers) were called the 1st La special battalion. After wheats death at gaines mill the 1st la special battalion was consolidated with the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion(Coppens Zouaves).

So to answer your question, yes it is possible that a soldier could have been in the 1st La special battalion and end up in the 1st La Zouaves.

Legion
07-14-2016, 09:08 PM
never mind this just confirmed it for me "Following the death of Major Chatham Roberdeau Wheat at Gaines’ Mill the 60 survivors of the 1st Special Louisiana Battalion (Wheat’s Tigers) were merged with the Zouaves." (I wan't to know because I am building a character around "Robert Fleming" who was originally in Co. B (Tiger Rifles) of Wheats Tigers, Inspired by the book "Lincolns life or a Tigers death". (just look at my office on my teamspeak :P)

Lol, I answered your question but I didn't post it fast enough lol.

Wildcat
07-14-2016, 09:20 PM
Lol, I answered your question but I didn't post it fast enough lol.

Thanks anyway :D (ps can you look at my thing in my TS office and tell me how I can improve? minus the spelling it isn't supposed to be good at the moment because I am going to do a spell check when it is done)

Legion
07-14-2016, 09:38 PM
Thanks anyway :D (ps can you look at my thing in my TS office and tell me how I can improve? minus the spelling it isn't supposed to be good at the moment because I am going to do a spell check when it is done)

Sure, I'll take a look as soon as I'm able.

Wildcat
07-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Sure, I'll take a look as soon as I'm able.

thank you :D

JG93
07-22-2016, 01:35 AM
Got some people from France joining up. Awesome. How far ahead r they from eastern time. Legion your central time right? Just trying to visualize optimal training or game times.

Legion
07-22-2016, 02:05 AM
Got some people from France joining up. Awesome. How far ahead r they from eastern time. Legion your central time right? Just trying to visualize optimal training or game times.

Yes I'm central. I'm trying to figure out the best times to set up training as well.

Wildcat
07-25-2016, 07:41 PM
And Alpha is out and our unit is in game... Is this a dream or real?

JG93
07-26-2016, 04:51 AM
Well one of the regiments is the 1st La on the new release. The image looks pretty cool. There seems to be quite an assortment of uniforms for the regiment. Looks like customize will be awesome. Feeling those brown jackets...and maybe a nice black slouch hat.

Wildcat
07-26-2016, 04:58 AM
The Coppens Zouave uniform was also added (idk why they never showed them), But I spawned in looked down and saw my red pants and freaked out so made some random guy screencap me and add me on steam just so I could see if I had a blue and yellow jacket :P

Wildcat
07-26-2016, 05:00 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/3e90e9769acda19a33f74348ba6d9739.png image of the coppens uniform

Legion
07-26-2016, 05:01 AM
Well one of the regiments is the 1st La on the new release. The image looks pretty cool. There seems to be quite an assortment of uniforms for the regiment. Looks like customize will be awesome. Feeling those brown jackets...and maybe a nice black slouch hat.

The customization is gonna be great, I can't wait till they add it.
Turns out they added a wip Coppens uniform 3719

We're gonna need to organize a training session soon, maybe this weekend if I have the time.

JG93
07-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Look like a Yankee...you gotta give me an image with the brown jacket. Is that an option yet or are they still working on the customizations?

Legion
07-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Look like a Yankee...you gotta give me an image with the brown jacket. Is that an option yet or are they still working on the customizations?

They're still working on it, until customization is implemented they will have random presets that your character has. I'll post a few screens of some of the variants later on today so you can get an idea of what's available and what you'll be able to customize once they release it.

Wildcat
07-26-2016, 05:26 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731581992

Didn't get any of a brown jacket but this is the grey jacket

Wildcat
07-27-2016, 10:55 PM
are we going to be doing the video contest legion? Because I can record everything.

Legion
07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
are we going to be doing the video contest legion? Because I can record everything.

I was planning on doing this: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2419-Company-Video-Collaboration

JG93
08-01-2016, 04:10 PM
So how has the early tests been going on the servers? How do you think it will be moving the formations around...going to be sloppy and clunky looking like in mount and blade. Always looked like such a mess.

Legion
08-01-2016, 04:12 PM
So how has the early tests been going on the servers? How do you think it will be moving the formations around...going to be sloppy and clunky looking like in mount and blade. Always looked like such a mess.

It's much better than m&b. Formations aren't that hard to do, it's just that the synchronization and stuff needs some work. But so far it's not bad.

Wildcat
08-03-2016, 01:03 PM

here is a picture of the updated Coppens Uniform, Also I agree with Legion ^, I heard some people saying something about net code and once its improved it will make things easier but idk if thats true.

JG93
08-03-2016, 02:22 PM
I've no clue what net code is. But the uniform looks good. Still prefer the brown jacket. Hopefully that will all come through nicely. Which rifle do you have.... Does it matter at this point in development. Any better than others?

Legion
08-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I've no clue what net code is. But the uniform looks good. Still prefer the brown jacket. Hopefully that will all come through nicely. Which rifle do you have.... Does it matter at this point in development. Any better than others?

At the moment we have the Mississippi and the Springfield M1842, hopefully in the future we will have the Enfield or Springfield M1855.
The Mississippi is an excellent rifle but the current sights make it hard to exploit it's great range and accuracy. Hopefully they add another version of the Mississippi with a better sight, I would use it almost exclusively if they added better sights.

Wildcat
08-03-2016, 10:49 PM
in the picture it is a Mississippi btw, And I also have no idea what net code is but some people said it will make moving in formation easier but I have no clue.

JRob
08-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Edit

Legion
08-05-2016, 12:31 AM
1. Steam Name JRob
2. Age 15
3. Country USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). James Jefferson
5. Experience/Qualifications Empire total War
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities Yes
7. Do you have a mic Yes

Welcome to the company.

Wildcat
08-05-2016, 03:04 AM
welcome JRob!

JRob
08-05-2016, 03:19 AM
thank yuh

Legion
08-05-2016, 04:06 AM
Here is a screen of the brown zouave jacket and a few other versions of the uniform. 399639973998

JG93
08-05-2016, 04:34 AM
Looks awesome.

Legion
08-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Looks awesome.

Yep, they are nice. Can't wait to customize them.

JG93
08-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Jrob are you east coast or west coast US

Wildcat
08-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Jrob left to join the jeff davis legion

Sgt_Ham
08-11-2016, 08:00 PM
1. Steam Name - Sgt_Ham
2. Age - 21+
3. Country- USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). Hamilton Bacon
5. Experience/Qualifications - Lt. Col. of 36thVa in N&S for MBW, participated in numerous NW regiments and ARMA2 and 3 squads.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities. Yes
7. Do you have a mic. Yes

Legion
08-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the company.

Gunther65
08-11-2016, 08:12 PM
1. Steam Name - TheMadGunther
2. Age - 13
3. Country - USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last) - Gunther Schulz
5. Experience/Qualifications - A Lance Corporal of the 36thVA in N&S for M&B:W, Empire: Total War, Napoleon: Total War, Total War: SHOGUN 2 Fall of the Samurai, ARMA 2, and RO2/RS.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities? - Yes
7. Do you have a mic? - Yes

Saint_Duck
08-11-2016, 08:15 PM
My application, gents!

1. Steam Name - Saint Duck
2. Age - 16
3. Country - USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last) - Sir Mallard Dillard
5. Experience/Qualifications - Adjutant in the 36thVA for the North and South mod for M&B, in the 36thVA for the past year, Fusilier for the 3eme for Napoleonic Wars DLC for M&B, in the 3eme for a month
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities? - Yes indeed.
7. Do you have a mic? - Yes indeed.

uglypinkmoose
08-11-2016, 08:54 PM
1. Steam Name - uglypinkmoose
2. Age - 27
3. Country - USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last) - Uglicious Moose
5. Experience/Qualifications - Sgt in the 36thVA for the North and South mod for M&B, in the 36thVA for the past year
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities? - abso-lutely
7. Do you have a mic? - Yup

Legion
08-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the company

FisterCuffs
08-11-2016, 09:46 PM
1.Steam Name-xXNoscoper@Yahoo.comx
2.Age-18
3.Country-U.S.A
4.Name you would like to use in the company(First and Last)-Fewald T. Cuffsington
5.Experience/Qualifications-2nd Lieutenant in the 36th Virginia for the North and South mod for atleast a year and Captain for the 108th regiment on Napoleonic wars DLC for 2 years
6.Do you understand the rank responsibilities?-Yes Sir
7.Do you have a mic?-Yes

Saint_Duck
08-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Just let him list his games, hes obviously proud of them :P

FisterCuffs
08-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Sorry duck :(

Legion
08-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Welcome.

Crystalikz
08-12-2016, 04:29 PM
1. Steam Name - Phantastic
2. Age - 15
3. Country - USA
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). Peter Phan
5. Experience/Qualifications - Experience with the 36thVA for at least a year, made my way up to a Sgt.
6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities? Yes
7. Do you have a mic? Yes

Legion
08-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the company.

Dovahkiin
08-12-2016, 06:49 PM
1. Steam Name: Dovahkiin
2. Age: 15
3. Country: America
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). Ceslaus Czajkowski
5. Experience/Qualifications: 36th VA (Staff Sergeant) and 63rd VA (Private)
7. Do you have a mic: Yes

Legion
08-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Welcome

JG93
08-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Nice to see a transplanted unit signing on...it was the uniforms wasn't it. They hold an appeal.

TheCrazyScot
08-14-2016, 08:21 AM
Steam Name: The Crazy Scot
Name in Company: David Anderson
Experience: Been murdering digital soldiers for quite some time, now! Played numerous ACW strategy games. Was in a cavalry regiment for Napoleonic Wars back when it was still a mod, but obviously we didn't do line battles. But learning is going to be no problem for me.
Do you understand rank/responsibilities?: Sure. Happy being a private for the moment, and I have no problem following orders, even the terrible ones!
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

Wildcat
08-14-2016, 08:35 AM
I hope Legion is ok with all this flooding in Louisiana at the moment! I already know two people affected dont want to add another one to the list

Legion
08-14-2016, 09:27 AM
I hope Legion is ok with all this flooding in Louisiana at the moment! I already know two people affected dont want to add another one to the list

Feel free to give me your concerns so that we can address them, I didn't realize anyone was bothered by this.
If anyone has any worry or concerns just pm me or contact me through steam and we can discuss it.

And welcome to the company TheCrazyScot.

EDIT: There seems to be a misunderstanding on my part, I thought members of the company were concerned by all the new members coming in and were hesitant to add another member.
He was actually talking about all the flooding going on in Southern Louisiana. I don't know how I misunderstood what he meant, it's so obvious lol.

But to answer your question Wildcat. I'm fine, some of my family members have been affected by the flooding though.
I appreciate your concern.

JG93
08-14-2016, 04:02 PM
Legion. I love seeing the new members coming in. People who already know what is required Awesome. Where in La r u

Legion
08-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Legion. I love seeing the new members coming in. People who already know what is required Awesome. Where in La r u

Way down south near the coast. Baldwin, Louisiana.

michaelsmithern
08-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Way down south near the coast. Baldwin, Louisiana.

Good job with the nice stream of recruits, and of course I hope you and your family are doing fine and are lively with the recent flooding.

Legion
08-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Good job with the nice stream of recruits, and of course I hope you and your family are doing fine and are lively with the recent flooding.

We're ok thankfully, the worst thing that has happened to us is the loss of a vehicle but others have it much worse so we're grateful that it was only a vehicle.

TheCJReid
08-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Steam Name: TheCJReid
Name in Company: Jebidiah Campbell
Experience: I was part of a Napoleonic clan for a while, and have lots of experience in realistic shooters, and an avid historian, with interests in 19th and 20th century warfare, which I have studied extenslively. Experienced in combat commands as I have line battle experience also.
Do you understand rank/responsibilities? I do, as I have experience in this field. I have no quarrels starting from the bottom and earning rank through toil and blood!
Do you have a Microphone? Yes, I do!

Legion
08-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Steam Name: TheCJReid
Name in Company: Jebidiah Campbell
Experience: I was part of a Napoleonic clan for a while, and have lots of experience in realistic shooters, and an avid historian, with interests in 19th and 20th century warfare, which I have studied extenslively. Experienced in combat commands as I have line battle experience also.
Do you understand rank/responsibilities? I do, as I have experience in this field. I have no quarrels starting from the bottom and earning rank through toil and blood!
Do you have a Microphone? Yes, I do!

Welcome to the company.

Wildcat
08-14-2016, 09:32 PM
Feel free to give me your concerns so that we can address them, I didn't realize anyone was bothered by this.
If anyone has any worry or concerns just pm me or contact me through steam and we can discuss it.

And welcome to the company TheCrazyScot.

EDIT: There seems to be a misunderstanding on my part, I thought members of the company were concerned by all the new members coming in and were hesitant to add another member.
He was actually talking about all the flooding going on in Southern Louisiana. I don't know how I misunderstood what he meant, it's so obvious lol.

But to answer your question Wildcat. I'm fine, some of my family members have been affected by the flooding though.
I appreciate your concern.

Good to know you are good and I hope nothing super bad happens to your family members who are affected!

Wildcat
08-15-2016, 12:48 PM
cool thing I found about the Battalion including all engagements and where they gaurded and a few other things http://www.angelfire.com/la/CoppensZouaves/Complete.html

(1st Edit)
also I found something else about the time they raided Richmond "From the time of their appearance in Richmond, robberies became frequent. Whenever a Zouave was seen, something was sure to be missed. They roamed about the city like a pack of untamed wildcats, and so clever were they in eluding the vigilance of the police, that few or none of them were brought to justice for the larcenies they committed. It was common with them to walk into saloons and restaurants, order what they wished to eat and drink, and then direct the dismayed proprietor to charge their bill to the Government. Thieving, burglary, and garroting in the streets at night were common as long as the Zouaves were in town. The whole community, both military and civil, drew a long breath of relief when they left."

tbh I only shared that because of the wildcat thing but also interesting piece of history.

(2nd Edit)
also found this from the same site: http://www.angelfire.com/la/CoppensZouaves/LeeAWallace.htmlhttp://www.angelfire.com/la/CoppensZouaves/LeeAWallace.html just more describing but the 1st link shows the engagements and stuff so both worth a read. And I found a flag they were given after the Battle of Williamsburg and Seven Pines: 4178

Sgt_Ham
08-21-2016, 02:31 AM
With player customization coming in a future update I have been doing a little research about the 1st LA Infantry's uniforms. I found the attached. Should help us to have unique aspects yet remain historically consistent.

Legion
08-21-2016, 02:38 AM
Good work, historically we could wear just about anything and still be accurate. The only thing in those pics that aren't accurate is the thin stripes on the pants, the real pants had thick stripes.

Wildcat
08-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Good work, historically we could wear just about anything and still be accurate. The only thing in those pics that aren't accurate is the thin stripes on the pants, the real pants had thick stripes.

Im hoping they add in some flatcaps so I can be the Yorkshire Zouave! The only thing inaccurate with the uniforms in game at the moment is Coppens Zouaves wouldn't have Zouave uniforms they practically lost all the extras when they retreated to Yorktown at the beginning of the war but I guess we can say that the game takes place in another universe where they didn't rush the retreat :P

And yeah Tiger Rifles only wore Pantaloons with thick stripes, So none of the red and blue or thin blue or whatever weird combination they have in some paintings.

EDIT:
here is some good information on the Uniform of the Tiger Rifles: https://www.facebook.com/wheatstigers/posts/704926549602026 (they are the most accurate tiger zouave reenactment group I can find the rest are pretty farby and when I saw farby I mean they try wear original uniform but fail with some wearing near enough plain white pants)

Also fun fact: It wasn't until a training at Camp Davis was a man named A. Keene Richards so impressed he gave Whites Company Zouave uniforms.

I can't find much on the original Coppen's uniform, But by their first engagement at Williamsburg they more than likely were not wearing it due to a rushed retreat to Yorktown, They were told to drop everything and run but they didn't need to, And because they did they dropped extra uniforms and stuff, After Sharpsburg they were said to be "marching" out of line and barefoot etc. They were supplied with normal Confederate Uniforms once reorganised for war.
Also after Sharpsburg pretty much all of Wheats Tigers left Coppens Zouaves and joined Harry Hays Louisiana Brigade, But I did read of some members joining other regiments like cavalry and artillery.

Also cool thing: Coppens Zouaves would of partook (partaken?) in the throwing of stones at the 24th New York at the 2nd Manassas, And a not-so cool thing but one of coppens men was said to have walked into a crowd surrounding a dying Confederate and he said to the man something (I can't remember what it said he said) like "ill help you" and smashed his rifle into the mans face killing him.

And also the Regiment song from what I found was Rondeau des Zou Zou (I put the lyrics in teamspeak) which is in french.

(sorry if half the stuff ive said is put weird im tired)
Battles that wheats tigers and Coppens Zouaves were partnered in: Second Manassas, Chatilly, Harper's Ferry, Sharpsburg.

Wheats Tigers also carried Cutlasses so I hope they are added in game

Legion
08-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Nice read, it's good to see you learning about the history.

The same can be said for wheats tigers, by the tie Antietam rolled around their uniform was pretty much gone.
Also, Wheats Tigers ceased to exist after the Battle of Gaines Mill. The men were distributed out between the regiments.
You are correct that they were at the stone throwing in 2nd Manassas, all of the 2nd La Brigade was;)
From what I know it wasn't a confederate soldier but a wounded Yankee that the coppens zouave killed.

JG93
08-21-2016, 03:05 PM
What is the significance of the striped pants anyway. Where did that come from. Just different. Is that a look from the old French influence or what.

Legion
08-21-2016, 03:09 PM
What is the significance of the striped pants anyway. Where did that come from. Just different. Is that a look from the old French influence or what.

The French Zouave uniform had red pants and white pants. The striped pants that the Tigers wore was just some mattress ticking or something like it.
I guess he just thought it looked unique and wanted the Tigers to use it.

Wildcat
08-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Nice read, it's good to see you learning about the history.

The same can be said for wheats tigers, by the tie Antietam rolled around their uniform was pretty much gone.
Also, Wheats Tigers ceased to exist after the Battle of Gaines Mill. The men were distributed out between the regiments.
You are correct that they were at the stone throwing in 2nd Manassas, all of the 2nd La Brigade was;)
From what I know it wasn't a confederate soldier but a wounded Yankee that the coppens zouave killed.

ima have to look for that bit again because I thought it was a Confederate. Im pretty sure the remains of Wheats Tigers existed a little bit after Gaines Mill, Because I read about them being at Malvern Hill and they disbanded after the seven days battles then 60 men merged into Coppens Zouaves but I could be wrong.

Legion
08-21-2016, 03:39 PM
ima have to look for that bit again because I thought it was a Confederate. Im pretty sure the remains of Wheats Tigers existed a little bit after Gaines Mill, Because I read about them being at Malvern Hill and they disbanded after the seven days battles then 60 men merged into Coppens Zouaves but I could be wrong.

They were merged with Coppens after the Battle of Gaines Mill. They ceased to exist as their own unit when they were merged with coppens.

Wildcat
08-21-2016, 03:40 PM
found it "At the battle of Williamsburg, the Battalion fought as part of Colonel Theodore Hunt's 2nd brigade. As the Confederate forces were withdrawing, serious fighting developed. It was during a brief lull, that another incident occurred that would forever mar the reputation of the Zouaves. Wounded Federal prisoners were being temporarily gathered near a fortification while a field hospital was set up. One poor soldier had been shot through the abdomen and was writhing around in agony, begging to be put out of his misery. Three of Coppens' men, described as "the most rakish and devilish looking beings I ever saw'" by a Virginian, elbowed through the gathering crowd to see what the excitement was about. One of the Zouaves reportedly said, "put you out of your misery? Certainly, sir!" As he finished, and before anyone could intervene, he brutally drove his musket butt through the skull of the writhing man. While the crowd stood shocked and silent, the Zouave mater of factly inquired "Any other gentlemen here'd like to be accommodated?" With that, the three withdrew through the crowd, and disappeared down the road."

and ah I always thought they stayed together throughout the seven days battles then merged.

(I just looked up how to make Zouave pants, Turns out it's really easy so I geuss we can say that we decided to buy materials and re-make our uniforms :P)

George Usher
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Good Luck and greetings from the 7th. Hope to fight with you shoulder on shoulder...

Joshua Chamberlain
09-07-2016, 05:47 PM
1. Steam Name http://steamcommunity.com/id/DukeOfLongTree
2. Age 16
3. Country Murica
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). Brennen Bourgeois
14e
26th NC
101e
5thLA
1st Lehr
38e
3eme
9th Ohio
20th Maine
8tes
I may have missed some

6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities yes
7. Do you have a mic yes

Sgt_Ham
09-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the 1st LA Company B. We can address your avatar choice at a later date...fall in.

JG93
09-19-2016, 02:39 PM
How has the in game progression been? Less laggy or glitchy? Can it handle more players? Just want to hear that it is going in the right direction.

Legion
09-19-2016, 02:57 PM
How has the in game progression been? Less laggy or glitchy? Can it handle more players? Just want to hear that it is going in the right direction.

I haven't been on in a while, I've been doing other things. I'll get on later and check though.

Diversey
09-25-2016, 12:55 AM
1. Steam Name http://steamcommunity.com/id/DukeOfLongTree
2. Age 16
3. Country Murica
4. Name you would like to use in the company (first and last). Brennen Bourgeois
14e
26th NC
101e
5thLA
1st Lehr
38e
3eme
9th Ohio
20th Maine
8tes
I may have missed some

6. Do you understand the rank responsibilities yes
7. Do you have a mic yes

5thLA? Never seen you with us.

Joshua Chamberlain
09-25-2016, 02:14 AM
5thLA? Never seen you with us.

I ran the 5thLA before you whre ever in NaS

Diversey
09-25-2016, 08:39 PM
I mean, if it had 5 people in it then it doesn't really count.
When I ran we reached 30-35 per event.
You must be the guy that was talking shit on FSE, good one bud.

Legion
09-25-2016, 08:46 PM
I mean, if it had 5 people in it then it doesn't really count.
When I ran we reached 30-35 per event.
You must be the guy that was talking shit on FSE, good one bud.

Don't argue on this thread please, take it to pm.

Joshua Chamberlain
09-25-2016, 09:28 PM
No problem legion i don't plan on it i did not want to start an argument some people will just be salty

Diversey
09-26-2016, 01:03 AM
No problem legion i don't plan on it i did not want to start an argument some people will just be salty

Why start it then?

Bravescot
09-26-2016, 01:22 AM
Why start it then?

Chamberlain do not reply to the question or post further on this thread. Thank you.

Eduard_Dietl
09-26-2016, 06:13 AM
Chamberlain do not reply to the question or post further on this thread. Thank you.

The Law hath been lain.

Wildcat
09-29-2016, 12:31 AM
https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=180#companyToolHeader

use this link to join Company on the Tool! (Company Tool gets reset in 8 days so you'll have to rejoin later)

Wildcat
09-29-2016, 02:46 PM
If anyone cares about historical accuracy I suggest using these joining dates or at least around these joining dates as this is when people who were in the Company would of joined the army.

Coppens Company B:
It looks like most people Enlisted on the 4th of April, The latest Enlistment date I can find is two men enlisting on the 18th of May so I recommend putting on your papers any date between the 4th of April and the 18th of May.

Or alternatively since some of the Company came from Wheats Tigers the enlistment dates should be:
Sadly I cannot find the exact date "Whites Tigers" were formed, But it looks like they were formed in late march early April so maybe put early April as your enlistment date and the latest would be before the 23rd as on the 23rd of April they seemed to have gone to Camp Davis.

Sources: Wikipedia for Tigers. And for Coppens a roster I found here (http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/coppenszouaves/histroster.htm)

Legion
09-29-2016, 02:49 PM
If anyone cares about historical accuracy I suggest using these joining dates or at least around these joining dates as this is when people who were in the Company would of joined the army.

Coppens Company B:
It looks like most people Enlisted on the 4th of April, The latest Enlistment date I can find is two men enlisting on the 18th of May so I recommend putting on your papers any date between the 4th of April and the 18th of May.

Or alternatively since some of the Company came from Wheats Tigers the enlistment dates should be:
Sadly I cannot find the exact date "Whites Tigers" were formed, But it looks like they were formed in late march early April so maybe put early April as your enlistment date and the latest would be before the 23rd as on the 23rd of April they seemed to have gone to Camp Davis.

Sources: Wikipedia for Tigers. And for Coppens a roster I found here (http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion2/coppenszouaves/histroster.htm)

Good idea. Will change mine now.

Legion
10-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Lately we've had a few members go off and create their own company. That's perfectly ok, but if you are going to leave the company then you need to let me know so I can update the records.

To those who have left the company, you are welcome back if your company doesn't work out. But from this point on if anyone leaves the company without letting me or another officer know, they will be barred from reenlisting into the company.

Legion
10-08-2016, 02:00 AM
Company tool is officially released, please enlist in Coppens Zouaves Co. B on the tool. https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=28#companyToolHeader

JG93
10-08-2016, 05:52 PM
All registered on company tool. More avatar choices coming??? Customizable in the future?

Wildcat
10-08-2016, 06:36 PM
im guessing once you can customize ingame you can use your ingame character as yout avatar on the company tool.

JG93
11-24-2016, 11:23 PM
Legion long time...how is everything progressing with the game. Have you seen any improvements? Getting that feeling that it is moving along?

Legion
11-29-2016, 06:02 AM
Legion long time...how is everything progressing with the game. Have you seen any improvements? Getting that feeling that it is moving along?

I haven't played in almost a month. I've been busy with work and stuff. I work 12 hr night-shift on the weekends so that's why we haven't had any training. I hope to see skirmishing soon but so far the game seems to be coming along nicely.

I hope we get a field-report soon so we can have some more info.

Wildcat
12-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Hope you all had a great Christmas!

I got a new headset which has a working mic and so I will be organising some training after the New Year, Me and Antonanzas the Captain of the 10th Louisiana Company A have been talking about doing some merged training sessions with his Company and ours to make the numbers bigger, I will contact you all after New Year with times and dates for training's. Also just incase I missed anyone our Teamspeak IP was altered to: na1.deliverance-hosting.com:9017 so you can change that in your bookmarks.

And the last thing: Can you please reply to this if you currently own a copy of War of Rights, Just so I know who to message when training starts etc. rather than having to check everyones game library's.

Legion
12-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Hope you all had a great Christmas!

I got a new headset which has a working mic and so I will be organising some training after the New Year, Me and Antonanzas the Captain of the 10th Louisiana Company A have been talking about doing some merged training sessions with his Company and ours to make the numbers bigger, I will contact you all after New Year with times and dates for training's. Also just incase I missed anyone our Teamspeak IP was altered to: na1.deliverance-hosting.com:9017 so you can change that in your bookmarks.

And the last thing: Can you please reply to this if you currently own a copy of War of Rights, Just so I know who to message when training starts etc. rather than having to check everyones game library's.

Great news. Sorry I haven't been active for the past few months. I've been busy with work and I can't play on the weekends. I plan on getting back into the game once I have the time.
I hope this all works out, let me know the training days and I'll try to make them. If we can set up multiple days throughout the week that would be good. One on the weekend and one during the week.

JG93
03-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Just curious. I have not yet made any donation because I didn't want to set up a pay pal account...I know laziness, don't judge. But once skirmishes start I would stop being so lazy. Can I still donate and get access or has that ship sailed. Also, how many of you guys r active in game as of this date?

Legion
03-14-2017, 02:02 AM
Just curious. I have not yet made any donation because I didn't want to set up a pay pal account...I know laziness, don't judge. But once skirmishes start I would stop being so lazy. Can I still donate and get access or has that ship sailed. Also, how many of you guys r active in game as of this date?

You will still be able to get access as far as I know. I haven't been very active lately but I was on for a little while yesterday.

Wildcat
03-14-2017, 02:15 AM
as a company with training we havent been that active (I know I said I was gonna start leading trainings but got busy and ingame problems) but I've seen plenty of people in the company playing with random people and going to events so when you donate you'll have plenty of people to play with.

JG93
04-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Alright, I'm all signed up for the sergeant tier. I will be able to get into the skirmishes phase 2. Whenever that happens. Also, anyone got any news on the uniforms for our particular regiment. Any updates or anything like on them. I just saw a nice post in another thread showing the different regiment options to play with. Are the uniforms customizable yet or still just randomized and assigned?

Legion
04-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Alright, I'm all signed up for the sergeant tier. I will be able to get into the skirmishes phase 2. Whenever that happens. Also, anyone got any news on the uniforms for our particular regiment. Any updates or anything like on them. I just saw a nice post in another thread showing the different regiment options to play with. Are the uniforms customizable yet or still just randomized and assigned?

They are still just pre-set. As far as I know the uniforms are about the same.

JG93
08-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Hey legion, just seeing all these other LA companies emerging. How did the organization between these companies and regiments historically exist. Were they all generally together or spread out among different divisions? And how were they uniformed, those striped pants universal for LA troops or specifically the Zouave and which units were historically Zouave?

Legion
08-09-2017, 03:30 AM
Hey legion, just seeing all these other LA companies emerging. How did the organization between these companies and regiments historically exist. Were they all generally together or spread out among different divisions? And how were they uniformed, those striped pants universal for LA troops or specifically the Zouave and which units were historically Zouave?

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was at work.

Early in the war the LA regiments were spread out among the different brigades/divisions/etc. it wasn't until Lee became General of the army that the LA units were put into brigades composed of only Louisianians.

For most of the war the Louisiana troops were organized into two brigades the 1st LA Brigade and the 2nd LA Brigade.

The 1st LA Brigade as composed of the 5th,6th,7th,8th, and 9th LA regiments. The 2nd Brigade was composed of the 1st, 2nd, 10th, 14th, and 15th LA Regiments. During Antietam the 9th was in the 2nd Brigade and the 14th was in the 1st.

Two other units that I didn't mention above are the 1st LA Special Battalion and the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion. The 1st LA Special Battalion ceased to exist after the Battle of Gaines Mill and was merged with the 1st LA Zouaves. The 1st LA Zouaves were part of the 2nd Brigade during the Battle of Antietam, after this the 1st LA Zouaves were moved out of the AnV and assigned to other duties.

Not all LA units wore the Zouave uniform. The only units that we know wore the Zouave uniform are Co. B of the 1st LA Special Battalion (they wore the striped pants) and the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion (they wore an accurate zouave uniform with red pants, and a zouave jacket with yellow trim) The 10th LA is said t have worn a zouave uniform but there is no information on what it would have looked like.

Some LA units had their own unique uniform depending on what regiment/company they were in, etc. (many of the regiments wore a confederate uniform with black trim) as the war progressed they eventually all wore standard confederate uniforms.

In the AnV only the 1st LA Special Battalion and the 1st LA Zouave Battalion were zouaves. Louisiana did have a few other zouave units that fought in other armies during the war.

Duke Of Longtree
08-09-2017, 06:32 AM
dont forget Coppens

Legion
08-09-2017, 12:03 PM
dont forget Coppens

Coppens is the 1st LA Zouaves Battalion.

JG93
08-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Thanks. Clears things up for me. Was having trouble keeping track of things.

Legion
01-26-2018, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately I will have to step down as Captain of the Co. Time does not permit me to lead a company so I will pass the company on to whoever wants it. If no one is interested in leading the company then I think the best option would be to disband and let you go about your way.

JG93
01-27-2018, 03:23 PM
A shame. Any takers? if not. We should all try to join another Zouave company and bolster the numbers there. Let me know the plan

FIGHT Black phoenix
01-27-2018, 11:42 PM
Hey Brothers,

Come and join us on 18th LA ^^ you will be good with us ?

Redleader
01-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately I will have to step down as Captain of the Co. Time does not permit me to lead a company so I will pass the company on to whoever wants it. If no one is interested in leading the company then I think the best option would be to disband and let you go about your way.

Sad to hear, especially considering this is a unit with an interesting history, but I think we all appreciate down here letting the community know.

At the moment there are many inactive companies, for a wide variety of reasons :

A 'reservation' for a certain unit cause of it's history/state or family members fighting for it.
A 'reservation' to have one and to start playing when beta is released on steam.
People lost interest or playing other games, or company command/other players aren't much on (see the desertion part).
People lost interest cause no one from 'command' plays anymore.

The downside is for the moment, some who like history want to join up the company they prefer and can't cause it's taken and/or inactive.
That's why we appreciate letting the community & admins know.

I see you posted a message on the steam group to (it's best considering not all read the forum).
If I would make a suggestion (maybe already done), A telegram informing the men about the current state of affairs.

Like Capt. Cleburne said all are welcome in the 18th LA (we play under the 10th LA (https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=2232#companyToolHeader)at m and some of these men are assumed of wearing 'Zouave' uniforms)

JG93
01-30-2018, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the offer guys. I threw my lot in with 1st La Zouave Battalion company C. 81 men in the company. Solid numbers. Appreciate the offer though. For anyone else in the company sorry I didn’t hang out to get a consensus, good luck with whatever everyone decides to do. If the company dissolves I’m sure company C would welcome the recruits.

FIGHT Black phoenix
01-30-2018, 04:35 AM
The Louisiana must be rise !

Mr.Moto
02-06-2018, 03:33 PM
nice page