PDA

View Full Version : In Game Map For Commanders

TeteRex
02-10-2016, 10:38 PM
It would be interesting and most likely useful if the WoR Devs could make an in game map were commanders of Companies/regiments/brigades and so on could use and mark a map either to the whole faction in game play or just whoever manually selects which map (if that makes sense) but just a general map that commanders can mark say an objective or a way point to tell their company leaders or even their own men and maybe (just another spitball) throw in a compass on the map and for example the map type in battleship say G9 is an area on the map (i forget what they are called) but anyway have that in as well i think that would help a lot for the Role play aspect of the game.

IDK just trying to come up with a few cool and helpful ideas for the game i'm sure it will be great anyway :D
(Not sure if this was already an idea posted)

GeorgeCrecy
02-10-2016, 11:40 PM
It would be interesting and most likely useful if the WoR Devs could make an in game map were commanders of Companies/regiments/brigades and so on could use and mark a map either to the whole faction in game play or just whoever manually selects which map (if that makes sense) but just a general map that commanders can mark say an objective or a way point to tell their company leaders or even their own men and maybe (just another spitball) throw in a compass on the map and for example the map type in battleship say G9 is an area on the map (i forget what they are called) but anyway have that in as well i think that would help a lot for the Role play aspect of the game.

IDK just trying to come up with a few cool and helpful ideas for the game i'm sure it will be great anyway :D
(Not sure if this was already an idea posted)

Hey there TCC,

If you take a look at the various resources we have available, you might note that we do indeed have a system planned already for maps that commanders will use. In particular, the leader of each team will be focused on the macro-scale of the fighting, whereas those down the line, such as Colonels and Captains, will be more focused on the micro scale. No worries on this front, and please keep posting suggestions, we always look forward to them!

William
02-11-2016, 07:09 AM
Thats really nice, thanks Mr George

SHoGUN
02-11-2016, 01:00 PM
I expanded on a map idea in this thread (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?1175-Campaign-General), along with some other ideas. It's a bit of a read, but would be nice to have any input you can give :)

TeteRex
02-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Hey there TCC,

If you take a look at the various resources we have available, you might note that we do indeed have a system planned already for maps that commanders will use. In particular, the leader of each team will be focused on the macro-scale of the fighting, whereas those down the line, such as Colonels and Captains, will be more focused on the micro scale. No worries on this front, and please keep posting suggestions, we always look forward to them!

Okay great thanks sorry have been busy i havn't been able to keep up with everything :D

Legion
02-11-2016, 10:37 PM
I do think it would be nice if there is was a gamemode that is like historical gamemode but the commanders can set their own objectives, like maybe the attacking commander chooses his objectives and the defenders have to defend or something. I also think it would be cool if the armies started on the edges of the map or something that way they would have to rush to get the best strategic positions so in order to have an advantage over the enemy. Another gamemode could be a combination of all these to where the main objective is to just defeat the enemy army, that way commanders could set their own objectives and use their own strategy to deplete the enemy.