PDA

View Full Version : The Great War - An awesome channel.

Corporal Stender
02-13-2016, 04:57 AM
A hundred years ago, people were dying in their millions in a war that many hoped would be the "War to end all wars". Alas, that wasn't so.

This YouTube channel brings weekly updates, about what happened this week, a hundred years ago, during the so-called Great War. And much, much more.

I warmly recommoned this to anyone, with even a slight interest in that period of history.

Check it out, here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

Corporal Stender
02-13-2016, 04:58 AM
Oh, I meant to post this in the off-topic section. My bad. Could a moderator move it?

Landree
02-13-2016, 06:22 AM
I've seen a few of his videos. Good, but he just skims on the top of each of the topics. Nothing meaty like I'd like.

FakeMessiah27
02-13-2016, 10:52 AM
An excellent show indeed. Until I started watching it, the only image I had about the First World War was the typical, western front, trench warfare. But this channel shows that there was a lot more going on and that The Great War truly deserves to be called a "World War".

Brooklyn
02-13-2016, 02:45 PM
I really like it, but I have to agree with Landree. However you could make a whole series just on one offensive and it would take along time let alone a whole war if you spent enough time to go in depth on everything.

Bravescot
02-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Love this channel a lot.

(Moved to off-topic)

Corporal Stender
02-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Thank you, Bravescot.

As mentioned, the channel goes through the war, as it happened a 100 years ago. That means we will get weekly updates until november, 2018. That is a lot of work, I could imagine. The team behind the show also does Q&A episodes, if you want some more in-depth answers to a specific WW1 topic.

If you want to see a good documentary about WW1, I can recommend "The First World War" by BBC. It is a ten episodes documentary, which I have available on my YouTbe channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnYRvHH6jA

thomas aagaard
02-13-2016, 08:02 PM
Been following the channel since the war started... :-)