PDA

View Full Version : Weapon fouling/reload times

Legion
02-15-2016, 05:29 AM
During the kickstarter you mentioned that weapons will foul as you use them and eventually wont be able to use, so how will the soldiers get new weapons or unfoul their weapons? also will reload times increase as your weapons foul since fouling makes it harder to reload?

Challis89
02-15-2016, 06:41 AM
Well using water to unfoul them would be the best way, however during battle some soldiers would urinate down the barrel but it was a rare occurance as most soldiers would be dehydrated anyways and do it that way but I can't see that being implemented. A common mode was to dry clean the inside of the barrel using an eye attached to the ramrod that could hold some tow or a piece of cloth to wipe away residue however I don't know if that was done in battle but during a lull in the fighting it might be possible.
Have they not said it would take longer to reload as the chance of misfires increase?

Legion
02-15-2016, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure if they mention reload times, I didnt even think of misfires but i agree, as the fouling builds up there should be longer reloads and a chance for misfires.

Challis89
02-15-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure if they mention reload times, I didnt even think of misfires but i agree, as the fouling builds up there should be longer reloads and a chance for misfires.

I thought they did then again I've only seen that vid twice and was mostly gaping haha. I agree with that be screwed if the gun jams in combat as they could do.

Landree
02-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Wouldn't be a jam, per se, but just needing to put another cap on the weapon. If it's too bad, you'd take the breakdown/cleaning tool out of your cartridge box, take the nipple off, clean out the nipple with the prick, and screw it back on. Time consuming, yes, but helps.

Challis89
02-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Well it depends what kind of jam if the powders wet no amount of firing will get it to go. They did say there would be different weather. That's not a battlefield fix as they would have to drill it.

SemajRednaxela
02-15-2016, 07:22 PM
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=401573

R21
02-16-2016, 03:21 AM
I'm also curious how this will work and how far beyond just aesthetics it'll go.

The main thing i'm wondering is how much of an impact (if any) will it actually have if Players get a 'new' Gun every time they spawn. Like said in the thread about Character models getting dirty and it accumulating over an entire match regardless of respawns it could be an idea to do the same for Weapon fouling (meaning that 'Fresh' troops would have a slight buff over embattled ones with Weapons less likely to Misfire).

Legion
02-16-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm also wondering if barrel length will effect reload speed, I'm not saying it would increase by much but a shorter barrel should be quicker to load