PDA

View Full Version : 8th Virginia Infantry - Company F "Blue Mountain Boys" | Milsim

CaptFacePwn
02-27-2016, 02:35 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/mc7nsp.pnghttp://i67.tinypic.com/307updt.pnghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2008to8.png
The Bloody 8th needs you!

History

In May 1861, the Governor of Virginia, John Letcher granted Eppa Hunton the commission of Colonel and ordered him to raise a company of infantry from the Loudoun County area. Before the Battle of First Bull Run, the newly raised 8th Virginia was assigned to guard the numerous Potomac River crossings in Loudoun. The regiment fought in that battle to particular acclaim and then returned to Leesburg, where they were engaged in the Battle of Ball's Bluff in October 1861. In March 1862 the 8th was forced to leave Loudoun to participate in the Peninsula Campaign as part of Pickett's Brigade. After the Battle at Gaines' Mill in June, Col Hunton referred to his men whom he felt would go against any odds seemingly without counting the cost, as The Bloody Eighth, a term he would use from then on.1

In September 1862, the 8th briefly returned to Leesburg, following the Battle of Second Bull Run, in which they participated, on their way to the Maryland Campaign. The following year, they took part in Pickett's Charge during the Battle of Gettysburg. They remained with the Army of Northern Virginia throughout the remainder of the war, taking part in the Overland Campaign, Richmond-Petersburg Campaign and the Appomattox Campaign.

On April 6, 1865, the majority of the regiment was captured or killed at the Battle of Sayler's Creek. Those who escaped that battle were paroled 3 days later following Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.

Milsim

The 8th Virginia Infantry is comprised of Military Simulation players from around the world. Our origin takes up back to some of the original Call of Duty games and in to ArmA 3. We strive to find historically correct ranks, flags, banners, insignia, you name it. We have rank structure, study formations, and have drills. Please keep in mind that this is a milsim unit, not a casual clan. We go all out, or nothing at all.

Dodge the draft! Volunteer now!

We need every able bodied man to join the 8th Virginia Infantry! We are getting supplies together, setting up camp, and are ready to join the fight!

Enlist Here:

How to join

TeamSpeak: Up, but not ready
Company: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=1348

We have multiple ways of contact!

Join us in our steam group!: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheBloody8th
If you would like to volunteer, Click the "Volunteer Now" Below!

Copy and paste this in to a new response to this forum post..

Name:
Steam name:
Why do you want to volunteer?:
Infantry or Artillery?:

Finally, Join our steam group!

The ranking system will be based off of historically correct ranks and colors. This means that any blue rank will be Infantry and red will be artillery.

From lowest to highest..

Pvt
Cpl
Sgt
1stSgt
OSgt
QMSgt
SgtMaj

Officers

2ndLt
1stLt
Cpt
Maj
LtCol
Col
Gen

Dont worry if you dont know the abbreviations yet, you will learn all of this from us.

CaptFacePwn
02-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Placeholder

A. P. Hill
02-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Congrats and welcome to the CSA!

CaptFacePwn
02-27-2016, 02:55 PM
Congrats and welcome to the CSA!

Thank you! Glad to be here!

Skonchy
02-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Looks nice Cap :)

Sneaky Cheese
02-27-2016, 08:09 PM
I like the General Rank

Good Luck Felles!

CaptFacePwn
02-27-2016, 08:48 PM
I like the General Rank

Good Luck Felles!

Thank you!

We only have it in for expansion purposes. If for some reason we get to that size, then it will be used. It more than likely wont get to that point but still, id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Mississippi
02-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

CaptFacePwn
02-28-2016, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

thanks!

TeteRex
02-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Huzzah for the 8th Virginia Infantry!
LONG LIVE THE CONFEDERACY!

Skonchy
02-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Huzzah for the 8th Virginia Infantry!
LONG LIVE THE CONFEDERACY!

Huzzah!

CaptFacePwn
03-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Updated "How to join" information with website and teamspeak

Lepracon
03-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Welcome to the Confederacy!!!

Foxy
04-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Good luck Virginians! See you on the battlefield!

CaptFacePwn
06-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Still up and kicking!

Skonchy
06-03-2017, 02:14 AM
The last couple of days of Skirmishing has gotten me really excited for the future with y'all!

k9sniper6
04-01-2020, 12:53 AM
Name: Craig C
Do you have a mic?: yes
Steam name: k9sniper6
Why do you want to volunteer?: I am tired of gun based FPS games and am love milsim. I've been active in Xbox BF4 milsim for upwards of three years, and have been on arma milsims for around 3 months. I love the historical value of the civil war, and want to play with people who enjoy the same military structure and bearing of milsim.
Infantry or Artillery?: infantry