PDA

View Full Version : WW1 mod for RO2

R21
03-03-2016, 09:11 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636682012

This came out of the Blue, WW1 mod for RO2 that looks like it could be a bit of fun.

Soulfly
03-03-2016, 09:19 AM
more fun than Verdun (laggy piece of...), i know some of the guys who worked on that mod and their previous work (like IOM. I will definitely give it a try

R21
03-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I'm not a fan of Verdun either, the entire time I was playing it I was basically wishing it had mechanics as good as RO2'. They've got some alright ideas but don't execute them very well.

Simon445
03-03-2016, 10:44 AM
LOL, I just deleted RO2 because I didn't play it anymore.
Time to download it again, and glad I bought Rising Storm so I can play that mod lol.

As it seems you can't play it right now, because no maps.

R21
03-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Yeh, it is a bit weird that they've released the client but no Maps, I think ones due out soon though (next day or so).

Simon445
03-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Yeh, it is a bit weird that they've released the client but no Maps, I think ones due out soon though (next day or so).

Yea, it doesn't even appear in my Workshop thing in RO2

Moneyman12167
03-04-2016, 01:04 AM
more fun than Verdun (laggy piece of...), i know some of the guys who worked on that mod and their previous work (like IOM. I will definitely give it a try

I rarely see any ww1, Vietnam or Korean war based games in general. I'm at least happy that it exists! The mod for RO2 looks awesome!

Henronicus
03-05-2016, 01:11 AM
Just so you guys know, Verdun is a lot better now(at least it is in the closed beta) Practically no lag.

Legion
03-05-2016, 01:15 AM
Just so you guys know, Verdun is a lot better now(at least it is in the closed beta) Practically no lag.

I haven't had a chance to play it lately but I've never had any real problem with it. The new update on the 23 is gonna add alot of stuff and should fix some issues. I personally always liked Verdun.

Sgt.Kar98
03-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Even if Unreal engine is infinitely superior to Unity and RO2 mechanics are better then Verdun ones,I have to say that mod looks too related to RO2 in its current state (the trailer gives that idea right). Verdun is still more authentic to WWI.

But I definitely might give a try,even more if they add tanks and armored cars!

Legion
03-05-2016, 03:47 AM
too bad The Somme game died. It looked just like red orchestra but gave a ww1 feel

Landree
03-05-2016, 06:24 AM
WWI would've been great as a RO1 mod... RO2's mechanics are too unrealistic.

R21
03-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Even if Unreal engine is infinitely superior to Unity and RO2 mechanics are better then Verdun ones,I have to say that mod looks too related to RO2 in its current state (the trailer gives that idea right). Verdun is still more authentic to WWI.

I just don't like the feel of Verdun, it just feels really light weight and just rough. The Weapons aren't satisfying to use, the sound-work isn't that great and it just feels amateurish. The only thing I really like about it are the Maps, they're quite detailed and interesting.

I know what you're saying about that WW1 mod though, it's still too similar in Gameplay to RO2 to be considered anything greatly different, like the Map is just a flat-ish field with trenches either side + WW1 skins and Weapons ATM. I hope they look into adjusting Mechanics to make it more like this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/immersion-overhaul-mod

(Slowed movement, no Ironsight Zoom, better Weapon/supression sounds, Grenade Fragmentation along with a load of other changes)

And making some kind of unique Game-mode tailored to the Mod, like If they used Countdown, a mode that never gets used in RO2, as a base it'd be good in a WW1 setting as in limited lives to take one section of Trench rinse and repeat with sections being taken and lost throughout the Match.

The main problem with RO2 mods though is unless there's a big publicity push behind them and they get made official Player numbers die off quickly so thats definitely something Verdun has.