PDA

View Full Version : War of Rights VS Flying Squirell Entertainment

Sir_FranzTheGentlemen
03-06-2016, 10:25 PM
So I have a question:

I did not know AT ALL that Flying Squirrel Entertainment (The creators of Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars) was also making a civil war game. Did Campfire games already know this? What do you guys think about this?

I personally think that war of rights looks SO much better graphics and gameplay wise than Flying Squirrel Entertainment's, "Battlecry of Freedom."

I'm also VERY worried that more people know about Battlecry of Freedom more than War of Rights. I want War of Rights to be the more played, as Battlecry of Freedom looks like a reskin of Napoleonic Wars. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

Here is the concept art of Battlecry of Freedom:
http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/media.html

And here is the forum:
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?board=1.0

TrustyJam
03-06-2016, 10:52 PM
/Moved to off topic.

And yes, we know. They announced their project a few months after we announced ours. :)

- Trusty

Johnnyboy
03-07-2016, 12:55 AM
Well my friend is doing the closed alpha for BCoF and he says its the EXACT same thing from Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars. Same Melee mechanics etc.

Adrian.K.Olsen
03-07-2016, 12:56 AM
why would they release another DLC for warband when bannerlord is just around the corner....I mean is anyone willing to pay 20 euros for what is basically a N&S ripoff

David Dire
03-07-2016, 01:02 AM
It actually seems to be quite a bit better mechanically and gameplay wise than both N&S and NW. Though I'd still take WoR over it anyday.

crazychester1247
03-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Well WoR has 10'000 likes on facebook so when the game comes out and its good that's the amount of people who will probably be playing at release. Plus all the press should add more. BCoF hasn't received much attention as it's just a reskin of NW.

BloodBeag
03-07-2016, 07:26 AM
It's actually it's own stand alone game and on the unity engine. But it looks really bad

Bravescot
03-07-2016, 08:02 AM
BCoF went dark on their backers for over a year. Most people have walked away from it in anger.

Soulfly
03-07-2016, 08:30 AM
It's actually it's own stand alone game and on the unity engine. But it looks really bad

<sarcasm>I am loving that engine since Verdun </sarcasm> Actually i wish them best of luck with their project, though i dont hope that this develop to a camp fight like Call of Duty vs Battlefield or whatever...i think WoR is on a really good way ;)

Hinkel
03-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Every new game featureing the american civil war is a win for all those civil war lovers and reenactors out there.
But its obvious that both games aim for a very different gameplay and graphic direction. So its definatly not possible to compare both games and people should try to stop comparing them ;)

Sir_FranzTheGentlemen
03-07-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, your thoughts, and opinions everyone!

:D

R21
03-08-2016, 12:18 AM
WOR seems to be way more popular even though it's a really Niche Game, I think they might have bitten off more than they can chew with that Battle Cry Freedom Game (Massive Player Numbers, Full on destruction system for all buildings, massive Map) I hope they do well as on paper it sounds good and if they come close to what they're trying to do it could be an interesting alternative to WOR.

LTC Philip A. Work
03-11-2016, 03:42 PM
To me it's a difference in realism. Although I will give BCoF a try.

Willy The Walrus
03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
BCoF went dark on their backers for over a year. Most people have walked away from it in anger.

Holy shit nice avatar dude

Celt
03-11-2016, 08:59 PM
War of Rights looks like it has much better graphics
War of Rights will be on steam much sooner
I'm not sure if BCF will be DLC or Standalone but if it's DLC it'll just be viewed as a dressed up Napoleonic wars.

Seems like WoR has the advantages.

Bravescot
03-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Holy shit nice avatar dude

Thank you very much :D