PDA

View Full Version : Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

MadWolf
03-10-2016, 10:59 AM
How else is interested in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qUNzSgJ86g

R21
03-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Looking forward to it a lot, i'm genuinely interested to see how it turns out with everyone having Semi auto/Automatic Weapons and the focus on A-symmetry.

Hinkel
03-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Super hot!

I am a fan of the Red orchestra series since their alpha! Of course they have my support :)

Mi'kmaq
03-10-2016, 03:23 PM
:0 looks awesome

LTC Philip A. Work
03-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Yesh, but I would rather see an Emu War mod.

Soulfly
03-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Super hot!

I am a fan of the Red orchestra series since their alpha! Of course they have my support :)

Really ? even now ? RO2 was a huge disappointment for me, especially that their support for the game didnt turn out as expected

Moneyman12167
03-11-2016, 09:01 PM
I saw it at E3 PC gaming show and I almost died! I love RO1 & 2 and would not hesitate to buy it!

Legion
03-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Looks interesting but what's with the camo pants? They didn't start using that type of camo until the 80s

Moneyman12167
03-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Looks interesting but what's with the camo pants? They didn't start using that type of camo until the 80s

They actually had that camo in Vietnam. The USMC had them alot. http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=USA

In 1948, the US Army Engineer Research and Development Laboratory (ERDL) designed a general purpose jungle camouflage consisting of mid-brown & grass green organic shapes with black "branches" on a lime green background. This pattern, often copied and still in usage today by other nations, is generally referred to as the ERDL camouflage pattern. Initially shelved, the pattern was revived again for testing in 1962, and several hundred ERDL tropical combat uniforms were sent to Vietnam for evaluation by USARV in 1966 [1]. Beginning in 1967, ERDL camouflage tropical uniforms began seeing service with reconnaissance and Special Forces personnel deployed to Vietnam. The uniforms were also highly favored by the US Marines, and were obtained in limited quantities by Australian and New Zealand special forces teams deployed there. Personal accounts from veterans and personnel from the postwar period suggest the uniforms were often referred to as "leaf" pattern and even as "flower power" jungle fatigues. The original ERDL pattern was predominantly green printed on a cotton poplin fabric; later versions were printed in a new "ripstop" poplin fabric. The green dominant design has often been labeled a "lowlands" pattern, referring to its suitability as camouflage in the lush, lowland regions of Southest Asia. Some collectors also refer to the ERDL design (as well as all of its many derivatives) as "leaf" pattern camouflage, usually as a differentiation from woodland pattern designs. Notable to the original ERDL camouflage is the fact that printing was often inconsistent, with rollers frequently experiencing slippages that resulted in overprinting of one or more colors in the pattern, leaving a shadow-like outline to many of the shapes in the design. As a result, several variations can be observed in fabric batches produced over the years.

JaegerCoyote
03-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Also you had the famous Tiger Stripe.

-Mitchell-
03-12-2016, 12:00 AM
Definitely looking forward to this :cool:

Legion
03-12-2016, 02:54 AM
They actually had that camo in Vietnam. The USMC had them alot. http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=USA

Never knew that they used that type of camo during nam, always thought that it wasn't used till the 80s.

Cube210
03-12-2016, 03:56 AM
I'm hype for it.

M16 is mai raifu.

Started in the army with an A2 now I have an A4 :D

Kinda wish they did a veteran thing. Like we'd get an M1 Garand or even our old Thompson. They were still floating around arms rooms so it's not that far fetched.

R21
03-12-2016, 04:34 AM
I was thinking along the same lines (whether the Vietcong will get Russian Weapons like PPSH' and Mosins) and whether they'll just be direct rips from RO2 or re-modelled and re-animated. I'm hoping they get re-modelled and re-animated with some new sounds, I don't know why but it'd just feel cheap if they ported them straight over.

Pvt.Scott
03-12-2016, 11:48 PM
I just don't want to be on the other side of that bomb.

And I am already hiped for Insurgency: Sandstorm. I just got a Ps4.

Henronicus
03-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Yesh, but I would rather see an Emu War mod.

I assume you mean the Great Emu War of 1932?

Sgt.Kar98
03-13-2016, 05:57 AM
What are the factions on RS2? US army or USMC vs Vietcongs or the NVA?

Duffy
03-13-2016, 06:24 AM
Really looking forward to this. I used to love playing Battlefield Vietnam, loved flying around blaring music in a Huey.

Legion
03-13-2016, 07:29 AM
What are the factions on RS2? US army or USMC vs Vietcongs or the NVA?

Based off the trailer I can't really tell, they show the battle of hue city but the USMC, US Army, NVA, and Vietcong all fought there so maybe they'll have all of them