PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a company?

Prinz
03-15-2016, 12:18 AM
Hey,

I thought that it might benefit us all if we compile what we look for in a regiment/company. This can benefit us all as it gives all the newly formed companies an idea of how we can create a sustainable and enjoyable platform for our groups and the game itself.

Please post ya'll's thoughts and not only does it benefit the company leaders it benefits you guys because hopefully we'll listen and change to SOME of the things ya'll have to say.

Thanks a bunch

23rd North Carolina Co. A. Sgt B.Chris

Bravescot
03-15-2016, 08:10 AM
A mature, loyal and happy community of men and women who know when the time for fun is and when the time for action is.

crazychester1247
03-15-2016, 08:12 AM
A mature, loyal and happy community of men and women who know when the time for fun is and when the time for action is.

That is exactly what I like in a company.

CaptFacePwn
03-15-2016, 03:07 PM
i agree with bravescot. I also look for a good forum, a good website that explains who they are and what they do. i feel like if they put in enough time to make the website and forum look good, they will put in time to make the unit look good as a whole.

also voice communication and a unit who isnt afraid to setup events with other people. thats what i personally look for.

RhettVito
03-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Mature ,Loyal Historical accurate, Company that use all historical rank commands and formations that's what a good regiment for War of Rights needs to be like. This is not NW or N&S mod no more this is a lot more hardcore gamers for War of Rights so hopefully most if not all will use more of the 2 rank formations and have them set up correct 2 ranks lb for WoR . Now that's going to be very scary to look at a line coming up to you and not to forget this is all 1st person.

Mississippi
03-15-2016, 06:48 PM

+1!

FakeMessiah27
03-15-2016, 07:02 PM
I totally agree with Bravescot (big surprise, coming from someone from the same company). A company should strife to recreate an atmosphere of real life soldiering, but at the same time know when it's time to relax and have a laugh.

Overall, time spend with a company should be worthwhile.

Challis89
03-15-2016, 10:25 PM
I look for a fun hardworking and top rate community spirt the same as the star citizen org I'm in we have people from all over Europe and Canada playing well together some of which will play WoR once it's out amd squad. The org leaders kept us low in numbers being selective on who joins to make sure they have the Right attitude.
I also look for a company with some maturity about them that doesn't think racism or bigotry is acceptable something I've found in some regiments in another game.

SemajRednaxela
03-16-2016, 12:52 AM
I totally agree with Bravescot (big surprise, coming from someone from the same company). A company should strife to recreate an atmosphere of real life soldiering, but at the same time know when it's time to relax and have a laugh.

Overall, time spend with a company should be worthwhile.

Completely agree with all above mentioned.

Especially that time spent should be worthwhile. There's nothing more tedious than an inefficient and dithering officers and ncos that are only in positions of authority for effectivly non reasons.

Also, that all individuals within companies should know when to switch on and off whilst in game and how to communicate concisely and In a mature manner with fellow gamers.

We should all be very proud to represent the chaps that fought and in many cases died in this conflict. I sincerely hope it'll be very obvious facing the enemy on the field if they're a professional, drilled and cohesive outfit quickly enough....

Pvt.Scott
03-16-2016, 01:25 AM
I agree. That's exactly how I want my regiment to play like.

Challis89
03-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Especially that time spent should be worthwhile. There's nothing more tedious than an inefficient and dithering officers and ncos that are only in positions of authority for effectivly non reasons.

Agreed That to me is a big reason not to join a company especially when you know they have that rank either as a reward for being in the reg and making them feel good or because of mates rates.

David Dire
03-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Completely agree with all above mentioned.

Building off that, a company which doesn't completely obsess over historical accuracy and perfect formations is also something I like. Efficiency over looks.

Example: My NW regiment doesn't even form square. We form circle. It's easier and it works.

Bravescot
03-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Yeah but the square in NW has been proven to do nothing against cavalry.

Legion
03-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah but the square in NW has been proven to do nothing against cavalry.

Then why did they use it?

Bravescot
03-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Then why did they use it?

In NW the game.......

Legion
03-17-2016, 08:52 AM
In NW the game.......

Oh, I thought you meant irl.

Skipper
03-17-2016, 09:31 AM
I am joining an artillery regiment so I don't just want to play but want to learn something about artillery of that timeperiod. Also I hope that i could play with my german colleagues :D

After all we all want to have fun at what we are doing but with this friendly community we have I think this will be a great game.

Remember!: Respect your enemy and your enemy will respect you :)

David Dire
03-17-2016, 10:51 AM
I think it can be defeated, but it still helps a lot. (Forming square)

Locke1740
03-17-2016, 11:31 AM
I am joining an artillery regiment so I don't just want to play but want to learn something about artillery of that timeperiod. Also I hope that i could play with my german colleagues :D

After all we all want to have fun at what we are doing but with this friendly community we have I think this will be a great game.

Remember!: Respect your enemy and your enemy will respect you :)

For artillery you could go with the SC German Artillery

Duffy
03-21-2016, 11:43 PM
A mature group who realizes that the we have lives outside of the virtual world. An active forum, teamspeak channel and a good knowledge of the history of whatever unit they happen to be portraying.

MadWolf
03-24-2016, 08:42 AM
1: Fun.
2: A mature group (not a fan of gaming with kido's).
3: No Trolls.
4: RL First ( I have a job and friends you know :p)
5: No Drama.

Just the simple things.

CJ1515g
03-24-2016, 09:01 AM
What I look for in a good gaming regiment is good leadership first and foremost important. Like in all thing's having a bad or good leader makes or breaks the unit. So a good leader is a must. Something I love to see in a leader is them not being afraid to kick someone from the group for rule breaking. Second if I join a gaming group for a war game I want the best mil-sim experience as possible in whatever war game it is.

Hairywarhero
03-24-2016, 10:26 AM
I look for Cocaine and Hookers

FakeMessiah27
03-24-2016, 10:42 AM

We know you do....

crazychester1247
03-24-2016, 11:39 AM
I coudn't find a perfect company. So I made my own company, with blackjack and hookers!:cool::p

Pvt.Scott
03-25-2016, 05:09 PM

Oh God!

Prinz
03-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I hope we can all resolve as officers and NCOs to strive to create a fun yet competitive atmosphere in War of Rights.

Beanbomb
03-30-2016, 04:00 PM
When I tried joining a regiment in North and South, I had to leave because real life usually got in the way of events and drill. So basically, I want a group thats mature, historically accurate, but doesn't get angry when I can't show up for an event. (especially if it's a large group)

Isolation
03-30-2016, 09:54 PM

Exactly what I look for

Hairywarhero
03-31-2016, 01:56 PM
Exactly what I look for

Bullshit Cocaine and Hookers is the way forward