PDA

View Full Version : EVE: Online

Jamez
03-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Anyone else here a fan of EVE or is currently following the war starting against Imperium? This war is building up quickly.

Watching these engagements on twitch are making me want to resub and join in. Probably not the best idea to get addicted again before exams come round.

TrustyJam
03-30-2016, 11:40 PM
Been playing EVE on and off since 07. Never REALLY got into the thick of it though. :)

- Trusty

Jamez
03-30-2016, 11:50 PM
I started back in 2013 and played for awhile, I always enjoyed the solo PvP in the game since it had such a high skill ceiling. No other game has made my blood pump as EVE did.

I did take part in some fleet battles before I stopped playing but they only reached 100 players. Nothing like this weekend's 4000 player battle.

crazychester1247
03-31-2016, 12:05 AM
SPREADSHEETS... IN... SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:p

Please don't kill me.

Jamez
03-31-2016, 12:11 AM
SPREADSHEETS... IN... SPACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:p

Please don't kill me.

Actually I did have spreadsheets on excel which collected all the data from the markets for me and told me which item I should buy and sell to make the most profit for me, made a fair amount of money doing that :P

crazychester1247
03-31-2016, 12:28 AM
Actually I did have spreadsheets on excel which collected all the data from the markets for me and told me which item I should buy and sell to make the most profit for me, made a fair amount of money doing that :P

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Jamez
03-31-2016, 01:02 AM
Okay sure the market trading consists of spreadsheets but it is very competitive and you have to stay on top. The PvP side is incredible to be a part of.

Legion
03-31-2016, 01:44 AM
I used to play, but I don't have the money to get back into it.

Jamez
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
Money is one of the reasons I don't play anymore, I never did create enough income in-game to play for free.

Hatchmo
03-31-2016, 03:19 PM
I started playing Eve as a beta tester. It's been about two years since I last played though. Seems a waste to have my carrier full of T2 and T3 ships sitting there unused.

Jamez
03-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I started playing Eve as a beta tester. It's been about two years since I last played though. Seems a waste to have my carrier full of T2 and T3 ships sitting there unused.

You could always donate it to the needy

I am probably a year off flying a carrier if I actually trained for it D: and then of course there is affording to fly one.

Hatchmo
03-31-2016, 07:23 PM
Being able to fly one and being able to fly one well are two different things. You need more than the minimum skill set. Otherwise a carrier is easy to pop. I could fly and afford a Dread but I never bothered training to do it well so I never got one. I also have a few bill isk just laying around.

Jamez
03-31-2016, 07:35 PM
Being able to fly one and being able to fly one well are two different things. You need more than the minimum skill set. Otherwise a carrier is easy to pop. I could fly and afford a Dread but I never bothered training to do it well so I never got one. I also have a few bill isk just laying around.

Yeah I know that I am still lacking a lot of core fleet skills, most of my skill points have all been put into for solo frigate PvP which I enjoyed doing a lot.

Jamez
04-01-2016, 07:23 PM
If anyone is interested a very large battle is about to happen any minute now. Right now there is about 1000 people on both sides.

https://www.twitch.tv/zarvoxtoral

Hatchmo
04-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of server lag to me. Lol

Jamez
04-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a lot of server lag to me. Lol

The servers have been preforming well recently with the last one having 3500 in local at one time. CCP said the node was using about 38gb of ram

crazychester1247
04-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Bump!!! I've heard tell that theirs a big space war going on in EVE. Should I make a new account and start playing again or will the war be over before I can participate in it due to the grind? Opinions, suggestions anyone.

Jamez
04-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Bump!!! I've heard tell that theirs a big space war going on in EVE. Should I make a new account and start playing again or will the war be over before I can participate in it due to the grind? Opinions, suggestions anyone.

Right now the war is just a grind. Imperium have switched their timers to AU to slow down their loss of sov. The chance for imperium to put up an actual fight is pretty much gone with them losing more and more alliances. You can still join in on the skirmishes which are going on all around that area after just being subbed for a few days. But don't expect large battles.

LTC Philip A. Work
04-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Spreadsheets THE GAME (although I can't say much because I play the shit out of HOI3)

crazychester1247
04-20-2016, 03:34 AM
Right now the war is just a grind. Imperium have switched their timers to AU to slow down their loss of sov. The chance for imperium to put up an actual fight is pretty much gone with them losing more and more alliances. You can still join in on the skirmishes which are going on all around that area after just being subbed for a few days. But don't expect large battles.

So the generic evil space empire fell apart at the first sign of resistance? Boringest... space war... EVER.

On the other hand the power vaccum left by the fall of the generic evil space empire might cause a lot of excitement as the victors begin fighting for the spoils. So I might start playing again anyway. If the spreadsheets don't kill me first. :P

Jamez
04-20-2016, 07:42 AM
So the generic evil space empire fell apart at the first sign of resistance? Boringest... space war... EVER.

On the other hand the power vaccum left by the fall of the generic evil space empire might cause a lot of excitement as the victors begin fighting for the spoils. So I might start playing again anyway. If the spreadsheets don't kill me first. :P

It hasn't fallen apart yet. But they are losing so badly right now and will probably continue to for the rest of the war.

There will definitely be a large free for all when the dust settles since the coalition fighting Imperium right now is just a collection of alliance with the only thing in common is they hate Imperium more than they hate each other.