PDA

View Full Version : Star Citizen

O'Donovan
03-31-2016, 01:52 AM
I see someone has started an Eve Online thread. I was curious as to how many future Star Citizens we have here.

LINK (http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/)

The game is about to have the first pieces of the persistent universe brought online. It's still in Alpha, but features are being added left and right. This sh*t's gettin' REAL! :) If you haven't seen SC (Star Citizen) yet, visit the website. If you haven't been there lately, stop by and catch up on everything. There are literally hundreds of videos and articles, from Q&A to lore to game mechanics to ships to...to...to...*head explodes* Cloud Imperium (the company behind SC) is THE most transparent company ever, as far as what's going on day by day and week by week at each of their offices. The backers (players, fans) really are part of the team. And before anyone says "feature bloat," I say "you betcha!" Every time CR (Chris Roberts) got enough money to think about adding more features to the game, he asked if we wanted them. Every time, we screamed MOAR! ;) and said, "Shut up and take our money!" Take a guy like CR (maker of the Wing Commander series, Privateer, and other games), give him $100 million, and tell him to make the game he's always dreamed of making. You get the BDSSE (best d*mned space sim, EVER).

I have no connection with Cloud Imperium other than being a fan and a backer of SC. I've been involved since I first pledged, during the Kickstarter campaign in October 2012. I have never regretted, for one single minute, the time I've spent watching this extraordinary project come to life. You'll find me on the SC forums as ODonovan and on Yahoo! Messenger (chat) as odonovan_starcitizen. I'll see you...in the 'verse!

-Irish

Pvt.Scott
03-31-2016, 01:56 AM
If I got star citizen my computer would die. and go up in flames. Its probably 122GB. Download will complete in 8 days. :(

Legion
03-31-2016, 02:11 AM
Star Citizen looks promising but I wonder if it's going to be as complex as eve? I like complexity in games so that's one of the things I would like to have.

Jamez
03-31-2016, 07:15 AM
I haven't pledged yet but I have been following the game and do hope they follow up with all the promise they have made to their backers .

Jagdmann
03-31-2016, 08:49 AM
I gave Chris the one and the other shirt already as a backer. Wing Commander was about the first video game I ever played (or can remember^^) and it was simply amazing what Chris did with the WC series for the whole game industry. Thats why he only needed to say "folks I give you the best I can if you believe in me" And yes I AM A BELIEVER! See you in the ´verse!

...and the outskirts of Antietam for sure!

thomas aagaard
03-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Backed it on kickstarter... for the single player SQ42...

MadWolf
03-31-2016, 02:17 PM
I Backed it its looking really awesome.

PGT Beauregard
04-16-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm a backer of this title also. It hasn't disappointed me yet. Like WoR it is breaking new ground which is always a very good thing.

Challis89
04-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Great to see people talking about this game i love it.

Been a backer not quite as long as you donovan however i first pledged Aug 2, 2013 and have since upgraded my i300 to a freelancer and bought a saber. Struggling not to want to pledge more money and get a carrack tho. Recently got into a small professional mature Org in december with some mates and a decent community has grown since then, most are wanting to come play WoR as well as a few other games.

Dont know if anyone agrees but everything down to the lore is amazing and they are stretching gaming to its max then breaking those boundaries.

What ships you got Donovan?

CybrSlydr
04-16-2016, 08:16 PM
I pledged back during the original crowd-funding campaign.

Rithal
04-17-2016, 02:30 AM
I installed the game recently due to it being free for a week. Looking at what is in place currently, it will be very good. I will however be waiting until the experience is more complete before buying it. :)

Sir Doctor Professor
04-17-2016, 05:16 AM
I installed the game recently due to it being free for a week. Looking at what is in place currently, it will be very good. I will however be waiting until the experience is more complete before buying it. :)

That sounds like a good plan as after missing several development deadlines, the release date may be considerably further back than was previously projected. On top of that, if they try to rush the release, which will likely be pushed in 2017 when they've clearly failed to deliver, the game will probably be of very poor quality (as far as feature development, optimization, and stability goes) and waiting to see if they properly repair that would be sensible. I for one already made the mistake of pledging in the crowdfunding campaign, but I'd encourage others to wait to purchase anything from RSI (I know I probably sound rather redundant by now but I really think it's important to stress that waiting this out may be the best idea). Switching subjects, I'd like to see a truly player driven environment in the game. Anyway, what would you guys like to see in Star Citizen (I mean aside from what they've already incorporated into the game or officially planned)?

Challis89
04-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Well for the doubters over the next few patches persistence will be coming in with a lot of the main features such as trading, mining and exploring and re fuling. I was getting pretty worried about the game but since Xmas things have been moving at a more professional pace and the character and ship graphics are now amazing.

Sir Doctor Professor
04-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Well for the doubters over the next few patches persistence will be coming in with a lot of the main features such as trading, mining and exploring and re fuling. I was getting pretty worried about the game but since Xmas things have been moving at a more professional pace and the character and ship graphics are now amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I think they'll pull it off, I'm just not sure how soon though.

Challis89
04-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think they'll pull it off, I'm just not sure how soon though.

Well with persistance out soon once the base of the games done and those main features will be out over the next 3-4 patchs they have said they will continue to expand on the PU Stanton system increasing it as they go most estimates are next summer for full release tho. As for the Single player its nearly done apparently just needs tested and while they wont say what for they are looking for people to sign on as testers with non disclosure acts. I do like the weekly update tho even if they have little to report shows the games moving and what ideas they are working on.

Cowboy10uk
04-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Hi there fellow citizens, I've been following Star Citizen since 2012, golden ticket, holder and I've pledged way way way too much money for it. ;) I love what Chris Roberts is trying to do, Yes it is very ambitious, Yes there will be gameplay elements that wil not make it into the final game, and yes it still won't be out for a good few years yet.

However if he delivers on just half of what he says, it will be amazing, I've been lucky to visit Foundry 42 twice now, and both times I came away with a huge sense of pride and contentment that these guys mean business and will do their best to deliver, they are passionant about bringing us the BDSSE.

In the mean time, while we wait for Sqn 42 and the verse to turn up, you will find me sat relaxing in my Starfarer, and maybe popping across to the 19th Century for some Civil war action. ;)

See you all in the verse

Cowboy10uk

Challis89
04-21-2016, 05:39 PM
You lucky devil cowboy would love to visit their studios haha. I agree it is ambitious that's what i like about it however CR wants this game to be huge and last so it will always be supported.

LTC Philip A. Work
04-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Pledged the kickstarter, can't wait until it releases in 2024

arpbarker
04-25-2016, 01:44 PM
you can play it already. ive been playing it for months. Alpha of course.

its great, takes a lot of power. but its great.