PDA

View Full Version : War of Rights - Patch Notes

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Fancy Sweetroll
12-08-2016, 06:19 AM
It's time for another update!

December 8th - Update 33 (released)

With this build, we've started compiling our own shaders for the game which in the near future will greatly reduce stuttering. With this build it may already be running more smoothly for some of you. For others it may run worse. You should also expect loading times to be a little longer with this build. But the more people we get to try the game with this build, the better the next build will be. This should make it so that if somebody spawns as a flag bearer or any other class, the game shouldnt stutter for x amount of seconds at all and in general improve the game experience.

- Freelook camera moves in a more realistic way in first person
- New playable units, 5th Virginia and 8th Ohio
- Extra variations to characters
- The camera will no longer tilt while turning when just moving at the Quicktime speed
- Reduced headbobbing a little while moving
- Muzzleloaders can now be dropped on the ground by pressing J and will make the player change to a new unarmed animation set (muzzleloaders can be picked up again by pressing F)
- Both the servers and the clients should have improved performance when there's 30+ players on at the same time

RhettVito
12-08-2016, 06:34 AM

With this build, we've started compiling our own shaders for the game which in the near future will greatly reduce stuttering. With this build it may already be running more smoothly for some of you. For others it may run worse. You should also expect loading times to be a little longer with this build. But the more people we get to try the game with this build, the better the next build will be. This should make it so that if somebody spawns as a flag bearer or any other class, the game shouldnt stutter for x amount of seconds at all and in general improve the game experience.

- The camera will no longer tilt while turning when just moving at the Quicktime speed
- Muzzleloaders can now be dropped on the ground by pressing J and will make the player change to a new unarmed animation set (muzzleloaders can be picked up again by pressing F)
- Both the servers and the clients should have improved performance when there's 30+ players on at the same time

Thanks for the update

Macliness
12-08-2016, 06:40 AM

Hey fancy is there anyway you can show us the variation on the troops?

-Mac

JaegerCoyote
12-08-2016, 06:48 AM
8th Ohio, that regiment did some hard fighting at the wagon road.

RhettVito
12-08-2016, 07:25 AM
8th Ohio, that regiment did some hard fighting at the wagon road.

In early September 1862, what had been Kimball's Brigade became the First Brigade, Third Division, Second Corps. Made up of the old comrades-in-arms of the 4th and 8th Ohio, 14th Ind. and 7th (West) Va., this brigade would remain basically unchanged for the next 18 months. The only time these 4 regiments would not serve as a unit was in the upcoming Sharpsburg Campaign. The 4th Ohio was on detached duty and was replaced by the 132nd Pa. Until now, other than the Valley battles in May and June, the regiment had seen little serious fighting. They were about to make up for lost time.

When Gen. Lee invaded the North in September the Union army moved out to stop him, if possible. Due to the losing of an important order by one of Lee's sides, the Southern army was forced to cease its northward movement and consolidate around the small town of Sharpsburg on the banks of Antietem Creek.

At the battle of Antietem the 8th fought in Gen. French's division near the center of the Union line, around the Roulette farm and into the sunken road. After a standoff fight of several hours the divisions of French and Richardson made another effort to drive the Rebels out of their entrenchments in the sunken road, now known as the "Bloody Lane." As the attack developed a gap opened between the two divisions. The Confederate commander on this part of the field, D. H. Hill, not a man to let such an opportunity go by, pushed a force of infantry into the gap. The danger to the Union line was immediately apparent; a Confederate force on the right flank and the prospect of being "scooped up in five minutes."(1)

The 14th Ind. and 8th Ohio, the two right flank companies of the brigade, executed a change of front, left wing forward, to meet this threat. Now facing the attacking Confederates, the two companies laid down a heavy fire, and after a brief but vicious fight, drove them back to their original lines. Gen. Kimball in his official report says of this episode, "The Fourteenth Indiana and Eighth Ohio, in the change of front which saved our right, executed it as veterans and only as brave men could"(3)

After a fierce struggle, during which the 8th was forced to replenish its ammunition from the cartridge boxes of the dead and wounded, Hill's troops were driven from the "Bloody Lane" and pushed back onto the rise behind it. This ended the serious fighting on this part of the field; the Rebel line was too weak to mount an offensive, the Union line too weak to maintain theirs.

Even though the 8th had nearly 50% casualties it fought bravely through 4 hours of heavy action. The entire brigade was given the sobriquet "Gibralter Brigade" by the Corps commander Maj. Gen. E. V. Sumner in recognition of its unwavering fighting at Antietem.

From http://www.cwreenactors.com/history.htm

Leifr
12-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Excellent! It seems as though you're making fantastic progress in all things foundation-building.

Hinkel
12-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Hey fancy is there anyway you can show us the variation on the troops?

-Mac

I just changed some variations for different regiments. For example, I added sack coats to the Iron Brigade :)

Tenford
12-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Thanks!!

Kyle422
12-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the update everything is awesome!!!!! Love the new units

James Kipler
12-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Sounds great! Thank you all for the hard work and dedication put into every update.

Hatchmo
12-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Thank's for the hard work DEV team! Can't wait for more!

A. P. Hill
12-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to get home and try it out on my pos computer. ;)

Any idea when we might get mouse wheel zoom feature on inspection views?, I'd like to zoom in and check me out.

LTC Philip A. Work
12-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the hard work gentlemen!

Lance Rawlings
12-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Looking forward to putting this one to the test! Keep up the good work!

[WoR] Kiff
12-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Really excited!

Lance Rawlings
12-08-2016, 09:05 PM
I absolutely love the new update! The freelook is so much better now and I like the option to drop your rifle (certainly will be funny when someone hits it on accident :) ). We tried to remake the scene from The Patriot when Mel has a bunch of loaded rifles laying by trees and keeps up a heavy fire, but for most of the time we were not able to aim a rifle we had just picked up.

Will we be able to stack arms eventually? I just thought of this since we are now able to leave our rifles somewhere. Keep up the good work!

TrustyJam
12-08-2016, 09:40 PM
I absolutely love the new update! The freelook is so much better now and I like the option to drop your rifle (certainly will be funny when someone hits it on accident :) ). We tried to remake the scene from The Patriot when Mel has a bunch of loaded rifles laying by trees and keeps up a heavy fire, but for most of the time we were not able to aim a rifle we had just picked up.

Will we be able to stack arms eventually? I just thought of this since we are now able to leave our rifles somewhere. Keep up the good work!

There is currently an issue that can happen when picking up a rifle. You basically have to wait the reload time (20ish seconds) before you can aim it.

Stack arms is not currently planned, no.

- Trusty

Lance Rawlings
12-08-2016, 09:42 PM
There is currently an issue that can happen when picking up a rifle. You basically have to wait the reload time (20ish seconds) before you can aim it.

Stack arms is not currently planned, no.

- Trusty

Ah, ok! Thank you for the insight.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Time for another update :)

December 10th - Update 34 (released)

- The shaders you've sent in over the last few days are included in this build so new players dont have to compile those shaders, causing their game to freeze while they are being compiled.
- Sometimes characters would be changing animations all the time causing the game to lag. Most of those cases have been removed, improving performance.
- If you dropped a loaded weapon and picked it up again, you wouldnt be able to aim it right away. Now you can aim it immediately after it's been picked up.
- Fixed an issue where picking up a weapon with a bayonet attached would cause the weapon model to dissapear from your hands.
- Attacking in melee mode works again.

Andee
12-10-2016, 09:18 AM
- Attacking in melee mode works again.

aw yiss

Leifr
12-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Perfect!
Will the shaders still be compiled and updated over time?

Relativ
12-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Best Birthdaypresent ever :D Is started to recompile after every Restart

TrustyJam
12-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Perfect!
Will the shaders still be compiled and updated over time?

Yep.:)

- Trusty

Kyle422
12-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Sweet, gonna try everything when I get home. Have a deer calling my name in these woods somewhere

A. P. Hill
12-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Darn, another update, and here I sit in the dealership getting my pickup serviced.

On a different note. Last night I was in game and "jettisoned" my weapon and picked a couple others. I was not able to reload them for shooting. The hammer would cock, and it would dry fire, but never could charge them. I tried to do this with at least 5 weapons.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Darn, another update, and here I sit in the dealership getting my pickup serviced.

On a different note. Last night I was in game and "jettisoned" my weapon and picked a couple others. I wasnot able to reload them for shooting. The hammer would cock, and it would dry fire, but never could charge them. I tried to do this with at least 5 weapons.

That issue should be fixed in this build :)

Lance Rawlings
12-10-2016, 02:58 PM
YES! Now we can re-attempt our Mel Gibson "That Patriot" experiment!

James Dixon
12-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Yes! Melee again need it for mock skirmishes.

Andee
12-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Shaders and lighting are looking great! Even on medium settings :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/bKcSJ5E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IW9RxHo.jpg

Fancy Sweetroll
12-12-2016, 02:45 PM
December 12th - Update 35 (released)

http://i.imgur.com/0u3jwIf.jpg

- Replaced the soldier icon with text that pops up each time you activate an action. Press T to temporarily activate the overview. An example of it can be seen above. It should also be much more reliable than the previous icon.
- Sometimes, players may have entered a state where they kept changing animations every frame which were very costly on the fps. This should no longer happen.
- When the player switched to the Inspector Camera or respawned and the camera faded to black, it would sometimes be the case that the camera wouldnt fade back in again. This is fixed.
- The backpacks for both sides have recieved some updates to their LODs.

Lance Rawlings
12-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Love it! Downloading now...

A. P. Hill
12-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Drat!

Another update and I am away from my home PC!

Have you guys hacked my schedule or something? ;)

FakeMessiah27
12-12-2016, 04:19 PM
That new text looks very nice indeed!

Leifr
12-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Great work chaps, I applaud any and all endeavours towards improving performance for large groups of players.

MK81
12-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Gotta say, very impressed with the quantity and regularity of updates for both performance and gameplay. Well done CFG team. If you keep the rate of update releases at this rate I'll be even more impressed.

I don't want to mention the 'S' word, but hope that a release that includes actual combat is very close. Would the melee system need to be ironed out beforehand for you CFG folk to be happy to release an update of this kind?

Either way, pat on the back for each of you.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-13-2016, 11:23 AM
It's time for another update/hotfix, this time fixing an issue from yesterdays update.

December 13th - Update 36 (released)

- Voice chat works again
- Improved the transitions between all animations and emotes

Alexander Greene
12-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Woop woop! One update closer to Skirmishes! Good job guys!

General. Jackson
12-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Jeez...been gone for a week or two maybe from moving houses and I'm hit with all these updates, cheers guys!

Henronicus
12-14-2016, 04:21 AM
the new info in the corner isn't showing up for me after that last update...

whoopWhoop
12-14-2016, 12:10 PM
the same here.
the "new" information-text about the chackter status is gone and the animated Picture is back :)

Leifr
12-14-2016, 12:28 PM
I advocate reinstalling the game with every patch, especially substantial ones. Uninstall from your Steam library and remove the left-over folder, then reinstall - problems are kept to a minimum and bug reporting is made clearer.

whoopWhoop
12-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Steam patched WoR automatically or ?
then i will try it with a new installation.

Fancy Sweetroll
12-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Sorry about that, the character stats should be fixed now. I was working for 19 hours straight yesterday, and the day before I had been working for 22 hours lol. I guess working like that has its drawbacks :p

LocJope
12-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Sorry about that, the character stats should be fixed now. I was working for 19 hours straight yesterday, and the day before I had been working for 22 hours lol. I guess working like that has its drawbacks :p

Gosh darn, Fancy, you need a break once in a while.
Everyone of you do.

MK81
12-14-2016, 06:21 PM

Well I'd like to thank you and your colleagues for the fruits of your hard labour Fancy. I would say keep it going, but you'd probably end up in the hospital - how about using "quality over quantity" timeframes with a sleep in between.

Pats on the back to you and your team.

Saris
12-15-2016, 02:45 AM
December 12th - Update 35 (released)

http://i.imgur.com/0u3jwIf.jpg

- Replaced the soldier icon with text that pops up each time you activate an action. Press T to temporarily activate the overview. An example of it can be seen above. It should also be much more reliable than the previous icon.
- Sometimes, players may have entered a state where they kept changing animations every frame which were very costly on the fps. This should no longer happen.
- When the player switched to the Inspector Camera or respawned and the camera faded to black, it would sometimes be the case that the camera wouldnt fade back in again. This is fixed.
- The backpacks for both sides have recieved some updates to their LODs.

Playing yesterday and I didn't see the text on the bottom right.

Kyle422
12-15-2016, 03:16 AM
This is sorta broken at the moment. It will be fixed in the next update.

-Kyle

TrustyJam
12-15-2016, 06:15 AM
This is sorta broken at the moment. It will be fixed in the next update.

-Kyle

It was fixed yesteday.

- Trusty

Fancy Sweetroll
12-15-2016, 05:24 PM
December 15th - Update 37 (released)

- Drill Camp Winter Edition released!: https://www.warofrights.com/Fieldreport33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNklPUWoFk

Leifr
12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
!!!

[WoR] Kiff
12-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Excellent!

LocJope
12-15-2016, 05:58 PM
December 15th - Update 37 (released)

- Drill Camp Winter Edition released!: https://www.warofrights.com/Fieldreport33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyNklPUWoFk

I can't wait to enjoy this when I get home! Though, I would definitely 'Fancy' an ice skating competition, anyone else?

[WoR] Kiff
12-15-2016, 07:11 PM
That joke though :cool:

A. P. Hill
12-15-2016, 11:17 PM
I can't wait to enjoy this when I get home! Though, I would definitely 'Fancy' an ice skating competition, anyone else?

I can envision a 'Sweetroll' from slipping on the ice during the skating contest, and end up in a 'Jam'. :p

LocJope
12-15-2016, 11:23 PM
I can envision a 'Sweetroll' from slipping on the ice during the skating contest, and end up in a 'Jam'. :p

Not if they use some 'Trusty' ice brogans. Some nice brogans with blades on them would start in'crecy'ng the amount of Fancy Sweetrolls. I'd give the person with the best roll a 'Pat' on the back.

TrustyJam
12-15-2016, 11:25 PM
Not if they use some 'Trusty' ice brogans. Some nice brogans with blades on them would start in'crecy'ng the amount of Fancy Sweetrolls. I'd give the person with the best roll a 'Pat' on the back.

Oh gawd.. :p

- Trusty

RhettVito
12-15-2016, 11:34 PM
I love it looks amazing !!

Mageus
01-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Any news about a probable date for the skirmishes to begin

Leifr
01-12-2017, 07:44 AM
No date, it's a while off still as per the last update from the developers.

Lance Rawlings
01-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Darn it y'all got me excited when I saw a new post on the updates thread :)

RhettVito
01-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Darn it y'all got me excited when I saw a new post on the updates thread :)

Same.............................................. ............

[WoR] Kiff
01-12-2017, 09:51 PM
I am very excited for skirmishes! Let's get it!! :cool:

RhettVito
01-12-2017, 11:53 PM
kiff;54567']i am very excited for skirmishes! Let's get it!! :cool:

yes please !!!!!!

TrustyJam
01-28-2017, 12:18 AM
January 28th - Update 38 (released)

- Upgraded to CRYENGINE 5.3 which should result in a more stable game. Full CRYENGINE 5.3 patchnotes at: http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SD...RYENGINE+5.3.0 (http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC1/CRYENGINE+5.3.0)

- Updated revolvers: Colt 1847 Walker, 1849 Pocket, 1851 Navy & 1860 Army models and textures.

- Introduced a gameplay options tab containing FOV slider, mouse sensitivity & dynamic depth of field option.

- Updated the background of the menu with screenshots of the technical alpha (if you want a chance of having your screenshot featured in a future update, please make sure to submit your greatest screenshots over at: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ots-amp-Videos (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?102-War-of-Rights-Screenshots-amp-Videos) ) as well as added two additional tracks to randomly be played.

- Began updating uniforms using a newly acquired cloth creation tool as well as adding a dirt layer on the various pieces of uniforms as they get updated (in an effort to get a more ragged/dirty looking rebel army). First updated uniform pieces are the shell jackets.

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5355&d=1485562561&thumb=1 (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5355&d=1485562561)

- Added dirty variants of trousers.

- Reverted drill camp map back to late summer edition.

- Added new bullet impact decals on wood surface types.

- Sound updates to soldier equipment when moving.

- Added alternative melee stance. When no bayonet is attached the soildier will use his weapon as a club while in melee mode (Placeholder sounds).

- Added new charge/sprint animations for normal mode & melee mode.

- Dynamic depth of field adapts faster now when changing focus (if still not agreeable to you, it can be disabled in the gameplay options menu section).

- Cloud movement made more realistic. Now, clouds will form and dissolve over time - this effect is most noticeable if you create a sped-up timelapse.

- Blurry terrain texture error fixed.

Known issues

- Expect new and exciting bugs as this update includes an engine upgrade. In order to report bugs, please visit: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/foru...ha-Bug-Reports (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?28-Alpha-Bug-Reports) . If you experience crashing we urge you to utilize our online error reporting tool at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter

- Global illumination might bug out from time to time, causing shadowy squares/sections of the map that ought not to be in the shadow.

- Touch bending in use by certain vegetation objects (such as cornstalks) is currently not working.

- Terrain occlusion culling is currently not working as intended. It is leaving big, unrendered patches of the terrain when you move the camera at a fast rate.

- Trusty

JaegerCoyote
01-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Nice

Joshua Chamberlain
01-28-2017, 01:08 AM
just let us shoot people already

TrustyJam
01-28-2017, 01:13 AM

Skirmishes is still on track of an early 2017 release. Would you rather us not updating the alpha until then? :)

- Trusty

samblues
01-28-2017, 01:29 AM
Very nice! Tho i may have found a bug :P

https://gyazo.com/746560c1f0a89cbdd09e858d80184f715356

TrustyJam
01-28-2017, 01:41 AM

Please use the bug report section of the alpha forum.

- Trusty

samblues
01-28-2017, 01:45 AM
Please use the bug report section of the alpha forum.

- Trusty

Will do

A. P. Hill
01-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Very cool. Updating as I type. :)

<edit>Okay ... thanks to my antique machine, I can't make it past the start up splash screen. I get the new music, and to the part where the map is scrolling behind the other graphics and I crash cold.</edit>

Not a bug report, as I don't consider the age of my computer a bug. ;)

Joshua Chamberlain
01-28-2017, 02:18 AM
Skirmishes is still on track of an early 2017 release. Would you rather us not updating the alpha until then? :)

- Trusty

Yes i would.

- Joshua Chamberlain

Saris
01-28-2017, 02:39 AM
Nice! Thanks for the hard work!

RhettVito
01-28-2017, 05:36 AM

civil war on drugs ?

michaelsmithern
01-28-2017, 05:43 AM

that's no bug, you seem to have taken some drugs on the battlefield, please report to your company commander and give some to the rest of us

FIGHT Black phoenix
01-28-2017, 06:38 AM
Hiya all ,

many thanks for the work nice picture and good song in it !:cool:

M.G P. Cleburne

TrustyJam
01-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Yes i would.

- Joshua Chamberlain

There's an option on Steam to not always update the game. Enable that and we'll let you know once skirmishes is ready.

- Trusty

Leifr
01-28-2017, 11:18 AM

Steady, have patience and decorum enough to realise that CFG work to their own schedule and not to yours - all good things come in time.

Excellent update lads! Installing now. :)

Taran
01-28-2017, 01:16 PM
good news ! i m downloading it and will take time to test it tonight :)

Hatchmo
01-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the update! Good to know you are all still working hard since it's been silent due to Christmas!

MadWolf
01-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Good update. I really like the new cloth creation tool.

Grant97
01-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Great work devs ;)

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-28-2017, 05:42 PM
very great work!

thank you!

Skirmishes early 2017? Whats early for you guys? March/April? Want to know it because i need to know if i can buy Mass Effect :D

TrustyJam
01-28-2017, 06:13 PM
very great work!

thank you!

Skirmishes early 2017? Whats early for you guys? March/April? Want to know it because i need to know if i can buy Mass Effect :D

Early comes before late.

- Trusty

Maximus Decimus Meridius
01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Early comes before late.

- Trusty

Touché

Good answer :D

Fancy Sweetroll
01-28-2017, 11:52 PM
And its time for an update to yesterdays update

January 29th - Update 39 (released)

- Reduced the crashes when joining a server
- The bayonet now gets fixed properly for other players
- Fixed an issue where the weapon would sit incorrectly in the hand

[WoR] Kiff
01-31-2017, 04:39 PM
This is update is great! :D

JmCraz8
01-31-2017, 06:05 PM
Great work guys

Fancy Sweetroll
02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Another update is now available :)

February 1st - Update 40 (released)

- Fixed a glitch in the new melee mode with no bayonet attached where the player might hold the weapon behind his head.
- The kneel reload animations have been improved.
- New leg/feet animations for movement in meleemode.
- Added extra dirty trouser variants.
- Fixed an issue where the character might attempt to attach the wrong bayonet type onto the rifle.
- Written chat messages can now contain 196 characters instead of the previous 128 characters.
- Fixed a rare crash when starting to aim with the weapon.
- Possible fix for an issue where the fps could sometimes drop to about 20% of what you usually would get.

Known issues
- Joining a server may cause the game to crash. There is a good chance that if you try joining it enough times, you will eventually get in. We are currently working on a fix.

Lance Rawlings
02-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Nice!

Saris
02-02-2017, 01:19 AM
nice!

Fancy Sweetroll
02-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Another update is now out.

February 3rd - Update 41 (released)

- First person reload while kneeled has been improved.
- Starting to aim immediately after a reload, now looks better.
- Starting to aim when entering/exiting melee mode looks better.
- Added ready stance idle animation.
- It is now possible to move around at the Ready stance. But if you do it for more than 1 second at a time, the character will automatically enter Shoulder Arms.
- When aiming while moving, the rifle will sway a little extra make it more difficult to aim.
- Added arms & weapon animations while freelooking.
- Vegetation has recieved a major improvement in terms of performance and you should see a raise between 2-10 fps depending on your hardware configuration, the direction you look and where you are.

Joshua Chamberlain
02-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Another update is now out.

February 3rd - Update 41 (released)

- First person reload while kneeled has been improved.
- Starting to aim immediately after a reload, now looks better.
- Starting to aim when entering/exiting melee mode looks better.
- Added ready stance idle animation.
- It is now possible to move around at the Ready stance. But if you do it for more than 1 second at a time, the character will automatically enter Shoulder Arms.
- When aiming while moving, the rifle will sway a little extra make it more difficult to aim.
- Added arms & weapon animations while freelooking.
- Vegetation has recieved a major improvement in terms of performance and you should see a raise between 2-10 fps depending on your hardware configuration, the direction you look and where you are.

Trying to push this game out all of a sudden good work.

[WoR] Kiff
02-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Yeah this update seems to have improved a lot of my issues from before :D

Lance Rawlings
02-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Awesome! Although instead of going to shoulder arms after 1 second of moving around, how about arms port? Arms port is when the firearm is held across the chest at an approx. 45 degree angle and is used by habit when at the ready and then marching forward, especially in woods.

HWMHall
02-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Great work chaps!!

TrustyJam
02-04-2017, 01:28 AM
Awesome! Although instead of going to shoulder arms after 1 second of moving around, how about arms port? Arms port is when the firearm is held across the chest at an approx. 45 degree angle and is used by habit when at the ready and then marching forward, especially in woods.

Port arms is a tough one. We'd like to add it as some point - but we don't want it to become the norm of carrying your rifle in the game. That should be shoulder arms & right shoulder shift.

- Trusty

Lance Rawlings
02-04-2017, 01:58 AM
Port arms is a tough one. We'd like to add it as some point - but we don't want it to become the norm of carrying your rifle in the game. That should be shoulder arms & right shoulder shift.

- Trusty

Understood! Thanks for your input.

Leifr
02-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Fantastic work folk! It's a nice return from work on the continent. :)

Arkansan
02-04-2017, 07:01 PM
Nice seeing these updates fairly quickly. Keep up the good work!

michaelsmithern
02-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Nice seeing these updates fairly quickly. Keep up the good work!

as do I, almost makes me think we are moving closer to a Skirmish release

Fancy Sweetroll
02-06-2017, 01:06 AM
February 6th - Update 42 (released)

- Optimized character models which should result in a significant performance increase with many characters on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where rifles could sometimes, not be reloaded.

Johann Günderson
02-06-2017, 01:08 AM
as do I, almost makes me think we are moving closer to a Skirmish release

I hope so, then it'll be a very populated game instead of 5 guys playing on all servers with the exception of drills.

Saris
02-06-2017, 01:35 AM
February 6th - Update 42 (released)

- Optimized character models which should result in a significant performance increase with many characters on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where rifles could sometimes, not be reloaded.

I can feel that we are getting close to skirmishes with all of these updates so close together

TrustyJam
02-06-2017, 01:41 AM
I can feel that we are getting close to skirmishes with all of these updates so close together

Either that or we're just working through the weekend. :)

- Trusty

Saris
02-06-2017, 01:45 AM

- Trusty

shhh just play along

A. P. Hill
02-06-2017, 04:45 AM

- Trusty

Nah.

I've been out of town and away from my computer for both of the last two updates.

The Devs are just keeping up with my schedule of out of town trips. :p

RhettVito
02-08-2017, 06:10 AM

Same here dude !

Fancy Sweetroll
02-11-2017, 12:42 PM
February 11th - Update 43 (released)

- Improved the reload animation of the Sharps Rifle.
- The muzzle velocities of weapons is now based on historical figures.
- The Springfield M1842 now has a Buck and Ball ammunition option (Can be toggled by pressing 2, it will be active after the next reload).
- The bullet that is fired out of the weapons which you may get a glimpse of if you are fired upon, now actually looks like the type of ammo the weapon is firing. So a Springfield M1861 fires a miniéball, a revolver fires a pistolball, a Whitworth fires a hexagonal bullet and a Springfield M1842, loaded with Buck and Ball, fires multiple balls.
- Fixed an issue where officers couldnt select their revolver.
- Added updated frock coats for Privates and NCO's - Officers to follow.

Known issues
- The shooting range doesnt display the Buck and Ball shot, properly

JaegerCoyote
02-11-2017, 01:07 PM
buck and ball, hell yeah

RhettVito
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
buck and ball, hell yeah

The Irish Brigade will be happy :)

Kyle422
02-11-2017, 02:06 PM
This is awesome, can't wait to try it out once my new hardrive gets here :/

-Kyle

RhettVito
02-11-2017, 03:29 PM
February 11th - Update 43 (released)

- Improved the reload animation of the Sharps Rifle.
- The muzzle velocities of weapons is now based on historical figures.
- The Springfield M1842 now has a Buck and Ball ammunition option (Can be toggled by pressing 2, it will be active after the next reload).
- The bullet that is fired out of the weapons which you may get a glimpse of if you are fired upon, now actually looks like the type of ammo the weapon is firing. So a Springfield M1861 fires a miniéball, a revolver fires a pistolball, a Whitworth fires a hexagonal bullet and a Springfield M1842, loaded with Buck and Ball, fires multiple balls.
- Fixed an issue where officers couldnt select their revolver.
- Added updated frock coats for Privates and NCO's - Officers to follow.

Known issues
- The shooting range doesnt display the Buck and Ball shot, properly

Video about buck and ball cool to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XABfkOpjtEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUTlldgdg8

Real life ballistics of Buck and Ball

https://www.iusb.edu/ugr-journal/static/2000/pdf/stanage.pdf

Claud E. Fuller, in his book The Rifled Musket, shows tests of a rifled musket firing Minie balls, and a smoothbore musket firing round ball and buck rounds at various ranges against a 10' x 10' target. The firers consisted of several men in line shooting in volley. At ranges of 200 yards (180 m) and under, the buck and ball from the smoothbore musket, while less accurate than the rifled musket, actually produces a greater number of hits due to the greater number of projectiles. At 200 yards, 37 of 50 Minie balls strike the target, vs. 18 of 50 smoothbore balls and 31 of 150 buckshot, for a total of 49 hits in 50 shots. At 100 yards, 50 shots by smoothbore buck and ball against the 10 x 10 target result in 79 buckshot hits and 37 ball strikes, as opposed to 48 minie ball hits in 50 shots. Beyond this range, the buckshot will have lost too much energy to be effective due to its lower ballistic coefficient.The Effective firing range of one is 50 to 75 yd effective 100 to 200 yd maximum rang

MadWolf
02-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Me and some guys on the CSA NA Server did some buck and ball testing. Lot's of fun.
As always good job dev team.

michaelsmithern
02-11-2017, 09:57 PM
oooh buck and ball sounds nice, and I'm glad you can reload it your musket with buck and ball then reload with a minieball(or whatever the 1842 uses, sorry I'm no expert at civil war firearms)

That reminds me 4 updates within two weeks, I'm getting anxious, makes me think something big is coming

Fancy Sweetroll
02-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Did any of you notice an FPS improvement compared to the last event when there were 30-40 players on?

Personally, last event I would have around 20-25 fps when looking at most of the players. Now I had around 35-40.

Hairywarhero
02-12-2017, 11:38 AM
buck and ball 69th is happy :)

A. P. Hill
02-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Did any of you notice an FPS improvement compared to the last event when there were 30-40 players on?

Personally, last event I would have around 20-25 fps when looking at most of the players. Now I had around 35-40.

If I could get on any more I'd tell you, but I consistently crash just after the join server selection comes up.
Really need that system upgrade. It's coming.

Fancy Sweetroll
02-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Here's a small update for you :p

February 13th - Update 44 (released)

- Fixed the fully automatic Springfield M1861

Potus
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
worst update ever :rolleyes:

RhettVito
02-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Booooooo bad update we need auto musket for auto server crashing fun :cool:

Joshua Chamberlain
02-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Booooooo bad update we need auto musket for auto server crashing fun :cool:

Remember we crashed the CSA server on day one

JmCraz8
02-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Buck in ball doesn't register on the targets in firing range?

KaizerLeviath
02-14-2017, 12:28 AM
Yes, it doesn't. It said so in the patch notes .

JaegerCoyote
02-14-2017, 01:11 AM
Here's a small update for you :p

February 13th - Update 44 (released)

- Fixed the fully automatic Springfield M1861

Wat, this was a thing

RhettVito
02-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Wat, this was a thing

https://youtu.be/7YmidsOWDco?t=380

Lance Rawlings
02-14-2017, 10:26 PM
https://youtu.be/7YmidsOWDco?t=380

I want one!!

A. P. Hill
02-14-2017, 11:49 PM
i want one!!

me too! :)

michaelsmithern
02-20-2017, 05:43 PM
quick question. did anyone else receive a small 22Mb update for War of Rights yesterday?

C.S.A. Sniper43
02-20-2017, 09:03 PM
yea

Leifr
03-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Update this morning?

Jordon Brooker
03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Update this morning?

Yep, I got one too.

michaelsmithern
03-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Yep, I got one too.

they're infecting our water supply with Fluride, everyone get your tinfoil hats ready

RhettVito
03-09-2017, 01:15 AM
they're infecting our water supply with Fluride, everyone get your tinfoil hats ready

but mine has a bullet hole in it

Fancy Sweetroll
03-09-2017, 10:41 AM
My best guess is that it was an automatic update of some C++ runtime library. So...

https://youtu.be/qsvbYKr19ng

:p

Jeeperswerewolf
03-09-2017, 12:02 PM
indeed move along :p

michaelsmithern
03-09-2017, 06:35 PM
My best guess is that it was an automatic update of some C++ runtime library. So...

https://youtu.be/qsvbYKr19ng

:p

Fancy: These aren't the updates you are looking for

JaegerCoyote
03-09-2017, 07:12 PM
why do I have a 1.4 gb download?

Fancy Sweetroll
03-09-2017, 07:14 PM
why do I have a 1.4 gb download?

Just another Microsoft C++ runtime library update :p

Here are the changes for it:

March 9th - Update 45 (released)

- This build contains some changes which is supposed to greatly reduce crashes when joining a server.
- Flags will no longer reset their animation and appear static.
- Improved salute, enter kneel and kneel aim animations.
- Other players can now see in which direction you are looking when you are in Melee Mode without bayonet, kneel idle, inplace rest and parade rest.
- Introduced flinching when bullets pass by & when being close to weapons discharging.
- New sound when swinging the rifle.
- Temporarily removed telegraph wires and bayonet drill sandbags from the drill camp.
- Updated officer frock coats.
- This build also contains some currently disabled features for the upcoming Skirmish release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2UjqMSkZg&amp;feature=youtu.be

Lyman Trumbull
03-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Just another Microsoft C++ runtime library update :p

Here are the changes for it:

March 9th - Update 45 (released)

- This build contains some changes which is supposed to greatly reduce crashes when joining a server.
- Flags will no longer reset their animation and appear static.
- Improved salute, enter kneel and kneel aim animations.
- Other players can now see in which direction you are looking when you are in Melee Mode without bayonet, kneel idle, inplace rest and parade rest.
- introduced flinching when bullets pass by & when being close to weapons discharging.
- New sound when swinging the rifle.
- Temporarily removed telegraph wires and bayonet drill sandbags from the drill camp

The flinching's a nice touch.

Grant97
03-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Great work! :)

Leifr
03-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Excellent.

KaizerLeviath
03-09-2017, 08:34 PM
- This build also contains some currently disabled features for the upcoming Skirmish release.

Jordon Brooker
03-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Nice work!

csheffield1
03-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Very nice! But may just comment on the ringing of the ears, this is superb that you added it in, as, especially with the 1st shot from a musket (or any gun, even most modern ones) you get this ringing. I'd just say to prolong it slightly. Maybe 10-15 seconds total, to add to the realism. ;)

Anyway, very nice.

Legion
03-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Very nice! But may just comment on the ringing of the ears, this is superb that you added it in, as, especially with the 1st shot from a musket (or any gun, even most modern ones) you get this ringing. I'd just say to prolong it slightly. Maybe 10-15 seconds total, to add to the realism. ;)

Anyway, very nice.

I rarely notice any ringing when firing firearms, especially rifles.

The only time I've ever had ringing occur is when shooting my little short barrel revolver.

The ringing shouldn't be as loud imo but should be duller.

I also think that your hearing should be dulled after encountering close high decibel noises. I've experienced muffled hearing after firing loud firearms but rarely have I experienced ringing in my ears.

Oleander
03-09-2017, 11:56 PM

http://orig08.deviantart.net/8035/f/2010/123/b/d/bdf6caf0b618b625e662592ef13fba92.png

I like the ear ringing. I remember getting it a lot during massed volleys, it isn't all that noticeable until you get somewhere quiet. I blame it for the reason why I'm starting to loose my hearing, well that and working for the railroad.

LocJope
03-10-2017, 12:09 AM
http://orig08.deviantart.net/8035/f/2010/123/b/d/bdf6caf0b618b625e662592ef13fba92.png

I like the ear ringing. I remember getting it a lot during massed volleys, it isn't all that noticeable until you get somewhere quiet. I blame it for the reason why I'm starting to loose my hearing, well that and working for the railroad.

I've come to find out that a little bit of cotton in your ears goes a long way, especially when you're on the ground and they're still firing. Every shot was a ring in my ear. I've started putting little balls of cotton in my ears just so I don't have to deal with too much ringing.

{8thAL.CO.I}JamesVines
03-10-2017, 05:30 AM
I think It is a nice effect but I really wish they'd bring back to blood splatter in drill camp.

RhettVito
03-10-2017, 10:36 PM
I think It is a nice effect but I really wish they'd bring back to blood splatter in drill camp.

blood nah we want dead !

Joshua Chamberlain
03-10-2017, 10:58 PM
blood nah we want dead !

ye boss

{8thAL.CO.I}JamesVines
03-10-2017, 11:18 PM
I totally agree!!

Fancy Sweetroll
03-11-2017, 01:05 AM
March 11th - Update 46 (released)

- Reloading while moving no longer causes an animation glitch.
- 1st Texas have been re-added.
- Fixed an issue where 114th Pennsylvania were spawning with the Sharps Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where 1st North Carolina were spawning as 2nd Mississippi.
- When aiming continuously for a long time, the character will struggle to aim by the weight of the weapon.
- The amount of noise needed for tinnitus to kick in has been increased.
- The voice chat may be more reliable in this build.
- Inscreased rifle repositioning time following a discharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zjv7XpHDNI&amp;feature=youtu.be

Video showcasing the weight of the weapon pulling the sights off target when aiming for long periods of time without compensating for the pull using the mouse.

Jordon Brooker
03-11-2017, 01:10 AM

- Fixed an issue where 114th Pennsylvania were spawning with the SharpsRifle.
- When aiming continuously for a long time, the character will struggle to aim by the weight of the weapon.

Nice work Fancy and Team.

FIGHT Black phoenix
03-11-2017, 03:27 AM
Hi, all

Nice work again ^^

During this update, there are bugs in the choices, for example, I chose the flag carrier, I appear as a private soldier, I hope you understand what I mean and that you Will solve problem in an upcoming update. Just to help you, this is not a criticism. And I know that was a technical Alpha no worrie.

Regards.

MG P. Cleburne

TrustyJam
03-11-2017, 04:12 AM
Hi, all

Nice work again ^^

During this update, there are bugs in the choices, for example, I chose the flag carrier, I appear as a private soldier, I hope you understand what I mean and that you Will solve problem in an upcoming update. Just to help you, this is not a criticism. And I know that was a technical Alpha no worrie.

Regards.

MG P. Cleburne

Yep, we've verified it. It's only happening when choosing to spawn as a 1st Texan.

- Trusty

The Fearless Hussar
03-11-2017, 10:13 AM

- Fixed an issue where 114th Pennsylvania were spawning with the Sharps Rifle.
- The voice chat may be more reliable in this build.
- Inscreased rifle repositioning time following a discharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zjv7XpHDNI&feature=youtu.be

Video showcasing the weight of the weapon pulling the sights off target when aiming for long periods of time without compensating for the pull using the mouse.

since when can we reload while moving? because i think i tried it some days ago and you cant reload on the move but only when you are stationary.

FIGHT Black phoenix
03-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Yep, we've verified it. It's only happening when choosing to spawn as a 1st Texan.

- Trusty

Yup i mean 1st texas and you cant reload pistol and musket too

csheffield1
03-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Yup i mean 1st texas and you cant reload pistol and musket too

Dang Texans, always screwing things up... Oh, wait, I'm a texan :p

But great job on the updates, still got me hooked waiting for the next update, even if it isn't skirmishes. (I don't care anymore, I just find the development interesting at this point.)

Saris
03-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Dang Texans, always screwing things up... Oh, wait, I'm a texan :p

But great job on the updates, still got me hooked waiting for the next update, even if it isn't skirmishes. (I don't care anymore, I just find the development interesting at this point.)

I can get behind this ^^^^

Gamble
03-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the update!

A. P. Hill
03-11-2017, 07:45 PM

- Reloading while moving no longer causes an animation glitch. ...

Wait! Can you please define this?
I've been out of game for several updates now ... (piss poor antique computer.)

Am I reading this correctly?

You can now move and reload at the same time?

Please tell me you didn't do that!

Fancy Sweetroll
03-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Wait! Can you please define this?
I've been out of game for several updates now ... (piss poor antique computer.)

Am I reading this correctly?

You can now move and reload at the same time?

Please tell me you didn't do that!

No you cant reload while moving.

What happened was that if you were moving and you pressed R. The character would stop moving and begin reloading, but the reload animation was messed up. That is now fixed.

A. P. Hill
03-12-2017, 02:47 AM
Ah okay! ... whew.

Fair enough. :)

C.S.A. Sniper43
03-15-2017, 01:41 AM
whats in tonight's patch

Lance Rawlings
03-15-2017, 01:44 AM
whats in tonight's patch

The suspense is real...

Fancy Sweetroll
03-15-2017, 01:44 AM
March 15th - Update 47 (released)

- Readded blood effects and sounds when players gets hit.
- Tweaked the lighting a bit, making it look slightly more natural with less blue fog.
- Fixed an issue with 1st Texas.

Legion
03-15-2017, 01:52 AM

- Tweaked the lighting a bit, making it look slightly more natural with less blue fog.
- Fixed an issue with 1st Texas.

Nice, but I always get my hopes up when I see a relatively large update, but then I get kinda disappointed when it's not the update we are waiting for.

Great work though, it's a step closer;)

Lance Rawlings
03-15-2017, 01:54 AM
Nice, but I always get my hopes up when I see a relatively large update, but then I get kinda disappointed when it's not the update we are waiting for.

Great work though, it's a step closer;)

Maybe it's all behind closed curtains for the moment ;)

Legion
03-15-2017, 02:11 AM
Maybe it's all behind closed curtains for the moment ;)

I got a feeling that it's close, I don't think it will be much longer. Hopefully

thejakimo
03-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Very, very excited for all these updates!

Saris
03-15-2017, 03:53 AM
I just hope i can play it when it comes out

Jordon Brooker
03-15-2017, 09:24 AM

Yes! Blood effects return.

And less blue fog, it always felt like a scene from a horror movie when walking around camp.

FIGHT Black phoenix
03-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Well done Devs team We'll wait an other suprise :D

Fancy Sweetroll
03-18-2017, 10:37 PM
March 18th - Update 48 (released)

- Characters produce sounds when hit by bullets and when vaulting over fences, you can currently only hear yourself doing it.
- Readded breathing sounds when low on stamina. Still work in progress.
- Fixed wierd revolver animation while moving.
- Firing buck and ball ammunition, only affects the screen effects and tinitus as 1 shot, previously it counted as 4 shots.
- There is a greater chance now that if the game does crash, it wont kill your entire computer, forcing you to reboot.
- Forum moderators can now also kick players on official WoR servers as well as change the time of day.

Kyle422
03-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Awesome cant wait to try the update!

- Kyle

TrustyJam
03-19-2017, 12:09 AM
Awesome cant wait to try the update!

- Kyle

He kicked me. ;(

- Trusty

Jordon Brooker
03-19-2017, 12:51 AM
He kicked me. ;(

- Trusty

I'm sure you were being a naughty boy!

Saris
03-19-2017, 02:27 AM
I'm sure you were being a naughty boy!

Another step closer to skirmishes!

Kyle422
03-19-2017, 02:35 AM
He kicked me. ;(

Trusty you were being mean. I cant let you be mean and troll just doing my job as a moderator ;)

-Kyle

1st LT. Martin T.
03-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Outstanding guys! Really appreciate y'alls constant hard work!

LocJope
03-19-2017, 05:59 AM

- Characters produce sounds when hit by bullets and when vaulting over fences, you can currently only hear yourself doing it.
- Firing buck and ball ammunition, only affects the screen effects and tinitus as 1 shot, previously it counted as 4 shots.
- There is a greater chance now that if the game does crash, it wont kill your entire computer, forcing you to reboot.
- Forum moderators can now also kick players on official WoR servers as well as change the time of day.

I'm in love with the sounds when vaulting over the fence.

TrustyJam
03-19-2017, 06:00 AM
I'm in love with the sounds when vaulting over the fence.

Tom sure is good at grunting. ;)

- Trusty

Lyman Trumbull
03-19-2017, 10:53 AM

Ah fantastic, the crashes that caused my entire computer to crash as well was quite inconvenient.

Lance Rawlings
03-19-2017, 11:33 PM
My favorite part of this is forum moderators being able to kick players from servers as well as CHANGE THE TIME OF DAY!!!! ;) I'm gonna take credit for this one, I must have brought this about from constantly bothering Fancy and Trusty ;)

Kyle422
03-21-2017, 10:25 AM
My favorite part of this is forum moderators being able to kick players from servers as well as CHANGE THE TIME OF DAY!!!! ;) I'm gonna take credit for this one, I must have brought this about from constantly bothering Fancy and Trusty ;)

Haha I don't know about the taking credit part. I've been talking to trusty about it pretty much as soon as the technical alpha has been out ;) I couldn't take some of the people I've had in game screaming profanities.

Lance Rawlings
03-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Haha I don't know about the taking credit part. I've been talking to trusty about it pretty much as soon as the technical alpha has been out ;) I couldn't take some of the people I've had in game screaming profanities.

Yeah I hear that, I was mostly joking concerning changing the time of day. I'm sure they got tired of the "Hey Fancy, could we get some light on the NA CS server for drill?" ;)

Jordon Brooker
03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
Ah fantastic, the crashes that caused my entire computer to crash as well was quite inconvenient.

Just a mild one ;)

Cable
03-22-2017, 02:33 AM
This is good and all, but can just have skirmish released.... Everyone is tired of Drill Sim 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrustyJam
03-22-2017, 02:52 AM
This is good and all, but can just have skirmish released.... Everyone is tired of Drill Sim 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have just stated the same in another thread so I will do that with my answer as well:

It is not like we're just sitting on a playable skirmish version and not releasing it just because we think it would be better to wait until every single issue is fixed. Once we have a playable version you will too.

- Trusty

1SGT Shannon
03-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Not everyone is tired of "Drill Sim 2017." I, for one enjoy the interaction with others and the comradery there. Yes, I am anxious for the Beta, but I was also anxious for the Alpha, and was not disappointed when it was released. All in due time.

Kyle422
03-22-2017, 05:42 PM

Cable please stop. You have already been doing this in other threads. If you continue to act in this manor I will take action. Last chance

- Kyle

A. P. Hill
03-22-2017, 05:43 PM

Someone looking to getting banned for a while?

No, you're in error, NOT EVERYONE.

Lance Rawlings
03-22-2017, 07:27 PM

Patience is a virtue brought by maturity my friend. Let's give the dev team all respect due them, they work their tails off for us.

Just saw Leifr said the same thing in the other thread, I guess I'm a broken record. ;)

A. P. Hill
03-22-2017, 07:35 PM
I personally do not want to see skirmish phase release until soldiers can perform every command they're expected to carry out, as well as every possible unit released, (at least infantry.) ;)

Hinkel
03-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Speaking of patience..
I think Gandalf made a great quote, it was something like that :p

“A Skirmish is never late, nor is it early, the skrimish phase arrives precisely when it means to.”

Legion
03-22-2017, 09:34 PM
I personally do not want to see skirmish phase release until soldiers can perform every command they're expected to carry out, as well as every possible unit released, (at least infantry.) ;)

That wouldn't make much sense imo. It's better to release things a little at a time that way we can test and fix things.

As for waiting for all the units I'd say no. They aren't essential to gameplay and can be added over time. Besides thats alot of uniforms and variations to make and it would take too long to wait.

I'm not sure what you mean by commands, I wouldn't expect things to be too complex if I were you, you have to remember that this is a game with limitations, don't expect to be able to do all the things that you do irl.

LocJope
03-22-2017, 10:01 PM
That wouldn't make much sense imo. It's better to release things a little at a time that way we can test and fix things.

As for waiting for all the units I'd say no. They aren't essential to gameplay and can be added over time. Besides thats alot of uniforms and variations to make and it would take too long to wait.

I'm not sure what you mean by commands, I wouldn't expect things to be too complex if I were you, you have to remember that this is a game with limitations, don't expect to be able to do all the things that you do irl.

I'd have to agree with Legion here, it's much easier to drill and do manual of arms in real life than it is in a game with lag and FPS. Plus, not everyone just knows how to do things.

yoyo8346
03-22-2017, 10:04 PM
I personally do not want to see skirmish phase release until every possible unit released, (at least infantry.)

I really don't see a point in this either.

Jordon Brooker
03-22-2017, 10:57 PM

100%. The more testing, the better in the long run.

Lance Rawlings
03-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Speaking of patience..
I think Gandalf made a great quote, it was something like that :p

“A Skirmish is never late, nor is it early, the skrimish phase arrives precisely when it means to.”

Yeah that sounds familiar.

Jordon Brooker
03-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Yeah that sounds familiar.

I think is was Harry Bourne from 2035: Space Trek that said it if I remember correctly.

Lance Rawlings
03-24-2017, 02:27 AM
I think is was Harry Bourne from 2035: Space Trek that said it if I remember correctly.

;) That's the one!

TrustyJam
03-26-2017, 09:12 PM
March 26th - Update 49 (released)

- Added LeMat revolver to CSA officers (press 2 to change to buckshot (no animation for this yet)).
- Updated sack coats.
- Character material adjustments.
- Updated global illumination & screen space directional occlusion settings.
- Altered glass material settings in order to avoid players shooting glass crashing the server.

- Trusty

JmCraz8
03-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Awesome Trusty thanks

Jordon Brooker
03-26-2017, 09:49 PM
More updates. Thanks team!

Saris
03-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Another step closer!

1st LT. Martin T.
03-27-2017, 03:17 AM
Ahhh the pistol I have been silently waiting for! Thanks Devs you guys are awesome!

Lance Rawlings
03-27-2017, 04:14 AM
Awesome! Love it.

Fancy Sweetroll
04-20-2017, 09:31 PM
I just pushed a veeery tiny update to the live build. It contains some experimental stuff that may resolve the lag issues of yesterdays test.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
04-20-2017, 09:34 PM
What kind of experimental stuff?

Just interested ;)

TrustyJam
04-20-2017, 09:35 PM
What kind of experimental stuff?

The experimental kind of stuff. :P

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
The cloak and dagger kind of stuff! ;)

michaelsmithern
04-20-2017, 11:56 PM
I just pushed a veeery tiny update to the live build. It contains some experimental stuff that may resolve the lag issues of yesterdays test.

better than nothing i suppose

Jeeperswerewolf
04-21-2017, 12:34 AM
No update for War of Rights is teeny tiny, especially when it comes to performance updates. Keep up the good work devs.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
04-21-2017, 06:47 AM
The experimental kind of stuff. :P

- Trusty

Wow.... Sound very experimental. :P

Fancy Sweetroll
05-19-2017, 03:23 AM
It's time for the first update for the skirmishes release :)

May 19th - Update 51 (released)

- Fixed regular server crashes.
- If you are stunned by the artillery or a lot of gunfire, the volume of the voice chat will be slightly reduced.
- If you get headshot and presented with a black screen. You will instantly be unable to hear the voice chat.
- If you get gutshot, the voice chat will slowly reduce in volume.
- Gunshots and bullet whizzes affects the desaturation of the screen as well as tinnitus, by 50% less.
- The confederates have had their tickets reduced.
- When joining a game in progress, the ticket count would display incorrectly (It would say your team had 250 tickets left, while it actually only had 149).
- Capturing the objective is double as fast as before.
- Corpses are easier on the performance while still having the same amount of them.
- Aiming from Melee Mode and then stopping to aim will no longer put you into Ready, but rather back to Melee Mode.
- Quick Time or Double Quick is no longer constantly displayed in the UI.
- The text chat is easier to use while the objective is being captured.
- Possible fix on the victory screen, showing the proper winner for all players.
- The reload animation in first person should no longer glitch, causing you to be able to rotate the character with the mouse.
- Fixed a server crash related to bayonets being fixed/unfixed.
- Fixed aiming with the revolver while reloading.
- Bayonet thrust sound, no longer players globally (it sounded a bit like men marching).
- Fixed branch color clipping on the Shell Jacket.
- Human skin color tones tweaked slightly.

88thNY_InFaMY
05-19-2017, 03:32 AM
It's time for the first update for the skirmishes release :)

May 19th - Update 51 (released)

- Fixed regular server crashes.
- If you are stunned by the artillery or a lot of gunfire, the volume of the voice chat will be slightly reduced.
- If you get headshot and presented with a black screen. You will instantly be unable to hear the voice chat.
- If you get gutshot, the voice chat will slowly reduce in volume.
- Gunshots and bullet whizzes affects the desaturation of the screen as well as tinnitus, by 50% less.
- The confederates have had their tickets reduced.
- When joining a game in progress, the ticket count would display incorrectly (It would say your team had 250 tickets left, while it actually only had 149).
- Capturing the objective is double as fast as before.
- Corpses are easier on the performance while still having the same amount of them.
- Aiming from Melee Mode and then stopping to aim will no longer put you into Ready, but rather back to Melee Mode.
- Quick Time or Double Quick is no longer constantly displayed in the UI.
- The text chat is easier to use while the objective is being captured.
- Possible fix on the victory screen, showing the proper winner for all players.
- The reload animation in first person should no longer glitch, causing you to be able to rotate the character with the mouse.
- Fixed a server crash related to bayonets being fixed/unfixed.
- Fixed aiming with the revolver while reloading.
- Bayonet thrust sound, no longer players globally (it sounded a bit like men marching).
- Fixed branch color clipping on the Shell Jacket.
- Human skin color tones tweaked slightly.

Any word on when we can see a fix for the loading screen going forever?

Fancy Sweetroll
05-19-2017, 04:21 AM
Any word on when we can see a fix for the loading screen going forever?

How long is forever?

Twinkie125
05-19-2017, 04:38 AM
How long is forever?

I believe he means that the game will go completely black after trying to join a server. The screen will go black for an indefinite period (my friend had the black screen for about 5 minutes before relaunching)

J.Stockton
05-19-2017, 04:42 AM
How long is forever?

I have had it go for almost 5 mins then the night time sounds start playing, then after a few seconds the battle sounds start and the faction selection screen appears. I did a little testing and it seems to only happen to me when I attempt to join a server that is at max capacity, which I assume is 64, or when it is close to that number. I can only think that maybe the server is trying to "queue" joining players, which would be a cause of some of the server instabilities. I've just been Alt-TABing and browsing the internet while it tries to load in the background. Once I hear the crickets I switch back and it works fine. Well fine, until I crash to desktop again. But this is all just from my experience, I haven't gone through trial and errors with other players so all of this is really just unsubstantiated unless anyone else or the devs can chime in.

Le_Fossoyeur
05-19-2017, 08:57 AM
The black screen when queuing is a little disturbing, at the beginning I thought my game crashed. Till I stand up of my chair for 2 mins, I was on the nation selection menu when I came back.

Maybe a message like "Stand by, you will be deployed soon" will not confuse players which doesn't know this particularity. :)

VOLCUSGAMING
05-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Maybe a message like "Stand by, you will be deployed soon" will not confuse players which doesn't know this particularity.

Good idea!

Bivoj
05-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Finally! Even now (not really finished product) it is really fun to play the game. Thanks devs!

Oleander
05-19-2017, 04:26 PM
And now we wait for artillery to be implemented...

Colum O'Brien
05-19-2017, 07:12 PM

It's going to be a long long time but I know that feeling! Maybe my men will actually show up or maybe i'll actually get men that will show up! XD But right now I would love the crashes fixed.

A. P. Hill
05-19-2017, 07:23 PM

If ... if you think the infantry part of this is concluded with the skirmish release, I think you may be gravely mistaken.

Soulfly
05-19-2017, 07:32 PM
just a quick question, i wanted to upload some crash reports by cant find the error.dmp...its not in Steam\steamapps\common\War of Rights

88thNY_InFaMY
05-19-2017, 07:51 PM
I have had it go for almost 5 mins then the night time sounds start playing, then after a few seconds the battle sounds start and the faction selection screen appears. I did a little testing and it seems to only happen to me when I attempt to join a server that is at max capacity, which I assume is 64, or when it is close to that number. I can only think that maybe the server is trying to "queue" joining players, which would be a cause of some of the server instabilities. I've just been Alt-TABing and browsing the internet while it tries to load in the background. Once I hear the crickets I switch back and it works fine. Well fine, until I crash to desktop again. But this is all just from my experience, I haven't gone through trial and errors with other players so all of this is really just unsubstantiated unless anyone else or the devs can chime in.

Aye when trying to join a large number player server I have had the loading screen go for half an hour before I finally gave up :/ I even dropped all my settings to low just to see if I could get in that way.

Oleander
05-19-2017, 07:52 PM
If ... if you think the infantry part of this is concluded with the skirmish release, I think you may be gravely mistaken.

I'm not saying it is, but if the infantry is this good already I cannot wait to see what the artillery will be like.

TrustyJam
05-19-2017, 07:58 PM
just a quick question, i wanted to upload some crash reports by cant find the error.dmp...its not in Steam\steamapps\common\War of Rights

If you are referring to the crashes whenever a match is over you probably won't have any error.dmp :)

- Trusty

Colum O'Brien
05-19-2017, 09:40 PM
I'm not saying it is, but if the infantry is this good already I cannot wait to see what the artillery will be like.

It does very much feel like a test server (the small areas and limit troop space) but already it just looks great and feels great to play!

TrustyJam
05-22-2017, 01:49 AM
May 22th - Update 52 (released)

- Experimental adjustment to the confederate playable area on the Burnside Bridge skirmish area.
- Revolver aiming bug fixed.
- Tweaks to ambient occlusion.
- Minor updates to UI.
- Added wip animation of officer salute with sword.

- Trusty

Lance Rawlings
05-22-2017, 05:23 AM

- Experimental adjustment to the confederate playable area on the Burnside Bridge skirmish area.
- Minor updates to UI.

- Trusty

Awesome!

Tavi
05-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Will the character 'free look' (F4) be reintroduced in the near future?

A. P. Hill
05-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Will the character 'free look' (F4) be reintroduced in the near future?

Only usable in drill camp. Non operational in battlefield environment.

Soulfly
05-22-2017, 06:43 PM
If you are referring to the crashes whenever a match is over you probably won't have any error.dmp :)

- Trusty

I experience random ctd , so I thought this dmp might be mandatory

Fancy Sweetroll
05-23-2017, 12:54 AM
May 23rd - Update 53 (released)

- Possible fix for all players being dropped/crashing as a skirmish round ends.
- Tweaks and improvements to the shading of flags.
- Moved the confederate spawnpoints into the woods behind the capture zone on Burnside Bridge.
- Fixed aiming bug if you started moving half a second after you had started aiming.
- Improved Sub Surface Scattering on the faces of characters.
- Made the battle shirt of union players whiter (less grey), to make it more obvious that this player is not a confederate.
- Removed NCO insignias from a few Private player models.

Saris
05-23-2017, 12:55 AM

- Moved the confederate spawnpoints into the woods behind the capture zone on Burnside Bridge.
- Fixed aiming bug if you started moving half a second after you had started aiming.
- Made the battle shirt of union players whiter (less grey), to make it more obvious that this player is not a confederate.

Nice!

88thNY_InFaMY
05-23-2017, 01:29 AM

You guys making progress on us who can't even get into the servers without no longer responding or CTDing or just black screen then CTD..

Saris
05-23-2017, 02:04 AM
I can play much longer during a round but half the time after switching to a new map I ctd

W1Z25
05-23-2017, 02:22 AM
any fix for the corn??? seeing the broken textures makes it hard to spot people

TrustyJam
05-23-2017, 03:08 AM
any fix for the corn??? seeing the broken textures makes it hard to spot people

The cornfield visual bug for lower graphical settings was fixed yesteday. :)

- Trusty

zerosius
05-24-2017, 12:26 AM

- Minor updates to UI.

- Trusty

Awesome! Will give it a try this weekend ;)
Shouldnt it be the 22nd of May though? :P

Lance Rawlings
05-24-2017, 05:10 AM
Awesome! Will give it a try this weekend ;)
Shouldnt it be the 22nd of May though? :P

Haha, Mr. Observant

TrustyJam
05-24-2017, 04:40 PM
EU servers are now online.

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
05-24-2017, 05:51 PM
It's pronounced May twenty tooth. ;)

Fancy Sweetroll
05-25-2017, 10:24 PM
May 25th - Update 54 (released)

- The blood can now spawn on top of objects, such as burnside bridge.
- Introduced a small delay between each melee attack so a single soldier cant stab an entire line of soldiers in the back in only a few seconds. Now you have to put a lot more effort into timing your attack properly, reducing the previous spamfest of melee combat.
- When fixing/unfixing bayonet, the camera now looks slightly down towards the bayonet shieth.
- Fix/Unfix bayonet can now be cancelled by hitting B again, as long as the bayonet hasnt been taken off/attached to the rifle.
- The camera should be a lot more stable when using Free Look while reloading.
- Most animations, except for kneel, reload, fix bayonet, will now automatically be cancelled whenever you enter Melee Mode or start aiming with the rifle.
- Improved the recently added Officer salute with a sword.
- Various other improvements to how animations are triggered.
- The Colt M1847 Walker revolver have had its sound replaced with a much more beefy variant.
- CSA tickets on Burnside Bridge increased from 125 to 175.
- CSA tickets on Dunker Church increased from 125 to 150.
- The Dynamic DOF system have in some causes bbeen overblurring the screen. This have occured if players have generally been looking slightly down in the ground while moving around, causing Dynamic DOF to focus on that particular point in the ground. This should no longer be an issue.
- The restricted area for USA on Bloody Lane have been tweaked to no longer allow USA to come at the Confederates from behind, through the cornfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8md5YnMcdNA&feature=youtu.be

LaBelle
05-25-2017, 10:29 PM
That's an interesting change to Bloody Lane.

Lyman Trumbull
05-25-2017, 10:49 PM
May 25th - Update 54 (released)

- The blood can now spawn on top of objects, such as burnside bridge.
- Introduced a small delay between each melee attack so a single soldier cant stab an entire line of soldiers in the back in only a few seconds. Now you have to put a lot more effort into timing your attack properly, reducing the previous spamfest of melee combat.
- When fixing/unfixing bayonet, the camera now looks slightly down towards the bayonet shieth.
- Fix/Unfix bayonet can now be cancelled by hitting B again, as long as the bayonet hasnt been taken off/attached to the rifle.
- The camera should be a lot more stable when using Free Look while reloading.
- Most animations, except for kneel, reload, fix bayonet, will now automatically be cancelled whenever you enter Melee Mode or start aiming with the rifle.
- Improved the recently added Officer salute with a sword.
- Various other improvements to how animations are triggered.
- The Colt M1847 Walker revolver have had its sound replaced with a much more beefy variant.
- CSA tickets on Burnside Bridge increased from 125 to 175.
- CSA tickets on Dunker Church increased from 125 to 150.
- The Dynamic DOF system have in some causes bbeen overblurring the screen. This have occured if players have generally been looking slightly down in the ground while moving around, causing Dynamic DOF to focus on that particular point in the ground. This should no longer be an issue.
- The restricted area for USA on Bloody Lane have been tweaked to no longer allow USA to come at the Confederates from behind, through the cornfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8md5YnMcdNA&feature=youtu.be

Nice update, one of my personal favourite things coming out of this is the addition of a melee attack delay, it was quite amusing seeing one person cutting down 5 people or so by spanning the bayonet attacks.