PDA

View Full Version : Melee

MadManYo
03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
How will melee work? Will it be like NW or something new?

Orcaryo
03-15-2014, 07:39 PM
I don't think they would want to do something NW style as people are starting to get tired of it. I am hoping they introduce new attack directions though.

MrSpada
07-19-2014, 12:49 PM
I'm too curious, I hope it will be similar to NW.

I imagine a similar system but with the following additions:

The battle cry when we go into charge mode.
While you are in charge can sustain non-fatal injuries (es. banzai charge in Ro2).
Bonus Officer, melee combat more effective when we are close to an officer.

FalloutDud3
07-21-2014, 03:29 PM
I really hope it's nothing like M&B's melee system, Multiplayer melee always felt annoying with people spamming the swings or just spinning around and one shotting you with an thrown weapon. But I doubt it's going to be near M&B's combat anyways, and because it's their game and they can do whatever they want with the design of it plus I don't think it would well suit the "Realism" aspect in the game since in M&B you could jump and swing *Annoying as fuck when your cav*. But they definitely will make sure the melee isn't clunky and hopefully not too annoying!

*And yes Mount and Blade Warband was the "M&B" I'm referring to*

Rithal
07-21-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't know. Can anyone else think of any ways that they could handle blocking? Directional combat is really the only way they could handle it. Anything less than that wouldn't be competitive and would either be too hard or too easy. Melee in general will probably be difficult because of being locked into first person, but it WILL be exciting. Thoughts devs?

Marks
07-21-2014, 05:19 PM
How will melee work? Will it be like NW or something new?

NW more like Mount and Blade. There's only so much you can do with a bayonet, it's pretty much a spear. I'd like to see maybe 2 down attacks, 1 up and left and right attack, would be hard to learn but always fun.

Gerassi
07-28-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm hoping it would be somewhat more realistic than the one in NW, because in NW, they bayonet goes straight trough the enemy, as if he was made of butter. I am hoping to see, here, maybe a stab and then the bayonet would get stuck, and you would have to press a key to pull it out of your opponets body. And combat bonus when near an Officer is a great idea.

FalloutDud3
08-01-2014, 04:32 AM
I think an Chivalry standpoint for the melee would fit nicely for the realism from the attack standpoint but the blocking in Chivalry with daggers blocking huge 2 handed swords no just no... But the attacks in Chivlary feel like they have some real weight to them and it's really satisfying hearing that grunt of frustration as your guy dismembers an enemy (Or teammate if your into that sort of thing...). But M&B's melee feels really empty, it's just your guy spamming an sword into an enemy. Red Orchestra 2's melee system will work as well since it still feels horrendous or hilarious when you charge at an enemy with your bayonet or just going to beach slap them with the butt of your stock even though it's just an run and either let go of the Middle mouse button you were holding down or just click it and watch your guy poke the enemy...

Still it's their game and I heave no contrul ove arrr it leek i heve nu contral ovar interweb slang or doughz racist comments tat always appear in youtube

Bey blade every1 piece outback-FalloutDud3 2014#

Gerassi
08-01-2014, 12:08 PM
I would recommend looking into something like Kingdom Come: Deliverance which has quite a cool idea for melee.

AlekoTheGreek
09-18-2014, 12:49 PM
A simplified Chivalry system will be good indeed, there is no need for a too sofisticated melee system since the game is clearly shooting-based

Rithal
09-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Like I've said before, i feel that melee will play a big role in the game. While many will enjoy shooting there will always be a point in time when some people just want to stab something. A system such as in m&B and chivalry is fine, but it could prove difficult in first person. So, possibly something like the mechanics in RO2, except allow a small window of opportunity to parry or block the attack.

AlekoTheGreek
09-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Like I've said before, i feel that melee will play a big role in the game. While many will enjoy shooting there will always be a point in time when some people just want to stab something. A system such as in m&B and chivalry is fine, but it could prove difficult in first person. So, possibly something like the mechanics in RO2, except allow a small window of opportunity to parry or block the attack.

Chivalry is actually a first person game, anyway indeed people used to play NW will acutally want to go and stab at some point... but i don't think this game is intented to be a M&B veteran's ghetto.

Rithal
09-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Of course not. Anyways, Chivalry is first person, but has swords, shields, ect. I don't necessarily look forward to having too many controls, such as mouse movement, to handle in first person. I mean, name one person who is in first person during melee in m&b. :P

AlekoTheGreek
09-20-2014, 09:55 AM
M&B was designed to be played in 3rd person... playing m&b melee in 1st is.... masochism

anyway, as i said a simplified version of chivalry would be nice :)

Rithal
09-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Yeah, something like that sounds good.

Estus
09-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah, something like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare could work. Two ways to attack (fast/low distance and slow/long distance), and one way to defend.

[RG]Chewie
09-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Hooefully We will be able to fix and unfixed bayonettes that would just ruin my immersion if we had fixed bayonettes all the time.

TrustyJam
09-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Chewie;4230']Hooefully We will be able to fix and unfixed bayonettes that would just ruin my immersion if we had fixed bayonettes all the time.

Of course you will.

- Trusty

Rithal
09-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Good. That's a feature that all good fps' need.

fishmicon
10-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I would recommend looking into something like Kingdom

ReconRabbit
10-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Yeah, just try to copy Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with the melee and it will be amazing in my opinion.

Rithal
10-31-2014, 01:03 AM
Yeah, just try to copy Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with the melee and it will be amazing in my opinion.

I don't really think they should copy any game really. As most melee fighting in first person games have been somewhat sloppy in my opinion. I'm looking forward to some new innovations these guys will bring to the table. Something like the fighting in Kingdom Come:Deliverance could be used as an inspiration/base.

[RG]Chewie
10-31-2014, 01:59 PM
I would love to see physics play more of a part for example you go to block a over head blow and your rifle gets knocked out of your hand or you get knocked down. Fighting and defending from your back would also be a cool but difficult addition. Previous wounds could also play a role in your hand to hand effectiveness.

[RG]Chewie
10-31-2014, 03:19 PM
We could also have buffs for units that were known to be tough in hand to hand or vice versa for those that were cracked shots or even just stalwart in a fight.

william2401
11-20-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't think they should use RO2's melee system, it should be much more complex than that. something like chivalrys might work but I think it would be great if they didn't just lock it to stabs as it is in NW, in reality soldiers used the butt of the weapon as well as the bayonet when fighting and it would be good if you could do attacks with the bayonet as well as some moves with the bayonet. overall I think a melee system similar to chivalrys would be best