PDA

View Full Version : 6th North Carolina State Troops, Company I, "The North Carolina Grays"

Oleander
06-04-2016, 03:21 AM
6th North Carolina State Troops, Company I

"The North Carolina Grays"

http://i.imgur.com/l9dXMiS.jpg

Company I of the 6th Regiment of north Carolina State Troops was formed in the small town of Morrisville, North Carolina in June of 1861, under the command of Captain Richard York. On the steps of the home of the Company's Lieutenant, Malcus page, the men were given their company flag (see image above), presented to them by the ladies of Cedar Fork. The unit had been outfitted with uniforms designed and paid for by the Regimental Commander, Colonel Charles Fisher, after the ceremony the Company marched to the railroad shops near present day Burlington, NC. After outfitting the men with everything they would need to win the war, the Regiment was organized into the Army of the Shenandoah under command of General Joseph Johnston. During the Battle of First Manassas, the Regiment became some of the first troops to be moved by rail to reach the battlefield. It was also at Manassas that Colonel Fisher was mortally wounded by a bullet to the head while the Regiment was assaulting Sherman's Battery.

MORE TO COME!!

Templar Warrior
06-04-2016, 03:35 AM
Good Luck

Oleander
06-04-2016, 05:15 AM
Reserved.

TeteRex
06-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Good luck!

A. P. Hill
06-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Congrats. Welcome to the CSA!

Grant97
06-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Best of luck to the company! See you on the battlefield ;)

Hatchmo
06-07-2016, 02:37 PM
You can always come down to the other Carolina and join the Columbia Grays!