PDA

View Full Version : 14th U.S. Infantry Regiment - Company A

thejakimo
06-11-2016, 08:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pJHwJgS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6cN15WY.png

The 14th U.S. Infantry Regiment is a tactical realism unit currently being designed for War of Rights. We aim to provide a realistic, professional, and mature approach to the regimental scene here, and with the help of some realism veterans from diverse backgrounds, intend to fully immerse all of our members in to one of the best regiments available. We take a different approach than many regiments currently in the game, as we utilize a very realistic rank structure and chain of command, and also pride ourselves on providing a very realistic in game experience without all of the overbearing "regimental" things that most regiments do. We do not call ourselves a reenactment regiment, simply because we do not utilize any ideas in game that do not directly effect gameplay. There is no need to learn how to do 40 different formations, 30 different commands, and 20 different marches. Do not be mistaken, there will be formations, commands, and marches. But nothing that you don't actually need to know in order to feel as though you are part of a well rounded regiment.

We also have an awards system implemented in out unit, and although not officially used during the Civil War, adds a much deeper element to our regiment. It gives our members something to strive for, something to look forward to, that they can show off not only to one another, but to the community as a whole. All members in the 14th will be rewarded for their time and energy, and Command Staff will always ensure that those who put in the extra effort get recognition for such.

http://i.imgur.com/JjYwgil.png

When one of the newly organized battalions of the Regular Brigade of the Army of the Potomac reported to Colonel Buchanan, he said to its commander: "Sir, your men look like volunteers!" The reply was—"That is just what they are." The veteran martinet rejoined, "I will make them Regulars"—and that is what he did.

This little dialogue gives the history, in brief, of the nine infantry regiments added to the Army in 1861. Nearly all the officers were appointed from civil life; the men were specially enlisted for their regiments and, generally, for designated companies by their company officers.

The War Department tried to assign as many experienced officers and as many old soldiers as possible to the new organizations, with the intent that they should act as organizers and instructors. It was hoped that enough could be assigned to leaven the mass and thus make the new regiments reasonably efficient in a short time. But out of eight West Point graduates sent to the 14th Infantry, only three went with the regiment to the field; the others were assigned to other duties; four as brigadier-generals of volunteers.

All the new organizations had about the same experience. The volunteer element was predominant, but by precept, example and environment they soon acquired the traditions and spirit of the old Army without losing the zeal, enthusiasm and resource of the volunteer soldier.

In one of the first battles of the Rebellion, an old officer watched one of the new regiments as it went forward, under a withering fire, with a cheer. The veteran smiled grimly, and said, "They act like mustangs, but they fight like men."
Further Reading is available here. (http://www.history.army.mil/books/r&h/R&H-14IN.htm)

http://i.imgur.com/rdT2kgj.png

We are currently looking for active, driven, team oriented players who have an interest not only in the realism scene, but an interest in being part of an ever growing team. A positive attitude and a great outlook on life are two things that go a long way, and with just those two things many people can find this to be not just a team, but a home. however, there are a few requirements that all members must meet:

- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid steam account.
- Must have a microphone, exceptions can be made if a headset is available.
- Must not be part of another regiment for War of Rights, or any other game that may have conflicting time schedules.

Once you have verified that you meet the above requirements, we would suggest filling out the application form, located here:

Application Form Here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HaL0QO8eoMKs00umCXOzmnD5ng3ZvmdDkgdhVJJZG O8)

Once the form has been submitted, feel free to join our teamspeak server and speak with some of the other members.
Our server address is "server14.ts.nfoservers.com".
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to add me to steam, my steam is available here: Harper's Steam Account (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993940763/)

After Joining

After joining the unit, all members will be placed as Volunteer. From there, they must attend a 2 part Basic Orientation Training also known as BOT, during which all members will learn the ins and outs of what it takes to be a member of the 14th. They will be taught basic formations, commands, structure, etiquette, rifle marksmanship, etc. After successful completion of BOT, all members will be promoted to Private and assigned as a fully fledged member of the unit. All Privates in the unit will serve as line infantry, and will spend the next several weeks learning more about the unit and how it functions. After approximately 4 weeks, Privates will be presented with the opportunity to take on additional work such as staff work, assistants or helpers during training, recruiting, or even leading in combat. Those members will be the elite Privates, and at the discretion of command staff will be promoted to Private First Class, earning them their first of many chevrons.

From that point, it is up to the member how they progress. They may decide to pursue a career as a leader in combat, and work their way into the NCO ranks. Or they may choose to follow a more organisational career, and choose to go through extensive training to become an Officer in the regiment. Or if a member is not able to commit the extra time, they may always remain at the highest tier enlisted position available, and be a member the best way they see fit.

Void
06-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Good Luck From the 5th New York Zouaves - Company A!

thejakimo
06-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Thank you very much!

Templar Warrior
06-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Good luck and hope to see u soon on the battlefield

thejakimo
06-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Thank you, we are very much looking forward to it!

JaegerCoyote
06-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the fight.

Bravescot
06-12-2016, 06:08 AM
I'd appreciate it if the correct credits were given for your roster format.

Henry B. Chamberlin
06-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Welcome! See you on the battlefield

Hiram Lee
06-12-2016, 07:23 AM
welcome from the Bloody 26th Va

Grant97
06-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Best of luck to the Regiment! See you on the battlefield ;) :cool:

Artimus
06-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Welcome from the 34th New York!

FakeMessiah27
06-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Best of luck! :)

thejakimo
06-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes, this community is such a great place!

And Bravescot, I apologize if I stepped on any toes. I saw the same format used in many posts, I will change it now. However, thank you for the temporary format, as it did help this post come together sooner.

thejakimo
06-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Updated the main topic with some more information.

thejakimo
09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
The 7th is still alive! It has been quite some time since our last post, so we have updated the first post with the exception of the roster. That will be updated in time.

Geoffrey
09-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Great group, I am really enjoying my time here.

7thUSWalker
09-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Glad to be a 7th United States Infantry "Cottonballer"! Thank you for inviting me, I'm looking forward to pressing forward onto the field of battle with this regiment.

John Ricketts
09-22-2016, 12:26 AM
Hello, how many active members do you have? Thanks.

General. Jackson
09-22-2016, 12:58 AM
From their roster, they look as if they have 7.

John Ricketts
09-22-2016, 01:34 AM
From their roster, they look as if they have 7.

Post #15 states that the roster has not been updated. Thanks.

General. Jackson
09-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Yep can see that mate but also have seen their steam group of 7. No need to be hostile, mate.

Hinkel
09-26-2016, 05:05 PM
*magic*

Welcome 14th! ;)

thejakimo
09-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Thank you very much, kind sir! :D

thejakimo
09-30-2016, 12:17 AM
Our company is now available to select in the company tool! Help make the 14th Regulars the best and most authentic company in the community!

thejakimo
10-13-2016, 10:50 PM
With the large influx of companies in the past few days, just wanted to let people know we are still around! Taking it easy for the moment, really until the skirmishes beta arrives and then we will be going full steam ahead.

thejakimo
12-26-2016, 08:34 PM
After many weeks of silence from the 14th, I thought it might be time to make a post letting everyone know that we are still kicking. A small group of our members have upgraded to the Captain tier, and we are gearing up for skirmishes phase one. We are still recruiting players who wish to play for a regiment upon release, even if they do not have access to the alpha currently. We will continue to send updates once every week or so until release, and as it gets closer we will begin to shift our focus entirely to WoR.

thejakimo
03-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Update 03/09/17

We have updated the main post with all new artwork that seems to better fit with the overall theme, and have changed a few small things. With Skirmishes getting ever closer, we have shifted focus back onto the company to ensure that we are ready for release. New application has also been posted for volunteers.

Also, could an admin delete my previous continuous posts leading up to this one? I know you guys hate double posting but it will not let me delete them. Thanks :)

Ross
03-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Good Luck form the 95th New York

Jordon Brooker
03-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Best of luck with the Company from the 2nd Maine.

Hoorah!

twins1215
04-10-2017, 08:09 PM
I have created a group for the U.S. Regulars on the forum. Please consider joining up!

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/group.php?groupid=150