PDA

View Full Version : Player with the jitters

dmurray6
06-17-2016, 05:12 AM
I call this video, "Kyle does the Jitterbug".

https://youtu.be/68fkolPW1K4

TrustyJam
06-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Usually happens when either having very low FPS or having the game in a windowed mode but not having selected the window the game is playing in. Any of these two things true for the recording?

There's also the possibility of him being exactly at the "sweetspot" of the animation skeleton lod change. This will cause the engine to alter between the two (something we want to fix). Did he stop jittering after you took one step closer/further away from him?

- Trusty

dmurray6
06-18-2016, 03:33 AM
Usually happens when either having very low FPS or having the game in a windowed mode but not having selected the window the game is playing in. Any of these two things true for the recording?

There's also the possibility of him being exactly at the "sweetspot" of the animation skeleton lod change. This will cause the engine to alter between the two (something we want to fix). Did he stop jittering after you took one step closer/further away from him?

- Trusty

hmmm, all very good questions Trusty! LOL I do know I was in windowed mode because I was switching around in explorer windows and graphical edit programs, and I was doing the recording. However, at some point he did stop, not sure that either of us moved forward or back though and he continued to do the jitter with and without the WoR game-window as the focused window. Short answer, yes, all of what you mentioned could have been happening, except the low FPS.

We were actually taking screenshots to try and get images of all the different soldiers per unit, to post on the normal forum so everyone could see them.