PDA

View Full Version : WoR Free to Play?

PotatoWarrior69
04-28-2014, 11:39 PM
I have a feeling that if you are going to put a pricetag on the game it will eventually kill the game.
So that's why I am wondering if the Dev team of WoR decides to go FTP

Honestly, if you guys lack the funding you should start a Kickstarter.
Better solution then adding a pricetag IMO.

2nd question: Are you guys going to use your own servers, Fanmade servers or both for hosting the game?

3rd question: Do you guys plan on implementing items that cost actual money in order to purchase? Atleast, if you go FTP
If so try to do it like LoL, don't make it OP, it will ruin the game

TrustyJam
04-28-2014, 11:57 PM
We haven't announced anything yet regarding any costs yet and won't for a while.
Crowdfunding may be a route we're going to take, but that's not set in stone yet.

We'll be hosting servers as well as give players the option to set their own up.

I have no idea how LoL does it - but again, we haven't announced anything regarding costs or offers. We won't include an option to buy a golden uniform or gun if that's your concern.

- Trusty

GeorgeCrecy
04-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Aww shucks Trusty, I was so hoping to go a-pimpin about Harper's Ferry, takin' along all my hoop-skirted ladies of the night to the nearest shindig! Ruining all the fun I tell ya....

PotatoWarrior69
04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Thank you for your clear answer, TrustyJam.
I will hold patience until the Dev team decides to announce more details about pricing etc

I am not used to getting a clear and direct answer from Developers so this is quite a surprise to me.
But a good suprise.

I apologize for this secondary question, but
Is the game going to have Mod support?

TrustyJam
04-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Far too early for us to say - but it is certainly something we'll look into I can promise you that.

- Trusty