PDA

View Full Version : Single Player?

Toby12600
05-24-2014, 07:40 AM
I would really like to see a single player function in this game. A campaign would be awesome, and the ability to create custom battles would be awesome too!

I'm not really into multiplayer games :(

Hinkel
05-24-2014, 10:02 AM
To get a single player game working in such a "line battle" focused war is kinda impossible.
You would need so much time and skill, to get a proper AI done. So to get a working AI, which knows how to fight a real civil war battle, like keeping line formations, position of the officers, working buglers and drummers and much more (pathfinding on such huge maps would be horrible - all those fences) , would cost years of development and a huge amount of money to get skilled AI programmers.

So being a small indie game company, doing its first game, its best to concentrate on big and ambient multiplayer battles. Proper working on singleplayer games is a job for huge gaming companies, with some lovely publishers behind :)

Toby12600
05-24-2014, 05:17 PM
I didn't think about it that way. Wow, you're right.

Maybe one day, if the game is really successful, then you could work on a campaign?

Hinkel
05-24-2014, 06:43 PM
I didn't think about it that way. Wow, you're right.

Maybe one day, if the game is really successful, then you could work on a campaign?

Well, why shouldn't a multiplayer campaign (one day) be successfull? ;)

2 factions fighting on a map with lot of territories.. with multiplayer battles.

Toby12600
05-25-2014, 01:03 AM
That sounds great :)

Ben
05-25-2014, 01:17 AM
That sounds great, It could be like slightly like Red Orchestra 2. Its like a campaign, but the army that wins the match get to vote whether to attack or defend and they vote which area to attack. It gets gets the map which has had the most votes and goes on.