PDA

View Full Version : Headwear and other gear

PvtPalmer11pvi
07-05-2014, 06:46 AM
As I have seen the 114th Pennsylvania looks amazing and the shot of the Johnny's also looks incredible. I was wondering if you are going to incorporate a variety of randomized Headwear within the ranks? As the Forage cap (Or Bummer) was the Hat soldiers were issued when they got their uniforms ( with the exception of some units like those of the Iron Brigade (or the Black Hat brigade) the 14th Brooklyn, 114th Pa, Co. B of the 1rst La etc... It would be nice to see alot of those. Kepi's were a private purchase item along with Hardee hats, slouch hats etc... But in my opinion the Johnny's need some hat variety as the confederate army was not that well equipped and many soldiers brought their hats from home. (On another not regarding the Johnny's they appear to have alot of brass many of them would not have had cartridge box plates or breast plates. As for Belt buckles many would take them off of dead union soldiers and turn them upside down.) I think it would be really nice with your standard units on both sides to have a randomized variety of headwear. An assortment of Brass for the Johnnys. and also a mix between Knapsacks and Blanket rolls (Or mule Collars).

Rithal
07-05-2014, 07:10 AM
It seems like the devs are pretty much on top of things and have everything that you said pretty much covered. The models they are showing atm are very early i suspect. They are pretty much just a basis for what we can see in the future. The developers have also said that there will be full customization of your character and uniform. I'm assuming this means that there will be multiple types of hats ranging from straw hats to military kepis and forage hats. I'm also assuming this applies to your entire uniform such as a blanket roll, haversack, and knapsack. These guys definately know their stuff about the Civil War, so you can count on them :D

Hinkel
07-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Well, I have to sign Rithals answer. Its pretty much the answer I would give myself. ;)

We are totaly aware of that of course, the shown soldiers are very basic models and most of the variations are missing yet. Later you are able to fully customize your soldier in every details and you can choose of a wide amount of different assets like hats and colors :)

PvtPalmer11pvi
07-05-2014, 12:23 PM
My apologies I must have missed that conversation but soldier customization!? For real!!!!!!????? That has to be the greatest news I have heard all day! Can you take my money now?? lol

Hinkel
07-05-2014, 12:30 PM
No need to apology your self, mate! :)
There are indeed not that much news out yet.. and we are giving statements in other threads from time to time.

You can use that link here.. that page offered some more information a while ago:

http://www.shakespub.net/blogs/158781/war-of-rights-new-game-details-media-f7u

This part is the one you were looking for:

Player Customization

Players will be able to choose between various variants of jackets, backpacks, hats, equipment and faces.