PDA

View Full Version : Problem

CjkCJkCjk
07-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Every time I try and launch the game i get Error- Failed to load the game DLL! CryGameSDK.dll

Rithal
07-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Try verifying your Steam cache. If that still doesn't work, reinstall the game. If that doesn't work restart your computer then do it all over again. You could also try setting your exe to run as admin and see if that does anything. May or may not. I'm not really sure. :p

Drac
07-26-2016, 03:01 AM
I had that problem to, but I wasn't letting it make changes to my comp and when I did it download software that it needed. then it was fixed.

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Try verifying your Steam cache. If that still doesn't work, reinstall the game. If that doesn't work restart your computer then do it all over again. You could also try setting your exe to run as admin and see if that does anything. May or may not. I'm not really sure. :p
I have tried everything you said, and when i look bin-->win_x64_dedicated I use to get 2 apps at the bottom WarOfRights and WarOfRights_Server, now I only get the server one, and also when I try and run it as admin it says "The program can't start becuase api-ms-win-crt-runtimeI1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer"

Soulfly
07-26-2016, 06:53 PM
I have the same error, validating the steam files right now

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 07:44 PM
I have the same error, validating the steam files right now
Hasn't worked for me

Soulfly
07-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Hasn't worked for me

same "result" here, reinstalled it as stated, rebooted, upgraded my graphic card driver...nothing

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 07:47 PM
same "result" here, reinstalled it as stated, rebooted, upgraded my graphic card driver...nothing
Yep, I have no Idea.

Soulfly
07-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Yep, I have no Idea.

i dont even know what dll it wants,like this one at "common\War of Rights\bin\win_x64" ?

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 07:57 PM
i dont even know what dll it wants,like this one at "common\War of Rights\bin\win_x64" ?
Don't ask me, We're in the same boat.

Fancy Sweetroll
07-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Try installing these:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 08:02 PM
all 4?

Soulfly
07-26-2016, 08:14 PM
did all 4, no changes

TrustyJam
07-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Do any of you use any anti virus programs? It sounds like something is messing up either your download or removing needed files when you try to launch the game.

- Trusty

Soulfly
07-26-2016, 08:19 PM
i deactivated it before launching the game, but not during the download/ installation...i may try this tomorrow, i think need to go to bed and cry :(

Antivirus is: Avira

stiffstarch
07-26-2016, 08:29 PM
ok....deactivated firewall and other anti-virus programs...I got Connected to server!!!!! HUZZAH!!! I will test this out further. Thanks for the suggestion Trusty

TrustyJam
07-26-2016, 08:33 PM
i deactivated it before launching the game, but not during the download/ installation...i may try this tomorrow, i think need to go to bed and cry :(

Antivirus is: Avira

Deactivating them isen't always enough. You might need to add an exception in the program files for WoR. I know AVG has acted up on us before for instance.

ok....deactivated firewall and other anti-virus programs...I got Connected to server!!!!! HUZZAH!!! I will test this out further. Thanks for the suggestion Trusty

You're welcome. Glad you got through. :)

- Trusty

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Deactivating them isen't always enough. You might need to add an exception in the program files for WoR. I know AVG has acted up on us before for instance.

You're welcome. Glad you got through. :)

- Trusty
I Use Nortan....

TrustyJam
07-26-2016, 08:40 PM
I Use Nortan....

Add an exception for WoR, then verify files and try to relaunch it.

- Trusty

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 08:43 PM

- Trusty
I'll try it

CjkCJkCjk
07-26-2016, 08:58 PM

- Trusty
Then I figure out I don't know how to add exceptions XD

Soulfly
07-27-2016, 06:56 AM
Then I figure out I don't know how to add exceptions XD

You may find help here http://community.norton.com/forums/how-add-folder-exceptions though its depends on the version of norton you are running. I find it somewhat strange that this may cause this error, i never had a problem like that, but i will give it a try.

@Devs: Thanks for getting back to us that quick, much appreciated

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 12:41 PM
You may find help here http://community.norton.com/forums/how-add-folder-exceptions though its depends on the version of norton you are running. I find it somewhat strange that this may cause this error, i never had a problem like that, but i will give it a try.

@Devs: Thanks for getting back to us that quick, much appreciated
I believe I made the exception but still nothing...

Oleander
07-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Try running it as Administrator and see if that does anything.

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Try running it as Administrator and see if that does anything.
Nope

A. P. Hill
07-27-2016, 05:21 PM
How about some system spec information?

Are all your driver, software, o.s., etc upto current versions?

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 05:45 PM
How about some system spec information?

Are all your driver, software, o.s., etc upto current versions?
I don't know how to check, and how to update.

Soulfly
07-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Update: Added an exception for WoR and even Steam, checked that all windows are disabled, re-installed WoR, verified the integrity of the game cache and tried to run it...still the same error message "Failed to load Game DLL!...."

My OS, Graphic Card are up to date.

Detail:
Processor: i5 Quad-Core ~ 2,8 GHz
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 RAM
Graphic Card: Geforce GTX 970

Ps: What crygamesdk.dll is the game tying to run ?! may it be corrupted ? any chance to get it and compare it ?

Oleander
07-27-2016, 05:49 PM
I don't know how to check, and how to update.

Pres your windows key and type "system." The first thing that pops up is "System Configuration" open that and look for your CPU, ram, virtual memory and see if you can find your graphics card.

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Update: Added an exception for WoR and even Steam, checked that all windows are disabled, re-installed WoR, verified the integrity of the game cache and tried to run it...still the same error message "Failed to load Game DLL!...."

My OS, Graphic Card are up to date.

Detail:
Processor: i5 Quad-Core ~ 2,8 GHz
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 RAM
Graphic Card: Geforce GTX 970

I'm positive it's got something to do with your firewall or antivirus. If you really want to check if it is indeed so. I'd delete the anti virus (I've had issues in the past with exceptions not working in certain instances), open up the firewall, deleting the game via steam, making sure to delete what's left of the game folder in steampps/common and redownload the game.

- Trusty

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Pres your windows key and type "system." The first thing that pops up is "System Configuration" open that and look for your CPU, ram, virtual memory and see if you can find your graphics card.
I have windows 8 so I get a home screen when i press the home key.

Oleander
07-27-2016, 06:02 PM
I have windows 8

I'm sorry. :)

Press Win+R and type msinfo32 and enter.

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 06:06 PM
OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
Processor AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.45 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.26 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 7.01 GB
Idk how to find my graphics card

Oleander
07-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Should be a tab in the window that says display adapters/components or something like that.

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Should be a tab in the window that says display adapters/components or something like that.
Under what subsection

Oleander
07-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Try this Win+R type dxdiag and enter. Should be under the display tab.

David Dire
07-27-2016, 06:21 PM
You can also get all your system information via steam.

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 06:27 PM
AMD Radeon HD 8400? I think is my graphics card

Soulfly
07-27-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm positive it's got something to do with your firewall or antivirus. If you really want to check if it is indeed so. I'd delete the anti virus (I've had issues in the past with exceptions not working in certain instances), open up the firewall, deleting the game via steam, making sure to delete what's left of the game folder in steampps/common and redownload the game.

- Trusty

Did all that, still this error...what do you think about my theory regarding the corrupted file ?

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 06:53 PM
AMD Radeon HD 8400? I think is my graphics card

That's a really bad and old card. I wouldn't expect that to run the game at all.

Did all that, still this error...what do you think about my theory regarding the corrupted file ?

What's there to corrupt it? You've removed your anti virus and turned off your firewall. I guess you could try and download WoR to a different HDD but I doubt that'll do anything.

- Trusty

Soulfly
07-27-2016, 06:57 PM
What's there to corrupt it? You've removed your anti virus and turned off your firewall. I guess you could try and download WoR to a different HDD but I doubt that'll do anything.

- Trusty

+ I dont have any, just thought that the download from steam may has something do it with it. But it looks like there is no chance for me, sad news indeed.

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 07:03 PM
+ I dont have any, just thought that the download from steam may has something do it with it. But it looks like there is no chance for me, sad news indeed.

Ever had other issues running games downloaded from Steam? If not I doubt any of the sort would have happened this time.

- Trusty

Oleander
07-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Could it be a ram issue, I noticed both of them have close to bare minimum specs for ram. That's really the only common theme between them.

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Could it be a ram issue, I noticed both of them have close to bare minimum specs for ram. That's really the only common theme between them.
I haven't had problem's before... I even played far cry 3

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 07:52 PM

I doubt a low amount of ram would result in such an error, but I haven't tried it. Might be worth a test someday.

- Trusty

Oleander
07-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Only thing I can think of is uninstalling then deleting any leftover files and download it again. If it isn't a ram issue then maybe the old dll isn't being overwritten.

Grant97
07-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Hi, here you go my first problem: I can't play anymore. After the server is loaded and I select a regiment the game freezes and return to the main menu. After that it crashes and returns to the desktop lol
I tried to send a report with the program but it doesn't work because it freezes too...any ideas?

Thank you!

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Hi, here you go my first problem: I can't play anymore. After the server is loaded and I select a regiment the game freezes and return to the main menu. After that it crashes and returns to the desktop lol
I tried to send a report with the program but it doesn't work because it freezes too...any ideas?

Thank you!

The game returns to the menu itself? I've never heard of it doing that.

The program is supposed to freeze. It's doing so while processing and uploading the crash logs so please let it do its thing. The time it'll freeze varies depending on your upload speed.

- Trusty

Soulfly
07-27-2016, 08:16 PM
Ever had other issues running games downloaded from Steam? If not I doubt any of the sort would have happened this time.

- Trusty

Not one.....and i think 4 GB should be sufficient to boot the game, the error confuses me

CjkCJkCjk
07-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Not one.....and i think 4 GB should be sufficient to boot the game, the error confuses me
The download isn't that big so I don't understand what's wrong

Grant97
07-27-2016, 08:25 PM
The game returns to the menu itself? I've never heard of it doing that.

The program is supposed to freeze. It's doing so while processing and uploading the crash logs so please let it do its thing. The time it'll freeze varies depending on your upload speed.

- Trusty

Yes it return to the main menu.
I didn't know that the program have to freeze to do his work ;) Thanks for tell me that

Soulfly
07-28-2016, 07:07 AM
The download isn't that big so I don't understand what's wrong

at this point i have somewhat given up, if you can you may try to install it on another device and test if you can run WoR without any error. Personally i cant tell you what could cause this...

CjkCJkCjk
07-28-2016, 02:55 PM
at this point i have somewhat given up, if you can you may try to install it on another device and test if you can run WoR without any error. Personally i cant tell you what could cause this...
Yea I have no Idea