PDA

View Full Version : dxgi_error_device_hung

Oleander
07-26-2016, 07:40 PM
I've gotten this error 3 times now at randoms intervals.

TrustyJam
07-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Do you run with an overclocked (user made or factory made) graphicscard? I know of several other CryEngine games (Evolved, Star Citizen) that also produce this error and it seems to be related to overclocking most of the time.

This seemed to work for a bunch of Star Citizen players: "Open the NVIDIA Control Panel and under "3D Settings > Configure Surround, PhysX", set the "PhysX settings Processor" to "CPU" and click "Apply".

- Trusty

Oleander
07-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Mine is both, I had it on auto-select but I'll put it on CPU for now and see.

Oleander
07-26-2016, 08:58 PM
I think it was a temp issue. I'm waiting on a new case to handle this card. Once it gets up around 80C it starts getting a little unstable, I opened the case up to help vent it and it's running fine.

stiffstarch
07-27-2016, 12:12 AM
I finally got into camp, then started walking around and my system crashed with same message " DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG", "Cryengine SDK has stopped working"
this happens no matter what resolution I pick. I checked my settings...not overclocked.

My system AMD FX 6120 six core processor, 3.5 Ghz
12 GB RAM
64 bit OS
Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7450

This is most serious bug I have, since I can't get more than a few seconds in camp.

Other small bugs: locks up at Main screen;, but I do CTRL, ALT Delete to get to task manager, then close it, the Main Screen then is ok, and I can pick my settings, etc.

Have tried all of above at different resolutions

Any thoughts on the DXGI_ ERROR_....?

Thanks

TrustyJam
07-27-2016, 12:30 AM
I finally got into camp, then started walking around and my system crashed with same message " DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG", "Cryengine SDK has stopped working"
this happens no matter what resolution I pick. I checked my settings...not overclocked.

My system AMD FX 6120 six core processor, 3.5 Ghz
12 GB RAM
64 bit OS
Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7450

This is most serious bug I have, since I can't get more than a few seconds in camp.

Other small bugs: locks up at Main screen;, but I do CTRL, ALT Delete to get to task manager, then close it, the Main Screen then is ok, and I can pick my settings, etc.

Have tried all of above at different resolutions

Any thoughts on the DXGI_ ERROR_....?

Thanks

Your GPU is crashing. Update to the latest driver, make sure you have clean driver settings, underclock the GPU if overclocked or try to lower some of the game settings in case of the gpu crashing due to heat are some of the possible solutions.

- Trusty

Optimist
07-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Getting the same error now with full crash to desktop. The mentioned fixes + re-install is not fixing it :/ - Any thoughts on this DXGI_error_device_hung CRYENINGE stopped working error? Another solution for fixing it? I did manage to stay a few minutes in camp - apparently it crashed in the CSA camp next to the water ponds (not far from camp/shooting range)

Oleander
07-28-2016, 02:31 PM
System specs?

Optimist
07-28-2016, 10:24 PM
GPU: GeForce GT 640M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM (7.82 GB usable)
Current resolution: 1366 x 768, 60Hz
Driver version: 368.81 (Just updated this driver today)
Operating system: M-Windows 10 Home