PDA

View Full Version : Animation and sync bugs

Gamble
07-28-2016, 06:27 AM
I didn't find it in the "already known" section, and I think it is already known, but probably better put it down a second time than let it be forgotten.

When you enter melee mode (v) and kneel down oftenly desyncs the animations, so other players will keep seeing you as standing.

Sometimes you have to press r for reload several times or keep it pressed to actually reload. Took me about 5 times yesterday to relad the rifle (probably this is "just" lag).

more of a glitch:
When you get into crouched stance sometimes your bayonet sticks out of the left shoulder.

US Drill camp: when I crouched in front of the 4 barrels located at a hut I got stuck and couldn't stand up anymore. The hut is on the left side of the road when you walkfrom the camp towards the firing range, I think. This is the best geographical description I can give right now, don't know the map very well yet. I will try to replicate that once I am home from work. Probably already during lunchbreak ;)

TrustyJam
07-28-2016, 08:32 AM
I've seen people report the issue with needing to press r multiple times to reload before. I've never had the issue myself. Do you know that you can cancel the reload animation by pressing r a second time after the first one? Might this be the reason as to why it would seem you need to press it several times?

The kneel in melee mode isn't supposed to be available as an option to the player so when people see you still standing that is actually the correct thing - we just need to hook up the first person camera and animations to that also.

Thanks for the report! :)

- Trusty

Gamble
07-28-2016, 08:41 AM
sure thing!

The reload issue is definitely a bug, I can't exactly tell yet what causes it, though. It happened while I was standing aswell as while I was kneeling. I pressed r once, the animation started but popped back to shoulder arms after about 1 or 2 seconds. So the weapon was brought in front of the chest, then the animation stops. This will happen several times until I keep r pressed. Then the reloading sequence will work as normal. Probably it is a lag issue and pressing the key isn't registered by the server.

Is there a netgraph command for the cryengine? So you could probably see if this is caused by lagspikes and/or packetloss when someone tries that.

Gamble
07-28-2016, 07:36 PM
I could replicate the barrel bug again. The hut is located inbetween the union firing range and the bayonet drill range. You'll have to follow the path aroung the eastside of the union camp to the south towards the firing range. Cross the plank bridge across the little creek and you will soon arive at the hut. On the western side of the hut (where the entrance facing towards the path is) there are some barrels. These are on the left side of the hut. Approach these from the right, right next to the wall of the hut and kneel down. It's a sweet spot but after the second try I wasn't able to stand up again. I don't know if it's of any worth for you since this is not the actual battle map, but I thought I would let you know :)