PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Manual of arms..

[RG]Chewie
07-16-2014, 03:05 AM
SO how is the manual of arms going to be represented in war of rights? Will there be shoulder arms when walking, right shoulder shift at double quick, or support arms when marching long distance? I know they are the little things but the little things go a long way in games such as this.

PvtPalmer11pvi
07-16-2014, 03:44 AM
If im not mistaking a believe a saw in an earlier post shoulder arms and port arms... I could be wrong though I was too lazy to check it again :P I imagine a complete manual of arms would be difficult to incorporate but it sure would be cool..imagine if you could stack arms!!! then again many fellas in reenacting who have been doing it for 5 years still cant get it right :P I'm personally curious in the melee action of the game..Make it Gory! :)

GeorgeCrecy
07-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Hehe, don't you worry guys. I can personally assure you that there will be an extensive amount of the Manual of Arms included in the game. I made a veritable cliff of text in one of my developer threads just about the manual of arms and marching as per the times, mostly using Hardee's/Casey's and some mention of Gilham's as well. The men will march at shoulder arms when marching in quick time, and they will go to right shoulder shift, or at least port arms, when at the double. Again, we are looking to make this game as accurate as possible. Hope this answers your question.

[RG]Chewie
07-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Sounds great to me!

Rithal
07-18-2014, 04:54 AM
Thanks for reassuring us. Makes me even more excited for this game.

GeorgeCrecy
07-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Thanks for reassuring us. Makes me even more excited for this game.

Just imagine how excited you will feel when you see battalions moving in formation into line of battle. Hehehe...

Rithal
07-18-2014, 06:39 AM
Only as long as the the servers have enough slots to enable battalions of men on each side. Either way, still very cool though. I've heard about some limitations on Cry engine when it comes to player count. Anything you can tell us relating to the general amount of players there will be? :D

Hinkel
07-18-2014, 09:40 AM
In the first alpha testing stage, about 200+ player on one server.
The numbers can be increased in later tests :)

[RG]Chewie
07-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Can't wait to play ! Keep up the amazing work!

MrSpada
07-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Amazing, I can not even imagine how it will be spectacular. :)

Rithal
07-18-2014, 11:08 PM
200+ is a very good start

PvtPalmer11pvi
07-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Indeed it is!

The Emerald Archer
09-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Just imagine how excited you will feel when you see battalions moving in formation into line of battle. Hehehe...

well if we have a gatling.....hehehehe....

[RG]Chewie
02-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Another question about the manual of arms, but this one is more directed toward the video. First of all you guys did a great job with what you have however i noticed that support arms is missing. Is there any reason for this? I mean i understand support arms wasn't used too much while in close with the enemy but i believe that it would be an important visual when making the longer marches into position. I also noticed that trail arms was missing. Now that would be important to have in battle especially when on the skirmish line while trying to keep low or in route step when your trying to move somewhere very quickly. Order arms is another one that would be a good one to add. While standing still, just have a single key make your character go into order arms.

My last question is will each method have a different effect on fatigue?

Bravescot
02-21-2015, 04:35 PM
The lack of a trail arms did leave me a bit befuddled as they plan on adding in Sharpshooters in the future.

Rithal
02-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Well gentlemen, I think we can conclude that they are probably not finished with every animation yet, so we will probably see more in weeks to come.

[RG]Chewie
02-21-2015, 06:38 PM
I am definitely looking forward to it!

Bravescot
02-21-2015, 10:27 PM
I can nae wait to see all the animations running together like nothing you've ever seen!

GeorgeCrecy
02-22-2015, 02:28 AM
I can tell you that most of what you note as missing are, as Sgt. Rithal mentioned, merely as-of-yet unimplemented, but with plans for the future to do so. I would not worry at all on that end.

Bravescot
02-22-2015, 02:41 AM
So on average how long does a single animation take to fully smooth out?

Hairywarhero
02-28-2015, 09:12 AM

How many rounds can a union solider fire per min? with a British brown bess smooth bore musket it was 3?

[RG]Chewie
02-28-2015, 05:51 PM
standard was 3

Rithal
02-28-2015, 07:49 PM

I would actually be very interested to know this. Maybe...... maybe...... The developers could make like, a video sped up in time showing the creation of an animation from start to finish? Maybe?

Bravescot
02-28-2015, 10:13 PM
I would actually be very interested to know this. Maybe...... maybe...... The developers could make like, a video sped up in time showing the creation of an animation from start to finish? Maybe?

I'd really like to see this as well!

Hairywarhero
03-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Chewie;5767']standard was 3

even tho it was a percussion cap it still took that long?

Major Animator
03-01-2015, 10:52 AM
>I would actually be very interested to know this. Maybe...... maybe...... The developers could make >like, a video sped up in time showing the creation of an >animation from start to finish? Maybe?
>I'd really like to see this as well!

Depends very much of the animation, how many days it takes, usually takes a 2-4 of days to make one, but we can adjust that many times after that,
to work well in game and with other animations.
Video speed tutorial takes some time to create, but maybe later for game publicity, that could be something we can check out

Bravescot
03-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Ah nice, thanks :D. So show long did the running sequence take you?

Rithal
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM
>I would actually be very interested to know this. Maybe...... maybe...... The developers could make >like, a video sped up in time showing the creation of an >animation from start to finish? Maybe?
>I'd really like to see this as well!

Depends very much of the animation, how many days it takes, usually takes a 2-4 of days to make one, but we can adjust that many times after that,
to work well in game and with other animations.
Video speed tutorial takes some time to create, but maybe later for game publicity, that could be something we can check out

Cool. Thanks for the reply!