PDA

View Full Version : Musicains

George Winston Turner
07-30-2016, 02:06 AM
So, I'm 'new here' but I've been learning and talking and watching the game a lot, trust me. I have just never sat down and made a Forum Account. But I'm here to ask about the hate towards Musicians. I mean whats wrong with them. Musicians were one of the MOST Important parts of a Regiment.

Imagine you were in your Company and fighting with your Full Regiment in a Battle in real life. There were usually 1,000-1,200 troops in a regiment. Do you think you could hear your Colonel's Orders through all the talking, shooting and death. I think the simple answer is No. So what did they use, they used instruments to give the commands. These instrustments were very important to a Regiments performance in battle. They were a mocking bird or Parrot for the Colonel. Repeating orders for each Company during battle. They also played a Marching tune and kept the Men's Morale up.

If you really want to make a game historical you have to use every part that made it historical. This includes the Musicians, Surgeons, Ordinance, Quartermasters, Baggage, Drill, Cooks and all the other people to make a game historical because how is it correct that a solider gets his Ammo, or Food and has clean clothes for battle because of some simple but complex code. Thats not how it was, there was someone responsible for that and that is what makes a game historical.

So this goes for any game, if you want it to be historical, then include everything. I mean I understand about the Funding and Time retrasteds you have, but don't sell a game as historical if there is only 50% of the people or things in the game that would make it historical. For a game to be historical, you would need every part of it.

So please include everything that makes it historical but the Music is really important to the Game and myself, as I make Music.

Thank You for Reading this,
Sgt. George Winston Turner
Light Division Band Major

(Some may be Misspelled because I'm just writing my thoughts and not revising)

David Dire
07-30-2016, 02:10 AM
I've never seen any hate towards music, and the devs certainly will add musicians.

And the other units would not fit in the game.

FakeMessiah27
07-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Musicians definitely have a part in this game, because they belonged on the battlefield. A lot of the "other units" you describe however, do not, and I don't think they should be included. What good is someone playing as a cook going to do? :)

Owen Emerson
07-30-2016, 04:07 PM
I said no to the the 'other' characters like quartermasters and cooks, they won't really add much to the game but great idea. On the other hand musicians should be added to the game, I personally would love to hear tunes being played.

Timothy
08-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Musicians as you said will be a productive asset to our ability as officers to re-issue commands and ensure unit-wide coordination. I would just say though that the other units, sure it would be cool to have all that, its not the intended purpose for the game therefore it is redundant to why the majority of us are here. Most of us are here to drill with our guys, march and ultimately go against each other on massive battlefields. The game was never intended to be a dedicated RPG. Your points are sound, just not for a game in this genre, which I will say is by far the most accurate and well put together portrayal of Civil War soldiering that would surpass even the most experienced gaming company. If your looking for all of those other things and are not yet a reenactor, by all means become one, a campaigner at that, and you'll find the level of authenticity you want.

Best Wishes

Timothy C. Garland,
Commanding officer
6th Texas Infantry