PDA

View Full Version : 69th Pennsylvania Cos. I&K "Baker Guard Zouaves" NA/EU

69th PA Co. I&K Official
07-30-2016, 03:00 AM
http://imgur.com/GRYNh8c.png

Company I & K "Baker Guard Zouaves"

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g421/potus1/secession/Union%20army%20ranks%20and%20insignia/bunting.gif

History of the 69th Pennsylvania

The 69th Pennsylvania was recruited from Philadelphia Irish militia companies of the 2nd Regiment, Pennsylvania Militia. It was mustered into service on August 19, 1861, with Joshua T. Owen as its first colonel. Many of its members had served in the 24th Pennsylvania, a three-month volunteer regiment. The unit was first designated the 2nd California. It left for Washington, D.C. that September, before being assigned to the Army of the Potomac in October as part of Colonel Edwin Baker's California Brigade, later re-stylized as the Philadelphia Brigade.

Early in October, the regiment in pursuance of orders re-crossed the Potomac, and moved to Camp Observation, near Poolesville, Maryland. Here a systematic course of instruction was commenced under the immediate supervision of Colonel Owen, by which the command was soon brought to a high degree of efficiency and discipline. It was assigned to a brigade commanded by Colonel E. D. Baker, which constituted a part of the force under Major General Banks. Brigade and regimental drill were daily practiced under Colonel Baker, who succeeded in infusing into officers and men his own indomitable energy. A spirit of rivalry in attaining perfection in drill was created among the several regiments, which resulted in making the Philadelphia Brigade, by which designation it was ever known, conspicuous for good soldierly qualities.

Soon after the death of Colonel Baker, General W. W. Burns was assigned to the command of the brigade, and General Sedgwick superceded General Stone. Two companies of Zouaves, raising the number to twelve, had been attached to the regiment while in Virginia, which acted as flanking companies. They had been acting as independent commands, and were known as the Baker Guards.

The 69th served in the Peninsula Campaign, during which it was complemented by Maj. Gen. Joseph Hooker for making “the first successful bayonet charge of the war.”
From Chantilly, the regiment passed through Maryland to South Mountain, and after the discomfiture of the enemy, moved on in pursuit to the neighborhood of Keedysville. Resting here until the army had all come up, the division moved forward to the Antietam Creek, where during the 16th the artillery was engaged in shelling the enemy on the opposite bank, to which he replied. At six o'clock on the morning of the 17th the division forded the stream, and advanced to the support of the troops already hotly engaged, the First Brigade in advance, the Second following, the One Hundred and Sixth Pennsylvania on the right, and the Seventy-second on the left of the Sixty-ninth. The lines continued to move forward for nearly a mile, when the enemy made a determined stand, and the division was pushed forward to the front. The enemy was again driven a quarter of a mile further back; but at a rise of ground south of a narrow belt of woods, having received reinforcement, and being under cover of his entrenchments, he made another and successful stand.
The Second Brigade was now ordered to the front, but while passing a corn field and before reaching the wood, the troops on its left gave way, the enemy following and his artillery pouring in a destructive fire.

" We still kept on," says Adjutant M'Dermott, "until within a few paces of the advanced line. The fire from his batteries was here so destructive that we were ordered to lie down. This fire was kept up on us for nearly half an hour, when General Sumner, accompanied by a single aid, came up in our front, waving his hand for us to fall back. It being impossible to hear what he was trying to say, the men rose to their feet, and fixed bayonets, thinking that he wanted them to charge the batteries on our left front, and it was not until this brave old man got in front of our colors, when he took off his hat and waived it for us to get back, that his order was understood. But it was now too late, as the enemy was pouring down upon us from the rear, delivering a terrible fire of musketry. The fire was coming from our rear, left, and front, and we were obliged to retire to the right."
The regiment was now moved to the extreme right of the lines, where it was placed in support of batteries, and remained until nightfall. The loss in the Sixty-ninth was three officers and eighteen men killed, three officers and fifty-four men wounded, and one officer and nine men taken prisoners.

Battle Honors

Battle of Ball's Bluff - Falling Waters - Balls Crossroads - Yorktown - Fair Oaks - Peach Orchard - Savage Station -
White Oak Swamp - Glendale 1st-2nd Malvern Hill - 2nd Bullrun - Chantilly - South Mountain - Antietam - Fredericksburg - Chancellorsville - Thouroughfare Gap - Hay Market - Gettysburg - Rappahannock Station - Auburn - Bristoe Station - Kelly's Ford - Ruberson's Farm - Mine Run - Wilderness - Po River - 1st-2nd Spottsylvania - Milford - North Anna Tolopotdmy - Cold Harbor - Petersburg - Jerusalem Plank Road - Deep Bottom - Strawberry Plains - Reams Station - Boydton Plank Road - 1st-2nd Hatcher's Run - Dabney's Mill - Five Forks - Jettersville - Farmville - Sailors Creek - Surrender Of Lee

69th PA Zouave Uniform

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g421/potus1/secession/Union%20army%20ranks%20and%20insignia/bunting.gif

Who are we?

The 69th Pennsylvania Companies I & K has it roots in the Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars community as the 87th Royal Irish Fusiliers. For over 5 years, we have been portraying an Irish regiment on that scene. We are renewing our little gaming community by going into War of Rights under a new name, but still keeping our Irish identity, which we have come to cherish greatly.
We strive to be an active group and present ourselves in War of Rights with the same grit and mannerisms as we have done in Napoleonic Wars. Mature, disciplined, respectful to others being one of the main keywords. We are a group of people from all over the globe and all walks of life. As a group, we want to establish a fun and active gaming environment where you can always feel welcome while portraying the regiment as historically realistic as possible throughout the events and trainings we do.

Here are some links to the real men of I and K if you join you may choose your own name or take one of these as yours.
Company I
http://www.pa-roots.com/pacw/infantry/69th/69thcoi.html
http://www.69thpa.co.uk/coi.pdf
Company K
http://www.pa-roots.com/pacw/infantry/69th/69thcok.html
http://www.69thpa.co.uk/cok.pdf

Contact Info
POTUS (http://steamcommunity.com/id/potus87)
Teamspeak (ny.jestservers.com:7049)

Useful Links
69th Pennsylvania Co I & K website: http://69thpennsylvania.enjin.com/home
69th PA Co I& K Steam Group (http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791440302887)

Practical Info
We are currently active in M&B NW ( Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars) We will make the full transition into WoR once the majority of the members have access to the game.

Signed

Potus and Hall

WIP

69th PA Co. I&K Official
07-30-2016, 03:01 AM
Reserved THIS IS THE OFFICIAL POST OF THE PREVIOUSLY TAKEN COMPANIES

FakeMessiah27
07-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Best of luck

Grant97
07-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Best of luck to all! :D

BrettBeech
08-02-2016, 08:06 PM
ayy bby

Penloth
08-10-2016, 04:40 PM
This is going to be great!!

Kyle422
08-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Good luck the only thing that sucks is the fact you need to pledge 1st LT to be able to get this units specific uniform

Rocker
08-15-2016, 12:33 AM
This is gonna be fun

HWMHall
09-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all the good luck chaps...still waiting to do more with this... ;)

LordIstvan
09-05-2016, 06:01 AM
This will in fact, be lit.

michaelsmithern
09-05-2016, 01:27 PM
good luck from the 1st Minnesota Infantry Volunteers, Companies B&C

69th PA Co. I&K Official
09-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Well the test version of the company tool is released and recruits are trickling in... Look for 69th Pennsylvania Co I in the formed companies list.

Potus
10-01-2016, 05:13 AM
Just love this Company tool. slowly getting all the folks in
Will start finalizing roster in the upcoming week(s)

For now cooks, chaplains, adjutants, couriers. Way to many officers all over the place :D
Fool around time until the reset! :)

Conway
10-02-2016, 04:29 AM
You guys are great laugh and loads of fun to chat and play with. Hope to play with you guys again sometime soon :)
Best of luck.

Kyle422
10-03-2016, 01:00 AM
Being a Pennsylvania native, I love to see units forums from my home state ;) see you all on the battlefield, though I'll be the one shooting at you guys at the other end of the field!

John Ricketts
10-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Please discharge me from your company. I inadvertently volunteered for your company instead of the 42nd Penn company E. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.

HWMHall
10-08-2016, 01:28 AM
Taken care of... no problem.
:)

John Ricketts
10-08-2016, 01:35 AM
Thank you and good luck!

Jay-Kay
10-11-2016, 11:13 AM
cool

H. Bradley 69th PVI
11-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Are you guys still recruiting? Been reenacting with Co D 69th PVI out of the Philadelphia area and studying the unit for almost 25 years. Very interested in joining.

BrettBeech
01-12-2017, 08:44 AM
sorry brother I have already begun to eat the oats.

[WoR] Kiff
01-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Best of luck from Christ's Brigade!

Signed,
~ Kiffton A. Ridley

RhettVito
02-06-2017, 11:32 AM
I can't wait to finally see the Baker-Guard-Zouaves-ingame unit . Anyone else excited for it to be ingame one day? If not what other unit would you be excited to see as a playable ingame unit? :cool:

yoyo8346
02-06-2017, 12:06 PM
I can't wait to finally see the Baker-Guard-Zouaves-ingame unit . Anyone else excited for it to be ingame one day? If not what other unit would you be excited to see as a playable ingame unit? :cool:

You probably shouldn't start a random discussion on someone's company thread.

Rithal
02-06-2017, 11:39 PM

Like yoyo said, this isn't really a thread meant to be discussing various units you want to see in the game. Find another thread or start one if there isn't already one applicable.

Bravescot
02-07-2017, 01:42 AM
Ummm....I believe Rhett has joined the 69thPA.

RhettVito
02-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Ummm....I believe Rhett has joined the 69thPA.

Yes,me and Kyle both did.

Potus
02-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Indeed they are:) and yes I am also exited to see the baker zouaves uniforms
Expecting Kyle to be updating the thread soon.
And finally we have started our weekly training's,
If any looking forward to start shooting some rebels :D

Rocker
02-16-2017, 11:49 PM
Baker Zouaves is GG

HWMHall
02-22-2017, 02:06 PM
What are you on about Rocker?

Rocker
02-23-2017, 01:21 AM
What are you on about Rocker?

Just rambling

BrettBeech
02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Honk honk

HWMHall
03-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Slowly but surely getting the OP updated

Penloth
03-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Page is looking good!! Can't wait for actual battles!

Jordon Brooker
03-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Good luck guys!

Kyle422
03-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Yeah I have been slowly updating the page it will look a lot better when I am done with it.

-Kyle

Tavi
03-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Love your title imagine on the first page.

Best of luck on behalf of the 32ndMA!

LeeThear
03-24-2017, 04:22 PM
Hey guys..im looking to get back into this and join a PA regiment when i get a pc. Just curious as do u all have a training schedule or any times the unitbgets together to drill? Thanks for any help on the matter.

Potus
03-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Hey LeeThear, as of now we just doing small scaled drills once a week on Sundays usually around 7 or 8 EST
once skirmishes comes out we expect a bit more activity then there is now. You can always add me on steam if you have any questions.

Kyle422
03-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Hey guys..im looking to get back into this and join a PA regiment when i get a pc. Just curious as do u all have a training schedule or any times the unitbgets together to drill? Thanks for any help on the matter.

You are more then welcome to join us during our drills. As potus said at the moment we only have a small amount of players that are doing drill but I would say that will change once skirmish comes out.

Kyle

MaxouManSwize
03-27-2017, 11:59 AM
good luck

LeeThear
03-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Hey LeeThear, as of now we just doing small scaled drills once a week on Sundays usually around 7 or 8 EST
once skirmishes comes out we expect a bit more activity then there is now. You can always add me on steam if you have any questions.

Alright ya that sounds good...at the moment i do not have a pc but looking getting one. Id love to join a PA line regiment definately. I'll add ou guys on steam in the near future..hope all is well.

LeeThear
07-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Good afternoon members of the 69th, my wife recently purchased a gaming PC and will be able to play and get into the game , it should be here and set up by the end of the weekend. I would like to enlist in the 69th PA. This is due to me being a resident of PA, and live somewhat close to Philly. I like the regiments history as well and would like to honor those brave guys who fought to preserve our Union. What steps do i need to take in order to enlist? I already have the game and company tool set up.

LeeThear
12-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, hope all is well. Any news if any more people from the 69th have access to the alpha yet? Anyway, if not, consider this a bump for the regiment then.

Duke Of Longtree
12-12-2017, 01:53 AM
triple post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeThear
12-12-2017, 06:23 PM
triple post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??^

Timo420
12-12-2017, 06:28 PM
He is just playign with you as you made like 3 posts 3 months or so from eachother without anyone making any

LeeThear
12-12-2017, 07:57 PM
He is just playign with you as you made like 3 posts 3 months or so from eachother without anyone making any

yea...i have been in contact on steam, wanted to see if anyone would be on here though
:D

Potus
12-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Yeah not much activity going on on this board on our part sadly enough.
Shoot me a message on steam or hop on TS when you have time ;)
as for WOR activity well it's still in alpha, and we must admit that we are not really active atm.
We do hope that the more "affordable" option get's released soon, so we can start getting our members on the field of battle...

Khard
09-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Another soldier ready for battle! Bump for the 69th PA!

Kyle422
09-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Another soldier ready for battle! Bump for the 69th PA!

I see you keep deleting your posts then posting/bumping the page more than once in a few hours of each other I am going to have to ask you to refrain from doing that.

Thanks

RhettVito
10-01-2018, 09:47 AM
When will this unit come back?

HWMHall
11-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Well We are finally getting this train moving again after much anticipation. Myself and Potus have had a lot on our plates personally but we are redoubling our efforts to dedicate time to these units. Myself and Potus Look forward to working with many of you on the field.

Ben H. Phillips
11-04-2018, 03:49 AM
Well We are finally getting this train moving again after much anticipation. Myself and Potus have had a lot on our plates personally but we are redoubling our efforts to dedicate time to these units. Myself and Potus Look forward to working with many of you on the field.

Welcome Back 69thPA :)

HWMHall
11-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Thank you Brother Irish, it is good to be back.

HWMHall
11-05-2019, 02:49 AM
It may seem like we are dead...we are not, just waiting for the fabled uniforms of the 69th PA to be ingame...

RhettVito
11-05-2019, 09:36 PM
It may seem like we are dead...we are not, just waiting for the fabled uniforms of the 69th PA to be ingame...

you will be waiting for a while