PDA

View Full Version : Units

Mjtkd
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
What sort of units will there be for example, cavalry, sharpshooters, artillery, and Infantry that sort of thing?

TrustyJam
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
What sort of units will there be for example, cavalry, sharpshooters, artillery, and Infantry that sort of thing?

sharpshooters, artillery and infantry for cetain. Cavalry maybe. :)

- Trusty

Mjtkd
02-18-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree cavalry would be hard however cavalry would look rather amazing in this game, also a little biased since I command a cavalry regiment. ;)

TrustyJam
02-18-2013, 10:57 PM
I agree cavalry would be hard however cavalry would look rather amazing in this game, also a little biased since I command a cavalry regiment. ;)

Well, I can promise you that you'll be able to command some foot cavalry under general Jackson at the very least. :P

- Trusty

Mjtkd
02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, I can promise you that you'll be able to command some foot cavalry under general Jackson at the very least. :P

- Trusty

I prefer Longstreet myself :D Also nice Jackson Pun ;)

TrustyJam
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
I prefer Longstreet myself :D

You and me both.

- Trusty

Mjtkd
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Musicians, Sappers and Flag bearer been thought about yet?

TrustyJam
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Musicians, Sappers and Flag bearer been thought about yet?

Flag bearers, yeah :) Musicians and sappers, maybe. :P

Mjtkd
02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Awesome no sapper would be fine, musicians may add a lot your already locking people into 1st person so marching as a regiment may be more easy with the sound of the drum.

TrustyJam
02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Awesome no sapper would be fine, musicians may add a lot your already locking people into 1st person so marching as a regiment may be more easy with the sound of the drum.

Yeah, I think it would. Drummer boys have been discussed a few times.

- Trusty

Chris Mchayes
02-22-2013, 02:27 AM
CAVALRY, FLAG BEARERS, MUSICIANS , OH MY!!!! lol

Wolfy
02-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I am intrested in the way you will pick what unit/regiment you are.Will there be 6(how ever many)regiments set in-game like in NaS or will you pick your unifroum from many diffrent ones? Have regiments like the
69The New York
1st united sharpshooters
ect and pick which reg/class you need.

TrustyJam
02-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Both ideas are feasible. We won't be able to say until we're a lot further in the development. Which one would you prefer?

- Trusty

Wolfy
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
I prefer set units,stops pubbers from running around a in a 69th officer jacket,14th hat and a pair of 2ndWic trousers.
*Cough*put in the 69th cuz its not like i plan on foruming a reg under that name*cough* *hint hint* xD

TrustyJam
02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I prefer set units,stops pubbers from running around a in a 69th officer jacket,14th hat and a pair of 2ndWic trousers.
*Cough*put in the 69th cuz its not like i plan on foruming a reg under that name*cough* *hint hint* xD

We're still at the beginning when talking about characters... Should have something to show you guys soon though.

- Trusty

Wolfy
02-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Good...good.Well i am sure what ever unit/reg or whatever you pick will be look great :D

Jeet Kune Do
03-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Native americans units been thought about yet?In particular the 1st Michigan Sharpshooters Co. K (Union) and the 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles(Confederate)?

http://www.mainlymichigan.com/Native%20Americans.1st-Michigan-Sharpshooters-Co-K-ROSTER.ashx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Cherokee_Mounted_Rifles

TrustyJam
03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Native americans units been thought about yet?In particular the 1st Michigan Sharpshooters Co. K (Union) and the 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles(Confederate)?

http://www.mainlymichigan.com/Native%20Americans.1st-Michigan-Sharpshooters-Co-K-ROSTER.ashx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Cherokee_Mounted_Rifles

A bit. We're focusing on the eastern theatre first though. :)

- Trusty

Hawke
03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Everybody knows that the 6th Wisconsin are needed everywhere! :p

Wolfy
03-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Everybody knows that the 6th Wisconsin are needed everywhere! :p

Oh god! Hawke found us.

Hammerstout
03-17-2013, 02:30 PM
1stVA please please please

Hawke
03-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Oh god! Hawke found us.
Yep. I certainly did! :mad:

William
03-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Ironbrigade FTW

I really hope it will give Iron Brigade units in this game!!!

TrustyJam
03-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Ironbrigade FTW
I really hope the ironbrigade will be in this game !!

http://www.maritato.com/images/Artwork/IronBrigadeForward/Iron%20Brigade%20Forward.jpg

I have a feeling you're going to be quite pleased. :)

- Trusty

William
03-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Will there be different artillery units?

Like Cannons, howitzers, morters ???

Wolfy
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
We're going to have arty.. that's pretty much all I can say at the moment though. :)

- Trusty
I made a thread about arty the other day :D

William
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I made a thread about arty the other day :D

Ty for that Wolfy :D i will take a look

Wolfy
03-19-2013, 09:55 PM
I have a feeling you're going to be quite pleased. :)

- Trusty

While thats great news,where the Iron Brigade even at Antietam ? I know the 69th where so i am guessing they where there :P
Side note.Will there be more maps in the first release or just Antietam?

Fancy Sweetroll
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
It will contain multiple battles/maps. Can't say which and or how many yet though :).

William
03-20-2013, 05:47 AM
I think Antietam Getysburg ...... should be there.

William
03-20-2013, 05:50 AM
And a other question
Will there a button to look around like in warband with ^ be?

because that would be awsome so you can you look i am straight line in the line is there a gap in the line ........ would be awsome !

TrustyJam
03-20-2013, 06:16 AM
And a other question
Will there a button to look around like in warband with ^ be?

because that would be awsome so you can you look i am straight line in the line is there a gap in the line ........ would be awsome !

We will need a "look around system". Especially since you're locked in first person and don't have to option to check your surroundings in third person.

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Not sure i i like the "locked in first person" idea.While it adds reasilm and will make it alot more exciting i think you should make it a sever option.Like in chivalry,some severs will let you change but some dont.It would make trainings for regimets/clans and then be locked in 1st when you do a LB.

TrustyJam
03-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Not sure i i like the "locked in first person" idea.While it adds reasilm and will make it alot more exciting i think you should make it a sever option.Like in chivalry,some severs will let you change but some dont.It would make trainings for regimets/clans and then be locked in 1st when you do a LB.

We want to put you in the shoes of a union or confederate soldier, not letting you float above him.

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-20-2013, 07:21 AM
What if i where to die and go to heaven? :D Surly i would be floating above my dead body for a bit.

TrustyJam
03-20-2013, 07:23 AM
What if i where to die and go to heaven? :D Surly i would be floating above my dead body for a bit.

I'll gladly help you find out come release. :)

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
I'll be there. ;)

William
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I'll gladly help you find out come release. :)

- Trusty

I will be there aswell XD

Sparhawk
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
On the topic of ghosts floating above their dead body - what's the spectator camera going to be like?
Things that bother me are slow movement (Warband!) and weird spec controls (ArmA 2!)
Clicking on a name in the player list to bring the camera to them would be great.
Pretty please?

TrustyJam
03-21-2013, 03:47 PM
On the topic of ghosts floating above their dead body - what's the spectator camera going to be like?
Things that bother me are slow movement (Warband!) and weird spec controls (ArmA 2!)
Clicking on a name in the player list to bring the camera to them would be great.
Pretty please?

It's not set in stone. We're playing around with the idea of no spectator cam what so ever though. Instead of a spawn timer and a spectator cam, you'll lie on the ground where you were hit and bleed out.

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Hmm,would be boring for people when playing a "Battle2 style mode since LB's and public play can take aa while.

Hawke
03-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Hmm,would be boring for people when playing a "Battle2 style mode since LB's and public play can take aa while.
Good point.
What if you got shot early in the round and had to wait half an hour for the round to end? Perhaps when you get shot, you fall to the ground, and only have the option to be healed (By a Medic, if they're included) for say, 5 minutes after you get shot. If you don't get healed, you die and then have a Warband-esque spectator cam which could either be locked to allies or the area's that they are in abundant force, so there's no telling your allies where the enemy is after your death. A way to keep it relatively interesting, and to keep a level of realism intact.

Soulfly
03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
I would create squadrons or platoons and just when the whole unit is dead everybody respawns (depending of the gametype) to simulate reinforcements......or sth. like this

regards

Wolfy
03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Hmmm,really depends on what sort of game mode your playing.Since in the battle mode respawning would just be...pointless.But back to the spec cam,i think i would be a idea to have them lock on to friendly players since just looking at the ground is just a bit boring :D

William
03-22-2013, 07:02 AM
I would create squadrons or platoons and just when the whole unit is dead everybody respawns (depending of the gametype) to simulate reinforcements......or sth. like this

regards

Thats not a bad idead

but only if the whole unit dies is shit if some one is afk or something like that maby the right flank or left flank will fall because of one or 2 guys i think you should have some squads in a unit and they respawn but if you have in a unit 40 guys and you have 38 guys less because of two people is shit

Wolfy
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
So maybe like a conqust mode of some sorts? Where you can only move out with like 7 guys and must spawn at the first flag.

SgtPepper
03-23-2013, 12:36 PM
i dont know the exact gamemodes, but if you were to i.e hold certain points on the map like a hospital or a prison, wouldent it be reasonable to let people either spawn in a hospital after a longer time like say 5-7 minutes after their death if the hospital is held by the friendlies? or maybe if you capture a jail, and one of the regiments is compleatly dead or at least the regiment with the most dead OR the regiment who captured the jails own dead come back? if you know what i mean :D

Hinkel
03-23-2013, 01:05 PM
i dont know the exact gamemodes, but if you were to i.e hold certain points on the map like a hospital or a prison, wouldent it be reasonable to let people either spawn in a hospital after a longer time like say 5-7 minutes after their death if the hospital is held by the friendlies? or maybe if you capture a jail, and one of the regiments is compleatly dead or at least the regiment with the most dead OR the regiment who captured the jails own dead come back? if you know what i mean :D

Hmm, don't know if hospital (expect Pry house) and jail would fit to Antietam.

But this could be adjusted for important landmarks on the battlefield, like holding the Dunker church.. the sunken road and so on. The enemy team has to capture and hold that special objectives. There are various other objects on the battlefield, which were pretty strategic :)

Primergy
03-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I agree, it isn't much fun lying around dying :D

So I would support a system as in battlefield, that you are able to spawn at control points. Another option would be, that you spawn at your officer. But here you would have to implement some restrictions, since it would be quite gameplay-damaging, if you attack an position and the enemy always spawns, which would make the position uncapturable.
So i would suggest that if there are enemys within a certain range, the spawning is disabled and in case all men are dead, the officier has to retreat few hundred meters to the back - to "rally" his men. This would also simulate the typical attac-counterattack schema you can observe in wars^^

TrustyJam
03-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I agree, it isn't much fun lying around dying :D

So I would support a system as in battlefield, that you are able to spawn at control points. Another option would be, that you spawn at your officer. But here you would have to implement some restrictions, since it would be quite gameplay-damaging, if you attack an position and the enemy always spawns, which would make the position uncapturable.
So i would suggest that if there are enemys within a certain range, the spawning is disabled and in case all men are dead, the officier has to retreat few hundred meters to the back - to "rally" his men. This would also simulate the typical attac-counterattack schema you can observe in wars^^

Indeed. A system like this where you spawn on the officer or perhabs regimental colours is the best option as far as I'm concerned. Using the flag as a mobile spawn point when out of combat would also encourage the players to pick up the flag whenever it's owner is downed.

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Some really nice ideas here :D Sadly i feel that if you could spawn on the flag the guy carrying it would be the biggest bullet magnet.But its still i good idea,means that if regiments/clans or even pubs want to win they must protect there flag or officer.

William
03-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Some really nice ideas here :D Sadly i feel that if you could spawn on the flag the guy carrying it would be the biggest bullet magnet.But its still i good idea,means that if regiments/clans or even pubs want to win they must protect there flag or officer.

Yeah XD

it Would be like
You there Pick the flag up
(musket Sound)
Fuck Sir !
Yes ?
we have lost our twelfth flag carrier !!
XD

SgtPepper
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Making the flag carrier the bullet magnet would be realistic too. Since that was the main aiming point becasue of all the smoke, the area around the flag was the most dangerous. in Gettysburg the 6th Wisconsin lost 10 flag carriers in 2 minutes...

TrustyJam
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Making the flag carrier the bullet magnet would be realistic too. Since that was the main aiming point becasue of all the smoke, the area around the flag was the most dangerous. in Gettysburg the 6th Wisconsin lost 10 flag carriers in 2 minutes...

Indeed. The only problem with the idea I can see, is that players maybe sticking around in the back of the fighting in order to protect the flag and not in the front leading as they ought to.

- Trusty

Wolfy
03-24-2013, 10:20 AM
I think thats somthing that you cant stop in public play.But if you do reasilm events like in NW you can make it a rule to have the flag at the fronnt of the line.I went to one a while ago,we all had to turn the reticels and only walk(bar in a charge).Good fun but its really based on trust weather the enemy has the aims sights off :D.

William
03-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Lol 10 Flag Carriers
ist that not a bit exaggerated

Hawke
03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Lol 10 Flag Carriers
ist that not a bit exaggerated
No.
After attacking, and routing a Confederate regiment roughly twice their number, the 6th WI gave chase to them as they retreated. Unfortunately, the Confederates took cover in a railroad cut, and started to pour heavy fire onto the 6th as they charged. The standard was the most important part of a regiment, thus once one man fell, another man took the standard in his place. The Confederates targeted the Standard-Bearers, so the 6th lost many men to it. However, once the 6th reached the railroad cut, they engaged the Confederates in melee and won. Forcing the surrender of 200 Confederate soldiers.

Wolfy
03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
In other words,Hawkes regiment got ownned! And also killed some rebles. ;)

Hinkel
03-26-2013, 04:14 PM
No.
After attacking, and routing a Confederate regiment roughly twice their number, the 6th WI gave chase to them as they retreated. Unfortunately, the Confederates took cover in a railroad cut, and started to pour heavy fire onto the 6th as they charged. The standard was the most important part of a regiment, thus once one man fell, another man took the standard in his place. The Confederates targeted the Standard-Bearers, so the 6th lost many men to it. However, once the 6th reached the railroad cut, they engaged the Confederates in melee and won. Forcing the surrender of 200 Confederate soldiers.

Damn, I love that scene!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ofz_y7-WWOg#t=401s

Wolfy
03-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Good if we could do somthing like that when this is out! With the the abillity to hold many players would could do good represtive of gettsburg/what ever map or battle you want :D.

Mjtkd
03-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I think that would be a very good idea.

SgtPepper
03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
what i think might be interesting in a battle that large, would be a sort of "Regiment formation" system. for instance if you were to move out, instead of it beeing like in NW or NaS where the people have to run in formation, why not add a funktion like "follow man in front" or something. that way, the leaders in the line could lead away and the others could really chill and look for the enemy. push the button again and you're not "Hooked up" anymore. might add more realism to the game if only on command of the officer the troops could break formation and also more streight lines and such. or a "slightly visible line" between sergants in the front and back so when wheeling the line streches from one end to the other and the line would be perfectly streight. id love a feature like that :D

Mjtkd
03-27-2013, 06:05 PM
One problem with that is you sort of lose the need to train or work together, which I find is the elements most fun about regiments.

SgtPepper
03-27-2013, 10:24 PM
true as well to a certain extent. but it could also be a tactical asset^^ dont know if something like that has been done before

William
03-28-2013, 05:45 AM
what i think might be interesting in a battle that large, would be a sort of "Regiment formation" system. for instance if you were to move out, instead of it beeing like in NW or NaS where the people have to run in formation, why not add a funktion like "follow man in front" or something. that way, the leaders in the line could lead away and the others could really chill and look for the enemy. push the button again and you're not "Hooked up" anymore. might add more realism to the game if only on command of the officer the troops could break formation and also more streight lines and such. or a "slightly visible line" between sergants in the front and back so when wheeling the line streches from one end to the other and the line would be perfectly streight. id love a feature like that :D

would be awsome but like mjtkd says you loose training fun but that follow button would be better because the line is more straight it looks better and it would be easyer in LB

William
04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
do we have some news ?

Brandenburger
04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh yeah, about the flags being talked about, will they be able to get tore up a bit? Like if you shoot it will there be a hole where the bullet hit it? I think it would be a cool aesthetic.

StephenColbert27
05-26-2013, 05:29 AM
Agreed. It would be very cool if they could eventually become like the ones in this picture:
http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348431288l/118490.jpg

Apollo
05-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, about the flags being talked about, will they be able to get tore up a bit? Like if you shoot it will there be a hole where the bullet hit it? I think it would be a cool aesthetic.

+1, would really give an immersion factor.

TrustyJam
05-26-2013, 09:45 PM
+1, would really give an immersion factor.

CE3 supports cloth simulation so we'll most certainly try to do something of the sort.

- Trusty

Bioz
05-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Actually you could even make a proper stand. I mean, often on Napoleonic Wars (and In N&S as well I think) the flag could never stay in the middle of the line since other soldiers couldn't shoot because it waved just in front of them. Like this while standing http://i.ebayimg.com/t/TOY-SOLDIERS-METAL-CIVIL-WAR-CONFEDERATE-FLAG-BEARER-54M-/11/!BrSk,PwBmk~$%28KGrHqYH-CQEu2UK2%29nfBLzEJN69u!~~_35.JPG and like this while running http://www.toymart.com/photos/photos_96634136_22349762_67661918.jpg ;)

William
06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
reminds me at my Tabletop time ^^

LeRoyOFinny
07-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Cavalry Isn't What You think It Was. At That Time There Weren't That Many REAL Cavalry Units. Most Of Them Were Just Mounted Rifles, (Normal Soldiers Who Would Ride On Horse Back, Then Dismounted Before Combat).

PunIsheR
08-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I want Arty =)

Soulfly
08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
there you go http://www.moddb.com/games/war-of-rights/images/burnside-bridge :)

[RG]Chewie
08-17-2013, 07:42 AM
How about battery B 4th US light artillery.

Topper
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Well me and a friend would love to have the musicians as we are a brigade that moves around with musician drummer to the march, just to add some realism in ex. Mount and Blade North and Soith

FalloutDud3
10-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Well me and a friend would love to have the musicians as we are a brigade that moves around with musician drummer to the march, just to add some realism in ex. Mount and Blade North and Soith

True I would love to have musicians I don't know why but I actually pride myself of instead of killing my enemies I give the men around me a sense of actually being in a battle and giving them morale of hearing a tune! So when I play NW I just play music even when I am the last man standing I just stand there with the enemie pointing there muskets at me... well please add musicians it would add a sense of realism and maybe a boost cause it gives them some morale and maybe makes them maylee [misspell] faster at the thought of losing their country.

Ioun
11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Will there be arty specialists to use the cannons and such?

Hinkel
11-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Will there be arty specialists to use the cannons and such?

Of course there will be artillery crew. We are currently discussing the artillery technique, but it will be based on teamplay. :)

Estus
11-08-2013, 12:15 AM
We are currently discussing the artillery technique, but it will be based on teamplay. :)
I'd love if 2 or 3 players could move a cannon without a horse.

Ioun
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Of course there will be artillery crew. We are currently discussing the artillery technique, but it will be based on teamplay. :)

Sweet....!

Ioun
11-08-2013, 07:34 AM
I'd love if 2 or 3 players could move a cannon without a horse.

I agree, but they'd be dead before they move anything around the map.

Estus
11-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I agree, but they'd be dead before they move anything around the map.
Well, that is a colateral effect.

William
11-14-2013, 10:12 AM
i think cav will be hard ot paly in first person arty ok inf ok sharp shooters ok but cav will be not that easy i think

L.A. TIGER
02-07-2014, 02:11 PM
hello. will you have the louisiana tigers in game?

Hinkel
02-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Since Hay's Brigade did some important fights at Millers Farm and Dunker Church, I am pretty sure we will include a regiment of them :)
Actually, they did not perform that well at Antietam and were shattered, but they fought some important skirmishes on that day!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/09/22/opinion/22disunion-img/22disunion-img-blog427.jpg

George
02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
goddamnit hinkel, thats graphical! there are children here!

Ioun
02-10-2014, 07:28 AM
i think cav will be hard ot paly in first person arty ok inf ok sharp shooters ok but cav will be not that easy i think

I think that's fine though. It means that you'll have to play for awhile to get used to it.

Legion
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Coppens zouaves?

Hinkel
02-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Coppens zouaves?

Coppens Zouaves were pretty heavy engaged in antietam and they retreated. Gaston Coppens, the founder of the regiment, was also killed. Since they marched with the other Louisiana brigade, I am sure one regiment of the brigade will be presented. Maybe the whole brigade :)
At least they still used their fancy uniforms at Antietam.

Legion
02-12-2014, 09:42 PM
ok cool. i was hopeing that there would be at least one confederate zouave regiment in game. lookin forward to it.

Marsh
02-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Am I correct in saying you already added the 114th PA? Also, the 51st Pennsylvania Infantry capturing Rorbach's Bridge at Antietam was pretty important, will they be included? I imagine the entire Texas Brigade will be in there too? (1st, 4th and 5th Texas Regiments).

Also, I'd love to see the 5th New York Infantry in there somewhere, or Duryee's Zouaves as they are more fondly known. They had the closest uniform of any Civil War Regiment to the original French Zouave uniform, and they fought increadibly bravely until their annihalation at The Second Battle of Manassas.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2prdzrs.jpg

Jgamer17
08-02-2014, 01:56 AM
I hope there's cavalry, as cavalry was crucial in the Civil War and would be a very fun unit to use in the game.

[RG]Chewie
08-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Will there be federal corps badges or are you going for the plain Jane look? I know that before the corps badges on the top of forage caps was used they used pins or something similar on the breast of the sack coat.

1SGT Shannon
08-10-2014, 06:16 PM
The use of Corps badges post-dates Sharpsburg. It was adopted by Joe Hooker who commissioned Daniel Butterfield to design them.

1SGT Shannon
08-10-2014, 06:18 PM
The 5th NY were held as reserves at Sharpsburg.

Leghorn94
08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
so...wich units will be surely added?

AlekoTheGreek
09-18-2014, 12:41 PM
(A cavalry charge will always be annoying as hell but...) i think it would be a nice addition, especially for a more tactical approach. Cavalry as fast moving skirmishers

GeorgeCrecy
09-19-2014, 02:17 AM
so...wich units will be surely added?

I would be glad to give you the full list if you like! There is something called an "Order of Battle," in which the organizational levels of an army are outlined, including within it the commanders and the units. I already crafted up virtual representations of the Order of Battles for both the AotP and the ANV, which you can find here:
Army of the Potomac OoB (http://prezi.com/ekkbj1xdoaay/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy)
Army of Northern Virginia OoB (http://prezi.com/-wk1q66fd374/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy)

Hope this answers your question, Leghorn94.

Rithal
09-19-2014, 09:07 PM
That's really cool. It seems I can never find a full and correct order of battle for the any battle in the Civil War. I'd be interested to see where you found all of this.

Kinghaas
09-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Will there be German, African-American, Irish, English, Canadian and female soldiers?

GeorgeCrecy
09-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Will there be German, African-American, Irish, English, Canadian and female soldiers?

As I mentioned in another thread, there were little to no African-American units fighting on either side for the duration of the Maryland Campaign. You can bet, however, that there will be quite a few German, Irish, English, and Canadian volunteers taking part.
As for Female Soldiers, I do thank you for bringing that up. Please consider that at the time, women were not allowed to be soldiers, and were incredibly frowned upon or even considered to be whores were they found anywhere near a camp. However, many women chose to fight regardless of the risk to either their physical health or their reputation. The daily challenges were enormous, as they had to hide their bodies, change their voices, change their very attitude and everything they knew about how to act to be more like the men around them. When washing day came up, they had to go somewhere else and beg off excuses as to their absence. If they were hurt on the battlefield, they would have to not go to the doctor, or else be found out and sent home as a disgrace to themselves and their family. Some even went to the lengths of creating iron cages and wraps to cover their bosoms. While there might not be obvious signs of a female soldier in the ranks, there might be a slight indication here and there, if you are really observant! ;)

Rithal
09-20-2014, 03:57 AM
:D Exciting. It's cool you will be going to that level of detail.

Bravescot
10-22-2014, 01:15 AM
I'm a stickler for uniforms. How many "special" uniforms will be implemented into the game? What is meant by special is not only Zouaves but regiments like the 14th New York State Militia or 83rd Pennsylvanian Volunteer Infantry for the Union and 11th Mississippi - Company A - University Grey and Company I -Van Dorn's Reserve for the Confederates.

GeorgeCrecy
10-22-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm a stickler for uniforms. How many "special" uniforms will be implemented into the game? What is meant by special is not only Zouaves but regiments like the 14th New York State Militia or 83rd Pennsylvanian Volunteer Infantry for the Union and 11th Mississippi - Company A - University Grey and Company I -Van Dorn's Reserve for the Confederates.

Hey there Bravescot,

This is a great question, and one that I am happy to report that you don't have to worry about. For any unit we include that has a more than average uniform about him (or her!), we will ensure it's historical authenticity.

Bravescot
10-22-2014, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm glad to here that authenticity is being implemented. Will Hinkel's idea of the possibility of all historical ranks on the uniforms for North and South be part of War of Rights as well?

GeorgeCrecy
10-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Oh, you needn't have to worry about that, either. The rank system that will be in the game is going to include everything used in the field from private all the way up to Major General. If you are worried about if they will be accurately represented on the uniforms in-game, yet again no need to worry.

Bravescot
10-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Oh, you needn't have to worry about that, either. The rank system that will be in the game is going to include everything used in the field from private all the way up to Major General. If you are worried about if they will be accurately represented on the uniforms in-game, yet again no need to worry.

It's like I've died and gone to heaven

Bravescot
10-22-2014, 05:18 AM
Will this include all the correct colours of some of the less know ranks? ie. Orange: dragoons, Emerald green: medical corps or Crimson: ordnance. I'm sure you already know this but thought I'd ask anyway.

GeorgeCrecy
10-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Will this include all the correct colours of some of the less know ranks? ie. Orange: dragoons, Emerald green: medical corps or Crimson: ordnance. I'm sure you already know this but thought I'd ask anyway.

Well, I will say that Dragoons and the Medical Corps have a chance at being on the battlefield, however I do not think we will be including Ordinance. For the most part, those in the Ordinance Department were staff positions, and did not go onto the field, but stayed at a posting of some kind, such as at a fort.
As for Dragoons, while the 1st and 2nd US Cavalry had both previously been dragoons prior to the war, they had been reorganized to be light and heavy cavalry during the Civil War, and with the possible exception of a state militia unit or two, there were no dragoons to be found during the Maryland Campaign.
As for the Medical Corps, there might be a chance to include them in the field. However, we are a little early in our development to say either way (the old refrain).
What are your guys' thoughts? Should the Medical Corps be included? Is it advantageous to include them, even considering that this role would take away players from the more important roles such as the lowly, footslogging privates?

Bravescot
10-22-2014, 08:11 AM
If they could hack peoples legs off then I'm all for it!

Rithal
10-23-2014, 01:26 AM
As long as the medical system is realistic, and doesn't just require you to fold f on an injured person, I'm also all for it.

Bravescot
10-25-2014, 03:17 AM
Hahahaha! Yes! 18th Massachusetts fought at Shepherdstown! THAT is a uniform I want to see in game! http://i.imgur.com/RynC7Du.jpg

TrustyJam
10-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Hahahaha! Yes! 18th Massachusetts fought at Shepherdstown! THAT is a uniform I want to see in game! http://i.imgur.com/RynC7Du.jpg

Interesting look... :)

- Trusty

Bravescot
11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Much as I know it was only a training uniform I still think it would just add a bit texture to the otherwise bland union uniforms.

william2401
11-20-2014, 09:06 PM
if there are no musicians this game will be unplayable

CivilWarMan
11-29-2014, 04:30 AM
So what about the 24th GA Infantry they were in the Maryland campaign , also i think they were at the battle of Antietam not for sure though!?

GeorgeCrecy
11-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Hey there CivilWarMan, the 24th GA were indeed at Antietam, they were in Longstreet's Corps, McLaws' Division, Cobb's Brigade. As being with McLaws, they took part in the Siege of Harper's Ferry on the Maryland Heights, fighting against the Union men stationed there, eventually overwhelming their position from the disheartened and leader-less Yankees. They then helped engagement at Antietam, with four killed, thirty-nine wounded, and two missing.

[RG]Chewie
11-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Will the Philadelphia brigade be included ? They historically fought in the cornfield and the west woods at antitam.

GeorgeCrecy
11-29-2014, 08:58 AM
Hello there Chewie! To make a short answer, I would direct you here:
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?288-One-Idea&p=4650&viewfull=1#post4650