PDA

View Full Version : Organization of battle?

Jgamer17
07-28-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm new to the forum and i want to say it looks stunning so far!!:D

I have a few questions:
If this game is aimed at accurately depicting civil war tactics, how can it be achieved? If each character on the map is controlled by an individual, how can orders be expected to be followed. Couldn't anyone just walk off from their regiment or company and do whatever they want? My fear is that this might turn into a bunch of soldiers running around in a disorganized mess killing each other like COD or battlefield which was not the tactics of that era. How strict will it be is the real question? Will admins monitor characters to make sure they stay with their regiment? Also i know this may be too early to ask, but how massive will these battles be? From a view of civil war battles, thousands of men were deployed. From screenshots and videos the maps look fairly large. I guess how massive the battle is will depend on how many people are on a server? Anyway keep up the hard work developers!

Hinkel
07-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, the game will be designed to show such civil war tactics in great detail.

I could give you an example, which shows the disciplin of most of the players:
I made a civil war modification for the game Mount and Blade, which is called "North and South". Its a multiplayer mod only.

In that modification, the community formed their own regiments, with their own organisation, a command staff, colonels, captains and NCOs.
They are using Team Speak to communicate and they are even using the game, to perform training and train their formations and fights.

When there is an organised battle - called Line Battle - between 100 and 100 guys, there is no chaos. Everything is very detailed, every regiment and even every soldier is following the orders of the Brigade or Division command.
Have a look at this video. This is a good example, how those organised battles work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCYt3juRQ2g#t=1446

So, also in War of Rights, the community will be able to form their own regiments, organising their regiment and players.
Those regiments can and will perform as one unit ingame and they will fight together.

Surely, there will be some lonewolfs, testing out the game and trying to run alone on our maps. But its not recommended to act like that and there might be some debuffs or other penelties, to avoid such lone wolf tactics :)

Garessi
07-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Are there going to be public battles aside from the regimental linebattles, such as in NW?

Hinkel
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Are there going to be public battles aside from the regimental linebattles, such as in NW?

That can not be answered, cause those battles are organised by the community and not the developers :)