PDA

View Full Version : Failed to load Game DLL Error

IamFuzzyBear
08-02-2016, 03:09 AM
Hi there,

I downloaded WoR the first night I had the code (July 25th). I'm on slow Brazilian internet because I'm currently working at the Olympics. Every time I try to launch the game I get the following error: 3945

At first I thought maybe a few files didn't download because of my slow connection, but after multiple (4) re-installations and Steam Game Cache verifications, I have concluded that a missing file is probably not the issue. I'm not sure what else to do except for perhaps logging out of Steam and logging back in. I've been very eager to play WoR and having it not even launch is a major disappointment. If you need me to post any supplementary files please let me know where they are and I'll do my best to post them here.

Thanks Team!

TrustyJam
08-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Try disabling all your anti virus programs as well as firewall and try again (verifying files, or a new clean download).

- Trusty

Soulfly
08-02-2016, 07:36 AM
it is actually remarkable that it looks like all new installations are throwing this error and the suggestion of "disabling all your anti virus programs as well as firewall and try again" did not solve anything for the users :(

TrustyJam
08-02-2016, 07:57 AM
it is actually remarkable that it looks like all new installations are throwing this error and the suggestion of "disabling all your anti virus programs as well as firewall and try again" did not solve anything for the users :(

It's helped a few. If there's one thing anti virus programs like to target and mark as a potentially dangerous file, it's the game dll.

- Trusty

Soulfly
08-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Alright, i may give it another try, with the antivirus de-installed and firewall turned off, but my hope has turned down to zero to set foot on your brilliant drill camp :/

TrustyJam
08-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Alright, i may give it another try, with the antivirus de-installed and firewall turned off, but my hope has turned down to zero to set foot on your brilliant drill camp :/

I've passed your experiences on to our programmers - maybe they'll be able to come up with another idea as to why it is happening to you that I haven't thought of.

- Trusty

TrustyJam
08-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Okay, try running WoR as an admin and see if that helps if disabling anti virus programs doesn't.

- Trusty

Soulfly
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Thanks for your help Trusty, just to make sure i understand you correctly. When you say "try running WoR as an admin and see if that helps if disabling anti virus programs doesn't." you mean running Steam as an admin right ? because starting WoR.exe resulted in an another error.

I will get back to you as soon i am home.

aaron1234q
08-02-2016, 01:32 PM
I used to have that issue until I verified the steam files and downloaded one missing file. No alteration to my antivirus needed. Although, now I am getting an issue in which when i try to click on the homescreen in WoR, I have to alt tab out and go back in to be able to click the buttons or options.

Soulfly
08-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Update: No changes...did everything you suggested

Leifr
08-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Have you tried reinstalling DirectX (including older versions)?

Soulfly
08-02-2016, 07:33 PM
i am currently running the latest DirectX version 11, which one should i try ? which one are you using ?

IamFuzzyBear
08-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Try disabling all your anti virus programs as well as firewall and try again (verifying files, or a new clean download).

- Trusty

I'm not entirely sure this is the issue because I use Windows Defender, which is not a robust anti-virus program. I'm also hesitant to drop my firewall because I'm in an apartment building and I don't fully trust the internet security here. However, I could potentially use my work internet the next time I get a chance.

Okay, try running WoR as an admin and see if that helps if disabling anti virus programs doesn't.

- Trusty

I went into the Steam Common files and ran WoR as an Admin like this: 3966

And this is what happened: 3967 Which was then followed by our good friend: 3968

So I suppose this means I have to reinstall from a better connection without a firewall? I don't know why else that file would have failed to download. Any help would be appreciated!

Fancy Sweetroll
08-03-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm not entirely sure this is the issue because I use Windows Defender, which is not a robust anti-virus program. I'm also hesitant to drop my firewall because I'm in an apartment building and I don't fully trust the internet security here. However, I could potentially use my work internet the next time I get a chance.

I went into the Steam Common files and ran WoR as an Admin like this: 3966

And this is what happened: 3967 Which was then followed by our good friend: 3968

So I suppose this means I have to reinstall from a better connection without a firewall? I don't know why else that file would have failed to download. Any help would be appreciated!

Try installing the things from this post: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2343-Problem&p=39721#post39721

IamFuzzyBear
08-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Try installing the things from this post: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2343-Problem&p=39721#post39721

I downloaded all four links and the first and third files failed because there was already a newer version of the software on my computer (I guess that's a good thing). The other two files prompted me to repair or uninstall, so I had them repair. I did a system reboot and tried to play again and got the same errors as before.

What else should I try?

A. P. Hill
08-03-2016, 11:39 PM
You may want to try updating your Microsoft .NET software.

Oleander
08-04-2016, 12:08 AM
Try the steps here. (https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html) Make sure you get the right version, 32 or 64 bit.

Soulfly
08-04-2016, 07:56 PM
You may want to try updating your Microsoft .NET software.

installed the latest version....no changes. Thanks for the hint though

Soulfly
08-09-2016, 11:59 AM
anyone who suffered from this got any further ? any info would be appreciated

Potus
08-20-2016, 02:24 AM
got a brand new build PC here today, after installing all the essential drivers etc.. the first thing was to launch WoR obviously.
And well i have the exact same problem, will elaborate tomorrow need to get some sleep now

Soulfly
08-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Hu guys,

i found a solution. Especially for "IamFuzzyBear" as you had the sane problem as i had. I installed this update https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/5/11565A9A-EA09-4F0A-A57E-520D5D138140/Windows6.1-KB2999226-x64.msu for my Win7 OS and afterwards it worked just fine now.

Let me know if that helped guys or if you need any further help.

Hope to see you soon in the Camps !

A. P. Hill
08-20-2016, 04:42 PM
I agree.

I think what a lot of the problems some of the folks having issues running the game are experiencing is a lack of consistent and proper system updating.

C'mon Men, update your boxes. Update your O.S., and all other Microsoft related softwares. Updating and allowing auto updating can be your friend.

Soulfly
08-20-2016, 05:03 PM
according to my OS everything is/ was up to date....

Fancy Sweetroll
08-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Not sure if it was an optional update. But it seems to be the same as this one where it can be downloaded for Windows 8 as well.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Potus
08-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Alright success indeed ;)

Soulfy his solution did the trick

On what A.P. hill Said. For the large majority that is probably very very true good sah :)

But I updated my PC yesterday so it was a brand new build (will post specs later in the correct thread), a new clean installation of Win7 I did ALL the updating and installing drivers thingies until there was nothing more to update and i have auto updates on etc... You know all the needed and important things before you get to install all the fun stuff....

Literally my first task after all that and a good old fashion "lets restart your PC", was install steam, install WoR, Play WoR. Yet had the exact same thing as Iamfuzzybear and soulfly
So like He said OS was telling everything was up to date.

CjkCJkCjk
08-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Well the update won't download for me :( because 8.1

Soulfly
08-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Not sure if it was an optional update. But it seems to be the same as this one where it can be downloaded for Windows 8 as well.

@CjkCJkCjk : This update is also for 8.1, what happens when you try to install it ?

CjkCJkCjk
08-26-2016, 01:09 PM
@CjkCJkCjk : This update is also for 8.1, what happens when you try to install it ?
"Update is not applicable"

IamFuzzyBear
08-30-2016, 08:36 PM
I agree.

I think what a lot of the problems some of the folks having issues running the game are experiencing is a lack of consistent and proper system updating.

C'mon Men, update your boxes. Update your O.S., and all other Microsoft related softwares. Updating and allowing auto updating can be your friend.

I disabled auto-updates because I didn't want Windows 10 shoved down my electronic throat. I'm in the process of installing all of the current Windows updates and I'll try to launch WoR again when it's done.

If the Windows updates don't work, then I'll be trying this download next.

IamFuzzyBear
08-31-2016, 12:01 AM

Alright, I tried to do an across the board update with the Windows update tool, but it kept failing, and I was confused as to why. I just figured it out. The prerequisite for downloading update 2999226 (quoted above) is update 2919355, released in April 2014. I did not have that update for whatever reason, and because of this, the quoted update didn't work. So I went back and manually updated 2919355, which indecently, was necessary for all future updates to Windows 8.1. So now I'm waiting for Windows update to check for all of the new updates I've missed (which is taking quite a while). This should solve Cjk's error because I ran into the same thing.

Try the steps here. (https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/the-program-cant-start-because-api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll-is-missing-f2702.html) Make sure you get the right version, 32 or 64 bit.

Now after all of my updating, WoR still doesn't work. So it seems that the only remaining issue is to install update 2999226, but its being cantankerous. I will post again when I have an update on my updates.

CjkCJkCjk
09-29-2016, 12:32 AM
Alright, I tried to do an across the board update with the Windows update tool, but it kept failing, and I was confused as to why. I just figured it out. The prerequisite for downloading update 2999226 (quoted above) is update 2919355, released in April 2014. I did not have that update for whatever reason, and because of this, the quoted update didn't work. So I went back and manually updated 2919355, which indecently, was necessary for all future updates to Windows 8.1. So now I'm waiting for Windows update to check for all of the new updates I've missed (which is taking quite a while). This should solve Cjk's error because I ran into the same thing.

Now after all of my updating, WoR still doesn't work. So it seems that the only remaining issue is to install update 2999226, but its being cantankerous. I will post again when I have an update on my updates.
SO!?!?!?!

Soulfly
09-29-2016, 08:17 AM
@CjkCJkCjk You tried to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 right ? i am wondering why this should fail...maybe you have this already but "not applicable" could also mean that you have downloaded the wrong version like 32-Bit

CjkCJkCjk
09-30-2016, 02:39 AM
@CjkCJkCjk You tried to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 right ? i am wondering why this should fail...maybe you have this already but "not applicable" could also mean that you have downloaded the wrong version like 32-Bit I have a 64 bit and I download the 64 bit and it comes up with that message in the installer