PDA

View Full Version : New Ready Arms and Flag

Duffy
08-04-2016, 05:08 AM
The newest update that came out tonight (August 4th, 2016) is great but I have one change that I would suggest. The new pose looks great, the clicks from half cock to full cock are great too, and I like the automatic shoulder arms when you go to move. The one thing I would change comes after you reload and go automatically to shoulder arms. I would prefer a move right back to ready arms instead of having to go from shoulder to the ready over, and over again. If I want my guys to go to shoulder after they load, it's easy enough just to tell them to do so. This would also come in handy for more than one reason, plus during fire at will and would save some time from transitioning to ready from shoulder arms. Just my two bits...

Also, the Confederate battle flag in the Confederate drill camp should be square, not a rectangle. I'd even possibly suggest another flag such as the Bonnie Blue Flag.

Keep up the great work Devs!

Timothy
08-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Amen on the automatic move to ready position after reload, logistically it would be a huge time saver for guys to prep to fire when commanded, but also I feel it would give greater depth to immersion, allowing us to go right back to being at the ready as is proper while waiting for the order to aim and then fire.

SteelWalrus
08-04-2016, 05:31 AM
Agreed about the ready stance. It is a great addition, but that one little improvement would be stellar.

Oleander
08-04-2016, 05:50 AM
I agree, generally when you have fired you'd come back to the ready once loaded unless told to cease fire.

Rainbow_Flyer
08-04-2016, 07:50 AM
The newest update that came out tonight (August 8th, 2016) is great but I have one change that I would suggest. The new pose looks great, the clicks from half cock to full cock are great too, and I like the automatic shoulder arms when you go to move. The one thing I would change comes after you reload and go automatically to shoulder arms. I would prefer a move right back to ready arms instead of having to go from shoulder to the ready over, and over again. If I want my guys to go to shoulder after they load, it's easy enough just to tell them to do so. This would also come in handy for more than one reason, plus during fire at will and would save some time from transitioning to ready from shoulder arms. Just my two bits...

Also, the Confederate battle flag in the Confederate drill camp should be square, not a rectangle. I'd even possibly suggest another flag such as the Bonnie Blue Flag.

Keep up the great work Devs!

i went to read your thing, and when i saw you put the 8th of August my ADHD or somthing kicked in and i just had to tell you, other then that, we do need the bonnie blue XD

J.Stockton
08-04-2016, 05:09 PM
I completely agree, going back to shoulder arms after reloading throws off the rhythm of (ready - aim - fire - reload - aim - fire...). Also more flags would be cool.

Relativ
08-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Absolutley agree with that, was about to make a similar psot

Duffy
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM
It's August 4th.

That it is, I fixed my mistake.

J.J. Massey
08-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Agreed, and thanks Cpt.!

JaegerCoyote
08-10-2016, 08:21 PM
I would like to be able to move in the ready position.

csheffield1
08-10-2016, 08:45 PM
I would like to be able to move in the ready position.

Yea, it would be best for a hot situation, especially when in a withdrawal or advance,

Duffy
09-04-2016, 10:01 PM
I also agree that we should be able to move while in the "ready" stance. And you make a good point Sheffield about either firing in an advance or a retreat scenario. You can still use the old "ready" stance from the "v" key to move at more of a ready stance however in the meantime.