PDA

View Full Version : Internet dies when trying to join servers.

Oleander
08-04-2016, 06:20 AM
Up until tonight's update I've had no trouble getting onto any of the servers, however when I tried to get on after the update the game virtually locks down my wifi, to the point of my pc disconnecting from it and Steam going offline. I've tried it a couple different ways and still having the same problem. Everything else on the net works fine, video streaming etc, but every time I try to get on a WoR server it dies.

Soulfly
08-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Up until tonight's update I've had no trouble getting onto any of the servers, however when I tried to get on after the update the game virtually locks down my wifi, to the point of my pc disconnecting from it and Steam going offline. I've tried it a couple different ways and still having the same problem. Everything else on the net works fine, video streaming etc, but every time I try to get on a WoR server it dies.

(never heard something like that) It may be that your network card can't handle the load (for whatever reason), can you test it with a "regular" LAN connected to your PC ?

Oleander
08-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I've put everything in a new case, and the card they put on the board when it was built is one of those old half mini cards you get in laptops. The antennas used to be mounted to the case but there's no good place to put them on this one so I'll try a new card.

Oleander
08-06-2016, 12:35 AM
After 3 very stressful days I got it fixed, hallelujah.

A. P. Hill
08-06-2016, 01:24 AM
After 3 very stressful days I got it fixed, hallelujah.

LOL.

AND, share your fix ....

Oleander
08-06-2016, 02:15 AM
My carrier was having net issues along the east coast, but everything else was working fine on things like videos so I don't know how much of an issue that was. But the card my motherboard shipped with has a wired antenna that uses the case sort of like a laptop does. When I moved everything to the new case I started having the issues, it coincided with the net issue, but since I didn't have a good place for the antenna I bought a new net card. That seems to have been the issue, back up to 20Mbps :)