PDA

View Full Version : Found a glitch in the game - just trying to be helpful

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Hello! This is not a complaint at all - just want to be helpful to the developers. I have encountered a glitch that occurs when I attempt to draw my rifle immediately after exiting a charge. My soldier attempts to "unshoulder" his rifle, clicks the hammer back, and then proceeds to shoulder his rifle again, then immediately tries to "unshoulder" it again, clicks the hammer back, shoulders it, and continues to cycle through these actions until something causes him to stop. This happens nearly every time I try to aim my rifle while exiting a charge. Is this just me experiencing this?

My apologies for using the non-existent word "unshoulder" but I didn't want to say he tries to aim the rifle because he never gets this far.

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 05:34 PM
I have not established a pattern in terms of how many times he has to cycle through the movement before it corrects and I can again draw my rifle properly. I will do my best to report on this.

Legion
08-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Good job, finding bugs and testing features is what the tech alpha is for. Though I recommend posting bugs/glitches in the bug report section next time:)

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Haha thank you for the advice.

csheffield1
08-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Didn't they fix this though? If I'm thinking of the right glitch...

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Thank you for mentioning that csheffield1 - I had the same thought as you.

However, I'm not certain - they may have fixed one of the ways that you encounter the glitch - but I'm fairly certain I found a "new" or "unsolved" way of triggering it. The threads I read through that referred to the glitch you are talking about referred to "going back and forth between ready and non ready stance". I am not certain what the game devs mean by ready stance, but if they mean aiming down your iron sights then yes this is the same glitch. However, I just encountered it today by trying to aim down my iron sights immediately after exiting a charge so as I suggested previously, maybe they fixed one instance of the glitch but haven't figured out how to fix it when exiting a charge? I mentioned it to FancySweetroll and he immediately replied and thanked me and said he would look into it.

It is very reassuring to me how responsive and polite the devs have been. Makes me confident that this will (one day) be a game that causes me to perform poorly on my yearly job review due to the mass amounts of work I put off in order to play.

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 07:52 PM
I've managed to establish a bit more of a pattern. This glitch is encountered both with and without bayonets fixed. When exiting a charge and attempting to bring up one's rifle - the character attempts to bring up the rifle 9 times before the glitch ceases. I've had it do this three times in a row now - each time the glitch ceased after the character made 9 attempts to pull the hammer back and aim the rifle. Once the glitch ends the character is able to aim the rifle properly (provided you don't go back into a charge).

TrustyJam
08-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the detailed bug report! :)

- Trusty

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Oof - this got a bit more complicated. Did some more testing with some other users playing the game. Apparently while this is going on on my screen - they are seeing me simply aiming so it appears to be a "user side" issue. In addition, I had the gentleman I was playing with attempt to charge and draw his rifle and he had other issues involving the ready stance. My issue is the same each and every time. Nine attempts to draw the rifle unsuccessfully. I've taken a video of the glitch and will upload as soon as Google Drive has finished uploading it.

And no problem Trusty - I'll keep reporting on what I find as long as it is helpful.

LieutenantGeneralTom
08-08-2016, 08:49 PM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_7eXF23slh9M1MwdElNZWlXNEU

Also just duplicated the glitch with another user in game. He charged and attempted to draw his rifle and confirmed that the character tried 9 times to aim the rifle before giving up. On my end he appeared to be just aiming the rifle fine.