PDA

View Full Version : Naming System In game

Wisner
08-15-2016, 06:25 AM
This question is about a discussion about the in game naming system, or rather the lack of it. Presently our steam name is the name that is used in game. Not every person wants to be know as Pvt John Doe [10thInfantry] etc. in their steam name. So will everyone have to use their steam name or will there be an in game naming system that is used as your name in game.

Hinkel
08-15-2016, 07:54 AM
There will be a naming system, once its being made ;)

Wisner
08-15-2016, 07:55 AM
sometimes its scary how fast and what times you respond to questions {you as in the devs) Ik ur in germany buy by god.

Hinkel
08-15-2016, 08:27 AM
{you as in the devs) Ik ur in germany buy by god.

Thats the time difference. I got a message 6 hours before you actually post your question. So I can answer it faster ;)

TrustyJam
08-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Thats the time difference. I got a message 6 hours before you actually post your question. So I can answer it faster ;)

German engineering!

- Trusty

Wildcat
08-15-2016, 11:55 AM
There will be a naming system, once its being made ;)

Thank you will it have limits like in Mount and Blade because ive seen a few troll names about that are in fancy text you cant read and stuff :P?

GeneralSquirts
08-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Yeah hopefully there's a profanity filter of some sort. Will help keep the cancer away that NW brought.

Hinkel
08-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Thank you will it have limits like in Mount and Blade because ive seen a few troll names about that are in fancy text you cant read and stuff :P?

Maybe people are forced to use the name of the character, they created. With a real for- and surname :)
Since the game is realistic, it would kinda destroy the immersion, when there is someone as "The Pink Panther" infront of me...

Ben Hinkel would be more realistic then :cool:

Gandalf
08-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Maybe people are forced to use the name of the character, they created. With a real for- and surname :)
Since the game is realistic, it would kinda destroy the immersion, when there is someone as "The Pink Panther" infront of me...

Also, hopefully a certain name can only be used once?

It would be pretty creepy to see a whole company of Ben Hinkels, if you know what I mean :D

yoyo8346
08-15-2016, 03:49 PM

This is what I hope for.

Willie Fisterbottom
08-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Incoming names like A. Nel Prober

Bravescot
08-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Incoming names like A. Nel Prober

Ben Dover

csheffield1
08-15-2016, 05:54 PM
In addition to this, would we have the ability to put the unit we portray in the front of our name? For example you have 2 bars used for typing your name, and in front of that there is a slider which you could select any of the Units in the campaign so that when someone on your team sees you, they know what unit you're with, or rather portraying.

yoyo8346
08-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Ben Dover

Hugh Jass

Henronicus
08-17-2016, 03:59 AM
Mike Hunt
Moe Lester
Sum Ting Wong
Wai Yu Tso Fat

TwistedDNA
08-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Won Dum Ho

michaelsmithern
08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Dibs on I.P. Freely

Gbaby
08-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Yes! Real names would be great. I would love for this game's community to not bring the memes into this. A serious game that is fun because its serious is what I hope for. Either way I'm gonna play the game because its amazing.

Henronicus
08-24-2016, 11:25 PM
What if they're sort of real-sounding like Edmund Blackadder? That would kind of still ruin the immersion IMO. And then there's gonna be that guy that argues that it's theoretically possible for someone to have the surname Harambe, and name himself Richard "Dick" Harambe.

So, I think we ought to have some sort of way to root out those names too.

TrustyJam
08-24-2016, 11:28 PM
What if they're sort of real-sounding like Edmund Blackadder? That would kind of still ruin the immersion IMO. And then there's gonna be that guy that argues that it's theoretically possible for someone to have the surname Harambe, and name himself Richard "Dick" Harambe.

So, I think we ought to have some sort of way to root out those names too.

If you're offended by seeing non immersive names don't press T or look at the chatbox. :)

- Trusty

Henronicus
08-24-2016, 11:31 PM
If you're offended by seeing non immersive names don't press T or look at the chatbox. :)

- Trusty

Okay:) To be honest though, I personally probably wouldn't care too much, although I bet some people would.

FakeMessiah27
08-25-2016, 09:31 AM
I think community control would be better suited to rooting out non-serious names than restrictions by the game. The more serious companies will organise their own events and not allow random people with weird names to join. Simple.

Lackay
09-03-2016, 03:03 PM
I think community control would be better suited to rooting out non-serious names than restrictions by the game. The more serious companies will organise their own events and not allow random people with weird names to join. Simple.

Agreed